1255 11 2020-11-4
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
K9JDN
Second Officer
Flight distance : 893819 ft
  • >>>
United States

In the M2 FAQ it states I can use the MA2 Remote Controller with the M2 by "linking" it to the aircraft.  Does anyone know if this is only a one-time "link" that is necessary to be able to use the MA2 Remote Controller with either aircraft all the time?  I want to carry just one Remoter Controller and fly with my MA2 or my M2 without having to "link" each time.

2020-11-4
Use props
GaryDoug
First Officer
Flight distance : 1264639 ft
  • >>>
United States

If it is anything like the first Mini, you will have to re-link each time. It only takes about 20 seconds. I sometimes use the same controller with either of my Minis and have to re-link each time I switch.
2020-11-4
Use props
Suren
Captain
Flight distance : 13425892 ft
  • >>>
New Zealand

I am sure you will have to link to each drone every time you decide to fly
2020-11-4
Use props
ABeardedItalian
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1063107 ft
United States

I'm not sure if it's possible, but remember the MA2 controller has only 1 battery so be mindful when flying with a dead phone as it will consume more remote power.
2020-11-4
Use props
A J
Captain
Flight distance : 13926112 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

ABeardedItalian Posted at 11-4 23:06
I'm not sure if it's possible, but remember the MA2 controller has only 1 battery so be mindful when flying with a dead phone as it will consume more remote power.

I use my MA2 remote to charge my iPhone XS during every flight and get 9 full battery flights off of one charge. The MA2 RC has the longest battery life of any RC I've used to date. I believe it also has x2 2,600mAh batteries. The previous Mavic RC's had one battery.
2020-11-4
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hello there K9JDN. Thank you for reaching out regarding the inquiry with the DJI Mavic Air 2 remote and the DJI Mini 2. Please be advised that we need to relink the remote to the aircraft in which Mavic model you wish to use. If we use the DJI Mavic Air 2 first then interchange to the DJI Mini 2, we need to relink the remote to the DJI Mini 2 Aircraft. Thank you.
2020-11-5
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

You'll need to go through the relinking process every time.
2020-11-5
Use props
ABeardedItalian
Second Officer
United States

A J Posted at 11-4 23:32
I use my MA2 remote to charge my iPhone XS during every flight and get 9 full battery flights off of one charge. The MA2 RC has the longest battery life of any RC I've used to date. I believe it also has x2 2,600mAh batteries. The previous Mavic RC's had one battery.

Honestly I don't know why that was such a big talking point in all the videos, looking at the mavic air 2 teardown pictures the ma2 controller does in fact have 2 batteries. I don't know if there's a EU/US controller that only has one battery but from what I've seen that's not the case.

It's much needed, my mm1 controller is shot. I have to make sure my phone is 100% before a flight otherwise the charging kills the controller. With a full charge on both, one battery of flight the controller is already 2 lights + one blinking, if I fly a second battery I will get a critical low battery warning and have to return because the remote is dead before a second full flight. I remember being able to fly all 3 batteries on a single charge, I've looked into replacing the battery but that's a last resort for me.
2020-11-5
Use props
A J
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

ABeardedItalian Posted at 11-5 04:43
Honestly I don't know why that was such a big talking point in all the videos, looking at the mavic air 2 teardown pictures the ma2 controller does in fact have 2 batteries. I don't know if there's a EU/US controller that only has one battery but from what I've seen that's not the case.

It's much needed, my mm1 controller is shot. I have to make sure my phone is 100% before a flight otherwise the charging kills the controller. With a full charge on both, one battery of flight the controller is already 2 lights + one blinking, if I fly a second battery I will get a critical low battery warning and have to return because the remote is dead before a second full flight. I remember being able to fly all 3 batteries on a single charge, I've looked into replacing the battery but that's a last resort for me.

Yeah, one battery behind each grip. The Mini 2 RC is basically identical except it has the pause icon on the RTH button, green rather than white LED's (which should be easier to see in direct sunlight) and states cine-smooth rather than tripod.

The RC on the MA2, whilst bigger, is a huge upgrade over the other remotes and very underrated - it makes flying the drone so much enjoyable.
2020-11-5
Use props
ABeardedItalian
Second Officer
United States

A J Posted at 11-5 05:18
Yeah, one battery behind each grip. The Mini 2 RC is basically identical except it has the pause icon on the RTH button, green rather than white LED's (which should be easier to see in direct sunlight) and states cine-smooth rather than tripod.

The RC on the MA2, whilst bigger, is a huge upgrade over the other remotes and very underrated - it makes flying the drone so much enjoyable.

The whole no antenna thing is a another thing, don't have to worry about snapping one off. Mine are also loose from the yagi's extra weight, they don't like to stay in position anymore.
2020-11-5
Use props
A J
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

ABeardedItalian Posted at 11-5 05:31
The whole no antenna thing is a another thing, don't have to worry about snapping one off. Mine are also loose from the yagi's extra weight, they don't like to stay in position anymore.

And the phone on top in it's case helps too + the cable is tucked away nicely when not in use. It also has a cool ergonomic feel to it and nicely spaced out. I'd get the Mini 2 over the MM if only for the RC TBH.
2020-11-5
Use props
JohnLietzke
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3125968 ft
United States

A firmware update was pushed to day for the Mavic Air 2 remote control that makes it compatible with the Mini 2.
2020-11-5
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules