Ronin sc2
5325 10 2020-11-3
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
George Glou
lvl.1

Greece

Hello everyone,
I am close to buying SC2 but I have one question.
If for some reason batteries need to be changed....is there a way to take them out? Can you replace the batteries?
If not that means you need to buy a new grip?
Thank you very mcuh
George
2020-11-3
Use props
djiuser010101
lvl.3
Malta

You cannot change the battery, and you cannot change the battery grip. You'd just have to accept the fact that as time goes by, the batteries will get weaker and you'll need to buy another gimbal. Just keep in mind that it should last you a solid 3-4 years before the batteries start to wear out.
2020-11-3
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

Hello there, thank you for your interest on the RSC2. We are sorry to say that the battery of the RSC2 is built-in design which cannot be take out. Its max battery life is 14 hours which meets the most shooting scenarios. RSC 2 is compatible with the PD and QC 2.0 charging protocols. It is recommended to use 18W chargers with these protocols for optimal charging.

Thanks.
2020-11-3
Use props
George Glou
lvl.1

Greece

DJI Wanda Posted at 11-3 03:12
Hello there, thank you for your interest on the RSC2. We are sorry to say that the battery of the RSC2 is built-in design which cannot be take out. Its max battery life is 14 hours which meets the most shooting scenarios. RSC 2 is compatible with the PD and QC 2.0 charging protocols. It is recommended to use 18W chargers with these protocols for optimal charging.

Thanks.

This is unfortunate because its like it has an expire date.
Thank both of you for your replies
George
2020-11-4
Use props
fans6abde8a6
New

Portugal

How to maximize battery life? Should i always discharge completely before charging?
2021-2-6
Use props
djiuser_Ufxl7C2VlTKr
New

Canada

I had purchased a Ronin SC2. My battery is at about 95% and I was just going to top it off just before a gig here, but after trying several different USB-C cables and outlets, the charging screen does not come on like before. Does the battery need to fall below a certain level before charging it or are we looking at a repair request?
2021-4-12
Use props
djiuser_mtng8I4LXjIC
New

United Kingdom

I am very disappointed to find out that the battery is not user replaceable. The logic requiring an expensive product to be discarded after 4 years due to its battery dying is deeply flawed.

I had just ordered the RSC 2 and looking for spare parts, a spare battery being first. I now plan to let the courier return the product back to the retailer for full refund.

I'll wait till a more reliable product comes out to market.
2021-9-4
Use props
7thTreeImages
lvl.1

United States

djiuser_Ufxl7C2VlTKr Posted at 4-12 11:10
I had purchased a Ronin SC2. My battery is at about 95% and I was just going to top it off just before a gig here, but after trying several different USB-C cables and outlets, the charging screen does not come on like before. Does the battery need to fall below a certain level before charging it or are we looking at a repair request?

I’m having this now. Won’t go above 97%. I see the lightning bolt next to the battery level when I initially turn it on, then it goes away. I power it off and plug it in and nothing is on the screen.
2021-9-17
Use props
RREALITYREALITY
New

Australia

I used my new Ronin Sc2 on a recent island holiday. Died after 2 days shooting due to limited power access. No problems I said.... next time we will bring a spare grip or battery!!!!
But NO I find out now that I am going to be throwing this thing away after a few years. I NOW REGRET MY PURCHASE!!!
2021-10-28
Use props
djiuser_1ufAbU37VMeF
New

Spain

After weeks of looking for a gimbal to buy, and having it pretty clear that the RCS2 was my best option, I had to return it because of the great idea of not being able to replace the battery yourself in an easy and economical way. In a device like this that costs a lot of money, it is very painful to give it for dead without going through its repair center, which we do not have any information of the costs, which for sure are not cheap at all. It is not a broken product, you understand? It's just a dead battery. As far as I'm concerned you can thank the engineers, or rather the decision making department, for being so cool. Thanks for wasting my time. The RCS2 was really the best gimbal of all, but unfortunately I had to choose the Moza Aircross 2, which has the best battery system. Congratulations guys for such an unfortunate decision. The best thing you could do is to provide the batteries in the stores and a manual to change them by yourself. But I know that's not going to happen. So congratulations. I am very happy with my new and durable Moza Aircross 2.
2021-11-18
Use props
froggybear
New

Japan

That's a good question. Battery life cycles should be taken into consideration.
2021-11-19
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules