3158 35 2020-11-6
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
MG80
lvl.2
Flight distance : 20877146 ft
Australia

Hi there

Is anyone else having issues with the MA2 since the November 2020 firmware and Fly app updates?

My MA2 is loosing connectivity with the remote and not getting it back, so the drone is forced to return to home and land all by itself.
2020-11-6
Use props
lvl.1
Flight distance : 144662 ft
United Kingdom

Hi your not on your own with this issue going by what I’ve seen on fb groups there are quite a few of us. But unfortunately no word from DJI as of yet to when they will fix this issue
2020-11-6
Use props
A J
Captain
Flight distance : 13926112 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Make sure your phone is also on the latest iOS FW (14.2) or Android equivalent. The DJI FW is only for the RC so I refreshed it using Assistant 2 for Mavic and calibrated the RC afterward. I'm not losing signal at all with my MA2.
2020-11-6
Use props
MG80
lvl.2
Australia

@Mavic.air2 Posted at 11-6 04:37
Hi your not on your own with this issue going by what I’ve seen on fb groups there are quite a few of us. But unfortunately no word from DJI as of yet to when they will fix this issue

DJI is always late to the party.

I'm guessing the problem is entirely down to the firmware updates.

A fix ASAP would be good.
2020-11-6
Use props
MG80
lvl.2
Australia

@Mavic.air2 Posted at 11-6 04:37

Thanks for this tip. I've rebooted everything. I've uninstalled and reinstalled the app. I've calibrated the remote. Still the problem persists
2020-11-6
Use props
Ale_plax_ita
lvl.1

Italy

hi guys

i have the same issues

i've downgraded the firmware to 01.00.0250 ... i've tried but after 50 m i lost the signal and the drone go back to home

i have 02.00.1100 version on RC

i hope they fix ASAP
2020-11-6
Use props
Ale_plax_ita
lvl.1

Italy

actually i've downgraded RC version to 01.00.0340 ..i'lltry

i'll let you know
2020-11-6
Use props
lvl.1
United Kingdom

A J Posted at 11-6 04:43
Make sure your phone is also on the latest iOS FW (14.2) or Android equivalent. The DJI FW is only for the RC so I refreshed it using Assistant 2 for Mavic and calibrated the RC afterward. I'm not losing signal at all with my MA2.

I’ve just updated my phone yo iOS 14.2 and now it’s even worse the drone loses signal after less than 12ft
2020-11-6
Use props
A J
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

@Mavic.air2 Posted at 11-6 07:03
I’ve just updated my phone yo iOS 14.2 and now it’s even worse the drone loses signal after less than 12ft

No idea what is causing that - may be the FW you downloaded is somehow corrupt - try refreshing it using DJI assistant 2 for Mavic On your computer
2020-11-6
Use props
lvl.1
United Kingdom

A J Posted at 11-6 07:42
No idea what is causing that - may be the FW you downloaded is somehow corrupt - try refreshing it using DJI assistant 2 for Mavic On your computer

Others have tried to downgrade and it still the same issues there are a lot of people on the groups asking the same questions but no reply from DJI is not very helpful to us
2020-11-6
Use props
A J
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

@Mavic.air2 Posted at 11-6 08:06
Others have tried to downgrade and it still the same issues there are a lot of people on the groups asking the same questions but no reply from DJI is not very helpful to us

Hopefully a mod will chime in soon
2020-11-6
Use props
JohnLietzke
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3125968 ft
United States

Try reinstalling your firmware with the DJI Assistant 2 which can be downloaded from here https://www.dji.com/downloads/softwares/assistant-dji-2-for-mavic. There is a way to reinstall it and I would do so on both the drone and the remote.
2020-11-6
Use props
lvl.1
United Kingdom

I followed this link and it worked perfectly https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nx-r6vEXPgo
2020-11-6
Use props
djiuser_3uVVENncfHNm
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1248406 ft
United States

I've downgraded the remote and my Mavic air2 both and am having issues with no video feed still. The update has broken something. I've contacted support and they want me to ship it in for service...... It's clear that the update has broken something
2020-11-6
Use props
bobbradford.bbgmail.com
lvl.2
Flight distance : 497749 ft
United States

Yes I’m having the same issue.  I just updated this today and noticed it immediately.  In my case the RTH location was off several feet as well.  Once the signal was lost, it never reconnected.  End result was an uncontrolled landing narrowly missing the gutter on the side of a building.   
2020-11-6
Use props
MG80
lvl.2
Australia

This morning I hooked up the remote to the computer and opened up the DJI Assistant software (I forget which one it is) and noticed that overnight they've released another firmware update. Note, you may have to reboot the program or the remote or both for this to actually appear. Anyway, the new firmware update should have a release date of 6 Nov 2020 and be called V02.00.1101 (note the 01 on the end) and the release notes should mention something about improved signal interference on the bottom).

For good measure I also refreshed the drone's firmware too (latest version) and the Fly app is up to date anyway.

After this I took the MA2 for a test flight. Note, I'm on the CE band and operating in a suburban to semi rural area. I started getting signal warnings about from about 1,500m away but kept pushing forward and the bars would go from orange to red and back to almost full white. A few times the screen went black and white but came back within a second or two...cont'd
2020-11-6
Use props
MG80
lvl.2
Australia

...cont'd...At over 2km away, I brought the MA2 to a complete halt and it kept the signal and could still be manoeuvred in different directions relatively easily. I pushed on and at about the 2,500m mark decided to do a full 180 and head for home manually rather than hit the auto RTH button. The signal never cut out during this turn and it maintained my control inputs from the remote fairly well. Comming back I did a bit of a right and took the MA2 over a built up area before bringing her back to base and the image quality of the feed only got better.

My next test was to send the MA2 in to where the firmware issue was first encountered yesterday and I never had an issue this time. Indeed I was able to push on much further.

Finally, at much closer quarters and with the MA2 well within sight, I deliberately turned off the remote to see what would happen. The drone ascended to its set RTH altitude and of its own accord came back to base for landing...cont'd...
2020-11-6
Use props
MG80
lvl.2
Australia

...con't...I tried this last test a second time and again it initiated an auto RTH. I was also able to turn off the remote and then switch it back on again and each time the connection was restored and my screen came back to life. I'd have liked to experiment a bit more, however, I ran out of battery and had to land.

Whilst I never completely lost the connection for long enough to have RTH initiated automatically, I imagine that had this have happened the connection would have soon been restored flying back and the screen kick back into life. I'd be interested hear other folks experiences with this regard.

Please note that all of this was done under rather controlled conditions with RTH heights and the wider environs I was operating in all taken into account. Safety and living to fly (the same drone) again another day are always my top priorities.
2020-11-6
Use props
Udo13
Second Officer
Flight distance : 257188 ft
Germany

MG80 Posted at 11-6 23:33
...con't...I tried this last test a second time and again it initiated an auto RTH. I was also able to turn off the remote and then switch it back on again and each time the connection was restored and my screen came back to life. I'd have liked to experiment a bit more, however, I ran out of battery and had to land.

Whilst I never completely lost the connection for long enough to have RTH initiated automatically, I imagine that had this have happened the connection would have soon been restored flying back and the screen kick back into life. I'd be interested hear other folks experiences with this regard.

Hey 3x within 30 minutes???
2020-11-7
Use props
Udo13
Second Officer
Flight distance : 257188 ft
Germany

MG80 Posted at 11-6 23:33
...con't...I tried this last test a second time and again it initiated an auto RTH. I was also able to turn off the remote and then switch it back on again and each time the connection was restored and my screen came back to life. I'd have liked to experiment a bit more, however, I ran out of battery and had to land.

Hey 3x within 30 minutes??? Oh yes I understand.

Thanks vor The detailed review,

Now I have done it with DJI Assistant 2
Mavic Air 2 to FW V01.00.0340
Controller ton FW 02.00.1101

Mavic Air 2 connect to the controller.
There is a new FW Update.

But I better not install it.

Or have the errors that occurred (connection interruptions, etc.) been corrected with the controller firmware update to V02.00.1101?
2020-11-7
Use props
$gambino$
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1563980 ft
United States

To the guy above me no you definitely should install it because I'm having the same issues it is definitely because of the first firmware update for the remote because I have a flown in about two weeks I had powered on my drone 2 days ago it said I had a firmware update for the remote I did it and what do you know I lost signal this happened two separate times I might add but anyway I lost signal and did not get it back until I saw the drone coming to land thank God Ipicked a nice spot to take off from because this could have ended barely to me this is a serious bug so I think I'm going to download this new update and install it
2020-11-7
Use props
Skywolf III
lvl.2
Flight distance : 497749 ft
United States

Version 1101 corrected the RC connectivity issues I was having.  Flying on controller version 1100 is risky and you could end up losing or crashing your MA2 depending on your settings..
2020-11-8
Use props
pagi_pl
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1414160 ft
Poland

Skywolf III Posted at 11-8 04:52
Version 1101 corrected the RC connectivity issues I was having.  Flying on controller version 1100 is risky and you could end up losing or crashing your MA2 depending on your settings..

So They fixed already all problems regarding connection?
Its safe to fly now with 1101 and newest DJI FLY ?
2020-11-8
Use props
MG80
lvl.2
Australia

I'm surprised they released a firmware update without seemingly testing it and putting it through its paces first. Maybe they wanted people crashing their MA2's and replacing them with a new Mini 2? So many strange things going on in the world these days, I don't rule it out (I am joking by the way).

I did some more flying over the weekend with the corrected firmware and never had an issue. Each time I lost signal completely it came back on once the connection was re-established and in a number of instances I'd get the warning about signal interference and loose the picture for a second or two and then it would come back up and keep on going.
2020-11-8
Use props
JM.REYES
lvl.4
Flight distance : 84423 ft
Spain

It catches my attention and surprises me that for this topic DJI has not yet been pronounced, and for other things that are lighter or without so much importance, always answer quickly and in an almost robotic way ... DJI clarifies the doubts to your clients, do not be in the shade.
2020-11-9
Use props
MG80
lvl.2
Australia

I guess all this goes to emphasize just important it is to always do a thorough pre-flight check before every launch off. I always assume the possibility of completely loosing RC connection, however slim that chance might be. Flight path and obstacle height clearences are always taken into account and I always check and set the RTH altitude with a big margin of error. Battery level, winds and weather conditions are also always factored into my auto RTH equation. I've lost connection for all sorts of reasons and had some tense long minutes waiting to hear the hum of my bird returning home. By following this rules, future flights have always ensured.
2020-11-9
Use props
wildlifemoments
lvl.2
Flight distance : 927277 ft
United States

With the new app 1.2.0, android, and the RC 1100 I had a crash...now I have downgraded to the RC 0340, and the dji fly to the 1.1.10, with them it has always flown well, I'm not trust of this new updates, rc 1101 and the app 1.2
2020-11-10
Use props
spetersen
lvl.4
Flight distance : 501952 ft
  • >>>
Thailand

MG80 Posted at 11-6 05:00
Thanks for this tip. I've rebooted everything. I've uninstalled and reinstalled the app. I've calibrated the remote. Still the problem persists

Check this out, this maybe this will help some of the users (iOS) and Mavic Air 2

1. https://www.dji.com/downloads/djiapp/dji-fly

2. Click the blue text on this page (Downgrade)

3. https://service-adhoc.dji.com/do ... 1-9ba3-9680fe4fc7e5

4. Remove the fly app on the Iphone (I’m using a 6S Plus and latest version of iOS

5. Manually install and trust an enterprise app
Tap Settings > General > Profiles or Profiles & Device Management. Under the "Enterprise App" heading, you see a profile for the developer. Tap the name of the developer profile under the Enterprise App heading to establish trust for this developer. Install 1.1.10 Fly App.

Downgrade RC FW and Aircraft FW and roll back the to the previous version prior to DJI latest update with DJI Assistance 2

When you start up everything you might need to Pair the remote with your MA2

This worked for me with no issues…
2020-11-10
Use props
MG80
lvl.2
Australia

The app is fine, it was the RC firmware update that was released on 04/11/2020 that was causing the issue. DJI subsequently updated the RC firmware again on 06/11/2020 and I haven't had a problem since. DON'T downgrade, instead upgrade to the latest RC firmware which is called V02.00.1101 - note this ends in "01", NOT "00".
2020-11-10
Use props
JohnLietzke
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3125968 ft
United States

There are two things that have been problematic with the Mavic Air 2.  

DJI Fly app version 1.2.0 - the update caused video connectivity to become unstable, lag and freeze.  In addition the stick commands were not accurate and caused the Mavic Air 2 to respond errantly to the commands.  - Fix: As per DJI Support delete the DJI Fly app and reinstall it.  This resolved the problem for me.

Remote Control firmware -
11/5 update - added support for Mini 2
11/7 update fixed problems with the firmware released on 11/5
2020-11-10
Use props
djiuser_Nk1boZjIceKo
lvl.1
Flight distance : 17267 ft
United Kingdom

Ok so done new update on both controller and firmware on drone with no black screen showing and no install problems.
Done through wi fi.

Process i used, downloaded new updates to phone/ipad first, then installed new update to app only to the point where it said now connect to aircraft.
All items fully charge up. Running latest IOS and dji app from the app store to replace the old one.Used return to home after updating the compass  and IMU settings.

2020-11-11
Use props
MG80
lvl.2
Australia

djiuser_Nk1boZjIceKo Posted at 11-11 05:30
[view_image][view_image][view_image]

That's the correct RC firmware in your jpeg. I'd also make sure your aircraft firmware and the Fly app, etc is up to date too. Happy flying!
2020-11-11
Use props
djiuser_Nk1boZjIceKo
lvl.1
Flight distance : 17267 ft
United Kingdom

djiuser_Nk1boZjIceKo Posted at 11-11 05:30
Ok so done new update on both controller and firmware on drone with no black screen showing and no install problems.
Done through wi fi. Needed to change images due to ops id showing sorry.

2020-11-11
Use props
Balus
New
Papua New Guinea

Hi there, I just updated and having the same problem. On the remote it's saying, System Warning, Check App and on the drone Main Controller Data Error.
2020-11-16
Use props
Swatchman
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1092280 ft
United States

@Balus  In the google App Store you find a new version 1.2.1 that has just been released. I have not had the guts yet to upload since I don’t trust DJI’s quality control very much. With update 1.2.0 a lot of people experienced wide ranging problems including myself so I downgraded back to 1.1.0 and all is well. In case you update to the latest version please let me know if it works for you. I fly MA2 not mini 2, thanks.
2020-11-16
Use props
mhart1274
lvl.1

United States

I was having issues with my Mavic Air 2 showing an in an out picture or no picture at all on my Samsung Note 11 Plus. This started after a period of non use and an update of my firmware and Fly safe Database.  My attempts to repair it (eventual success) went as follows..

1.  I tried cleaning the male contacts on the short (6.3) inch cord and connection female ports on the phone and the controller.  No luck.
2.  I used DJI Assistant 2 (Consumer Drone Series) on my PC and reloaded Firmware Update to version 01.00.0460 and reloaded RC Firmware to 02.00.1101 (Both were the versions I had previously installed. Still had issue.
3.  I deleted and reloaded the DJI Fly app from the Google Play Store (Version 1.2.1) and upon restarting the app, updated the FlySafe Database to version 01.00.01.19

This worked and I was back up and flying with no issues !!   I hope this helps !!
2020-12-24
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules