Pilot App Crashed/Re-Started
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DaGunn
lvl.4
Flight distance : 203117 ft
United States

I was testing some gel ND filters late this afternoon on my P3A with latest firmware.  Nvidea Shield with latest android version of Pilot.  I had run through my 1st batt and installed my spare batt without resetting pilot app or controller.  Took off to my max altitude limit of approx. 387 ft.  and was just hovering and looking around.  Pilot app crashed and within seconds automatically reloaded itself, faster than I could have done manually because I was frozen like a deer in headlights.  My bird was still hovering though.  Then a Google error pops up, google talk stopped unexpectedly or something like that.  Damn, if that is the Talkback app, I had already frozen that app because I was getting that error before.  The controller displayed the green led but, the pilot app was not displaying any telemetry information, battery status, nothing about the bird.  Nothing on gmaps window.  If my bird wasn't hovering above me, I would not have known its location to manually return it.  I still had control though and landed safely.  I wonder what caused the app to crash, reload, yet not reconnect to the bird for nav. data?  Any theories?
Thank you in advance for your insight.
Dave

2015-6-26
Use props
SectorDrone
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1114649 ft
  • >>>
Hong Kong

Check your available ram... Clearing video cache?
2015-6-27
Use props
DaGunn
lvl.4
Flight distance : 203117 ft
United States

SectorDrone Posted at 2015-6-27 16:26
Check your available ram... Clearing video cache?

Need to identify which of the Nvidia services that are running, that I can remove.  Not a gamer here, bought this tab specifically for running the Pilot app.  Thank you for your input.
2015-6-29
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules