Flight distance : 2812 ft
United States

How does that make you feel?
2015-6-26
Use props
RevoMikey
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Did they ever support it then? the only time i ever asked for help when i had issues they never even bothered to respond to any of my four email requests for help.

Their customer service is so piss poor that nothing will change for us, as long as the parts remain available we will be alright.

Once they have your money youve always been on your own.
2015-6-27
Use props
Michael Starley
lvl.4
United States

Thank you for the perspective. I came into the game around phantom 2 Zenmuse gimbal time .
I purchased mine for business . In America the wise way to begin  a business is to purchase long lasting dependable tools that produce quality work
In doing so long lasting relationships develop . In that process both businesses take care of each other financially . Me through profits generated, the other business by me showing off their tools and sending customers to their business by word of mouth. Taking care of each other . Having each others back .

Revo you are 100 percent rightabout customer service .Or lack of. While doing my research I caught wind of customer service issues but nothing as appalling as what I have witnessed here. My frustration with this experience has been that the harder you try to be loyal, the more you regret it . Makes you feel stupid quickly . By then you are already financially invested . It's too late .
Squeaky Wheels always receive grease . I know that when members come to this forum and see my avatar the first thought is not this guy again!
My post have been directed toward senior management through this forum . Directly At Management . Not in an attempt to get my way but rather shed constant light on issues I know will cause this company to abandon these products that are classed as hobby(Non Essential To The Company) . I am seeing on the inspire1 forum that all of the voices of concern are being heard . Positive change is happening .

I knew that it would . What all of the members here have been seeing out of myself and others started out as an attempt to shed much needed light on customer service issues .
It quickly became apparent that we were not only shedding light but we were also helping to pull together the edges of very wide culture gap .

I have been in and around RC Hobbies for a long time . This is the first time in my life that I have ever seen a company cut the roots of it's product line so soon . Wise companies just expand them . I need a company that will be around for the long haul . I have been told recently that the p1 has been around for 3 years not two . That is a little bit encouraging . As a man in business for himself am forced to find a much more stable product line. I don't want to but I have no choice if I plan on being successful . I mean why should this company be the only one in this business relationship that is successful?
Trust me Revo. I am not jumping for joy over this . Well aside from all of that the FAA has also been a part of this decision, which means at this time even if DJI carried the phantom as long as I wanted I still pay bills as an outlaw . Not Happy about that either .         THANK YOU FAA for such a blanket decision .        May A Thousand Fleas Infest Your Crotch!!                              
2015-6-27
Use props
RevoMikey
lvl.2
United Kingdom

So what have you heard? just they are no longer going to help us with them or stop making spares for them? i suspect the spares will be around for a long time yet, long enough for us to ditch the dji brand and go buy something better, my next quad is the TBS (Team Black Sheep) Discovery, they have a great forum, great equipment and Trappy (the owner of TBS) also contributes to the forum.

If you havent seen or heard of them check out Team Black Sheep on youtube.

I have also been around RC for many many years, i started off with Tamiya on road cars, then went nitro on road, over to Traxxas Revos (Hence the name) side stepping into truggies and then finally flight, of all the brands i have dealt with DJI are the crappiest. shame really, mind you i have seen similar problems with other companies:

Traxxas, excellent design, great customer service, great spares avaialbilty, crap materials meaning constant down time.
Hpi, excellent design, great customer service,  excellent durability, crap availabilty of spares
Team Associated, great kit, great availability of spares, great customer service
Hobao, just brilliant all round really.
DJI, great idea, great design, fair availability of spares but crap customer support,

All the poor folks with the phantom 3 are still waiting for spare batteries, imagine going to your fave flying spot just for a 15 minute flight, pathetic.

I am tempted to put the Phantom on ebay and buy a discovery i must admit, although to be fair, my phantom is working perfectly at the moment, no thanks to dji.

So what have you heard about the support of the P1?
2015-6-27
Use props
Michael Starley
lvl.4
United States

http://forum.dji.com/thread-1817-1-1.html Here is the thread . Great to meet another RC Cars and Trucks guy . You said it those heads on that t-maxx were a nightmare!
Last truck was an HPI Savage Big Block Edition . Ditched the motor before break in. Installed an RB .27 on her along with a list of upgrades . Embarrassed to say how much was spent .
Let's just say that I could try my best to break it . Rock solid. When in her prime the only issue was spitting out the left front axle from time to time . Usually found the axle on the ground within a couple of minutes .
Pop her in and back to bashing .     Wish I had another one .

If that link gets lazy look under Phantom 1 H3-3d gimbal .

A little off of forum topic...how has the Revo held up? Never spent time with one but it looked like a long lasting design .
2015-6-27
Use props
RevoMikey
lvl.2
United Kingdom

i would say lets take that "retired" comment with a pinch of salt, besides, they never offered any support anyway as we said.

The Revo? much like the Phantom its a really well designed piece of kit, Traxxas just "Cheap out" on the plastic quality, the erevo brushless was something beautiful to see flying through the air, really easy to control, back flips on command, traxxas stated it was 6s ready, the esc and motor was, the rest of it could barely take 4s. out of the box (£700 new) it took a further £200 of mods to get it reasonably solid.

constant diff failures, snapped shafts, snapped arms, stripped spurs and when you only get an hour a week to bash down the beach it gets tiresome when it doesnt get through a pack of lipos.  truth be told i am well done with traxxas. i even got banned from their forum when i stated that "a new revo is more brittle than glass" lol.

the erbe i had had full rpm arms all round, chassis brace, summit shafts, engine mount brace and it still struggled to keep running.

i have been known as revomikey for years so the nick remains, at one point i had a nitro revo, erbe and the merv.  i still have the nitro revo and merv though, i played with the merv tonight in the street with my boy, thats a bomb proof piece of kit, the nitro revo is fully hopped up and has well over £1200 in it, but its oly, smelly, noisy and i cant be bothered with it.,

my collection now stands at a

hpi trophy trugggy flux
nitro revo
mini revo
brushless nitro 4tec conversion
Hubsan x4

and of course the phantom.

what are you running?
2015-6-28
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now