Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
DJI Pilot App 1.2.0 Released for IOS
3984 31 2015-6-26
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
sploodge
Captain
Flight distance : 809350 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Go grab it  - https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/dji-pilot/id943780750

Report fixes and/or bugs in this thread.

Thanks
2015-6-26
Use props
JtrJr-UAV Pilot
Captain
Flight distance : 4341 ft
United States

Thanks Sploodge, appreciate the info! Now I can go update my 4 IOS devices!

Jerry
2015-6-26
Use props
marc.hufnagel
lvl.3
Flight distance : 2368264 ft
  • >>>
United States

'various bug fixes'    camera level fix by chance? probably not.
2015-6-26
Use props
buzzcbr
Second Officer
Flight distance : 316545 ft
United Kingdom

So how does  -  Added center point reference in Camera View - work then.

Has DJI released a manual on the pilot app?
2015-6-26
Use props
nofearmx
lvl.4

United States

Just downloaded added a couple of cosmetic changes: Radar is different, map is up but can be minimized. Can't see a whole bunch more for now will take it out this afternoon for a test and will update.
2015-6-26
Use props
Spankybear
Second Officer
Flight distance : 685089 ft
United States

Oh boy... and my ipad air 2 will be here Monday!
2015-6-26
Use props
pete.c44
lvl.1

United States

And another nothing update...it wouldn't be so bad if it actually led to more reliability. It looks like DJI has already moved on to its latest interest...the Matrice. DJI seems to want to be the Leonardo Dicaprio of the drone world.
2015-6-26
Use props
digitaldave
lvl.3
Flight distance : 752917 ft
United States

buzzcbr@gmail.c Posted at 2015-6-27 01:09
So how does  -  Added center point reference in Camera View - work then.

Has DJI released a manual  ...

The center point is just another guide option. I believe it might help in orienting your direction more then a guide for photography. I usually use the rule of thirds guides as I use them in my DSLR cameras as well for panoramas.
2015-6-26
Use props
nofearmx
lvl.4

United States

So took it out. Works fine. The only problem i had was lag in video right before my iPad over heated. It was 100F here so i am not too worried about that. Sat in my truck blasted the ac on the iPad and took it out again. Video was fine... then started to lag again, i touched the iPad it was getting hot again. So sat in the truck with the ac vent blasting on the iPad and i had no lag for the rest of the flight.
I am sure this would have to be tested but I have a bad feeling that the video lag actually isn't a DJI issue, but a processing issue with hot tablets. I could be wrong this could just be a fluke. But I did manage to run two more batteries while blasting the AC and no lag.
Otherwise the app works fine, but then again I have never had real issues with the latest upgrade or the app in the past. The center point seems useless to me for my use but I am sure some one could find something to do with it.
I am also not mad that they are trying to launch more products, they are growing and I am sure that more technologies will be added and that is what business do.
Just my thoughts on the app... the interface is easy to read and the little flight info cluster is very "game type" so probably comfortable for most people.
2015-6-26
Use props
Willie Wonka
First Officer

United States

nofearmx@gmail. Posted at 2015-6-27 06:41
So took it out. Works fine. The only problem i had was lag in video right before my iPad over heated ...

Thanks for the info, I'll head out now and test mine, will let everyone know my findings.
2015-6-26
Use props
superdodoz
Captain
Flight distance : 118422 ft
United States

Is OK to update the DJI Pilot App 1.2.0 using FW 1.1.9? Or I need to update the FW also? Thanks
2015-6-26
Use props
nofearmx
lvl.4

United States

Cool Wiile, let us know. I know that piloting from the cab of a truck isn't recomended but I am curious to know about the lag as well.
2015-6-26
Use props
nofearmx
lvl.4

United States

superdodoz Posted at 2015-6-27 07:30
Is OK to update the DJI Pilot App 1.2.0 using FW 1.1.9? Or I need to update the FW also? Thanks

I honestly don't know. Try and see what happens, maybe use the app on phone if you usually fly with a tablet or vis versa to see before updating all devices
2015-6-26
Use props
ara9112003
lvl.4
Flight distance : 495869 ft
United States

I tested today and something happen with the video transmission now get frozen a lot, even at only 20 ft away, Never happened before.
2015-6-26
Use props
Willie Wonka
First Officer

United States

So I went out and first flight with the 1.2.0 on iPad Air 2 lte and video is smooth BUT 3000 feet away I got video transmission signal weak on the iPad and the freaking iPad FROZE that I had to push return to home on the controller to bring it back, then I had to do a hard reboot on the iPad as it was not responding to anything. So next battery I went out 3800 feet away 400 feet high and was able to do a full flight with no issues but a little signal lose here and there when the phantom was facing me 2000 feet away, I find it a little laggy so that is not an improvement in my opinion.
2015-6-26
Use props
jlarcher
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2743376 ft
  • >>>
United States

I have flat ice packs with me to help reduce the heat on the iPad mini. The max operating temp on the iPad mini is 95 degrees. It is hard to keep below that temp  when it is 110 degrees outside and the heat generated from using the app. I don't fly much this time of year.
2015-6-26
Use props
FantomDK
Second Officer

Denmark

Looks like they changed the UI a bit - with both the "radar" and mini-map visible.

Looking forward to flying when the weather gets a bit better. Will stay on Firmware 1.1.9 for a bit, hopefully no issues with that together with the new iOS app
2015-6-26
Use props
Willie Wonka
First Officer

United States

FantomDK Posted at 2015-6-27 11:26
Looks like they changed the UI a bit - with both the "radar" and mini-map visible.

Looking forward  ...

The gauge on the left is not a radar, that's a yaw and pitch angle gauge, it's useful in detection of wind turbulence and stick input feedback.
2015-6-26
Use props
Dive-N-Dog
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1087028 ft
United States

I just tried it. Two minutes into warm up and pre-flight got an error "Gimbal Motor Overeated"  I've never had a problem with the gimbal prior to the update of the app. I shut it down and check for debris and obstructions, there were none.  Stared it up again everything seemed ok I picked up the P3 from the top and moved it slowly to check gimbal operation then again same error.  None of the gimbal motors are warm to the touch.

I flew it at about 30' alt and the gimbal seems to be working fine.  I just didn't want to push it till I find the cause.

I noticed the android users had poseted the same error after upgrading to the new android version of the pilot app.  I wonder if it's related.

I guess I will be calling DJI to see what up.

-Dog
2015-6-26
Use props
phresh_5
lvl.3

Canada

I also had the gimbal overload error for the first time with this latest iOS update. It flew fine and nothing was in the motors.
2015-6-27
Use props
Djjddj

United States

I also have the Gimbal Motor Overload error.  Did not ever happen prior to upgrading to this version of the app. I've flown twice now with the new app and get the error randomly throughout the flight.  P3A with latest firmware.
2015-6-27
Use props
fhagan02
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1854908 ft
United States

I just got back from testing. I had zero issues with anything: App update, warnings, calibrations etc. I fly with the SRP ND's (weight is about 7g's) and still had no gimbal motor alerts, drifting, staying level etc.

I'm on an iPad Mini 2. Love the repositioning and redesign of the V and H speed indicators. Map has been moved to the lower right now. (Apparently this is exactly like the Inspire 1's HUD) I also love that the craft orientation and attitude display stays up on the bottom left. If I ever have a compass error and the craft goes into ATTI mode, I'll be able to quickly see which way to point it to come home instead of drifting away. Nice.
2015-6-27
Use props
FantomDK
Second Officer

Denmark

Willie Wonka Posted at 2015-6-27 11:39
The gauge on the left is not a radar, that's a yaw and pitch angle gauge, it's useful in detection ...

Even better.  I like it. It was visually similar to the older 'radar' dial. This new one is much more useful.
2015-6-27
Use props
Willie Wonka
First Officer

United States

FantomDK Posted at 2015-6-28 07:18
Even better.  I like it. It was visually similar to the older 'radar' dial. This new one is much m ...

And once the add the ioc features we will be in fpv heaven.
2015-6-27
Use props
frozenhawaiian
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1663 ft
United States

tried it today for the first time today. I like it and it seems to work well, can't speak to any big fixes since I didn't have any bugs that needed addressing.
2015-6-27
Use props
manuelnegronpr
Second Officer
Flight distance : 10933205 ft
  • >>>
Puerto Rico

frozenhawaiian Posted at 2015-6-28 07:59
tried it today for the first time today. I like it and it seems to work well, can't speak to any big ...

Tried today. Over 3000 fits without any problem. Video feed strong on iPad Air 2. Firware on P3A  and iOS up today. VPS off. I love this aircraft.
2015-6-28
Use props
FantomDK
Second Officer

Denmark

manuelnegronpr@ Posted at 2015-6-29 00:39
Tried today. Over 3000 fits without any problem. Video feed strong on iPad Air 2. Firware on P3A   ...

I love it too

And that some people (naturally) write about issues and concerns is not indicative of the many Phantom-owners who do not have any serious problems.
2015-6-29
Use props
uhayat
lvl.3
Flight distance : 191421 ft
Pakistan

Couldn't be happier with it
2015-6-29
Use props
Phantom_Film
First Officer
Flight distance : 1609482 ft
Greece

Tried it today, i had some lag, and some black screens.I mean video loss. The telemetry worked, only video was lost sometimes. Not to be scared of, but it is annoying.

Also i see in the new app , there is no custom in HD settings tab it is only auto. I dont like that. I think the lag and problems in video maybe caused by auto mode.
Not much heat for my ipad mini 2 , never had any issues before.

2015-7-6
Use props
Phantom_Film
First Officer
Greece

I went back to 1.1.1 app in my ipad mini, and will test today !
2015-7-8
Use props
Phantom_Film
First Officer
Greece

Well still lag and black screens, seems the issue here is the 1.26. bird firmware.

Waiting on update form Dji. Anyway, i got the shots i needed, had to wait some secs for the image to come back, but other than that i am happy with the P3P.

2015-7-9
Use props
Babeslaz
lvl.1
  • >>>
Philippines

Recently purchased a M2Dual, downloaded pilot app from App Store, could only get version 1.1
2019-3-30
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules