Balancing P3 props
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
sns
lvl.2

Ukraine

Hi there,

I'm quite new to rc and my first quadro is P3, but have heard regarding props balancing (some old experience in rc with my kinds).
Seen thread about cracks on P3/P2 arms and had side thought that another reason for that is the vibration that depends much on balanced props.
Seen mentionings on internet that DJI props come balanced and roughly checked prop from my P3 - it is WAY unbalanced.

Anyone has balanced their P3 props and how do they rate in regards good/average/not balanced right out of box?
What real outcome might be from properly balancing props and might that be one of the causes for cracks on arms?

ps. will make balancing rod tomorrow (found 6mm aluminium rod and 6/1 threading tool) and balance all props to some reasonable degree.
2015-6-26
Use props
Phantom Help
First Officer
Flight distance : 228255 ft
  • >>>
United States

The benefit is a smoother and more efficient flight.

I balanced mine with the Speedy TM prop balancer. About half of the props were a little bit off balance right out of the box. I corrected those issues by placing small strips of clear Scotch tape on the underside of the light end of the props. The Speedy TM prop balancer is a good choice since it comes with the balancer and rod. But, there are some other options here:

http://www.PhantomHelp.com/#PropsP3

Here's a good video on balancing props:

www.PhantomHelp.com
Find the latest must-haves, fixes, mods, how-tos, guides, and accessories for your Phantom.
Phantoms in stock and ready to ship worldwide! (see availability)
2015-6-26
Use props
Cacc
lvl.3

Canada

A question I thought of today while flying...

I balance my props by sanding very slightly until it is balanced perfectly. So one side of the prop is perfectly balanced to the other side of the prop. BUT, this prop is now not exactly the same as the other props on the other three sides of the quad. So while the prop is now spinning in perfect balance it is technically not balanced with the other props. So are one or three motors now trying to compensate for a prop that is slightly different than the rest?
2015-6-26
Use props
sns
lvl.2

Ukraine

Just checked and balanced all props. Out of 8 1 - very unbalanced, 3-4 - quite balanced, the rest - somewhat very small balancing required. Regarding sanding - usually it is enough to sand off signs on the wings. 100% of cases - the wing with "DJI" sign was heavier.
2015-6-27
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules