1990 13 2020-11-6
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Jag M.
lvl.2
Flight distance : 931549 ft
Poland

Hi all,

I have just unboxed Mini 2 and found the problem. RC connects with drone - ok, DJI Fly is up to date - ok, I follow all steps to connect phone, select drone type and try to see camera image. But l DJI Fly reports that it can't connect to RC. I tried with two different phones (and cables as well) - Samsung S10 (usb-c) and Samsung S7 (micro usb). I tried to restart phones. Nothing works. I read that a few people had similiar problems with Air2 controller. Anyone having the same issue and a way to fix it?

2020-11-6
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hello Jag, my apologies to know that your Mini 2 RC is having hard time connecting to a mobile device and thank you for reaching us out. I appreciate the troubleshooting you have done on your end. Have you tried to use a different cable to connect the RC. If the issue persist, please send the remote controller back to DJI for testing. We will provide comprehensive after-sales services to you. You can send an email to our DJI Support under this link and select "Email" https://www.dji.com/support?site=brandsite&from=nav. Thank you for your understanding and support.
2020-11-6
Use props
sare77
lvl.1
Flight distance : 303140 ft
Germany

Hello,

unfortunatly have the same problems as Jag, the controller won't connect to iPhone X or Motorola G7 with Android 10. Tried restarting the phones, uninstalling the app and different cables, nothing works.
However I could upgrade the firmware using the DJI Assistant 2 for Mavic, but it did not make any difference.
Really frustrating...
2020-11-6
Use props
JohnLietzke
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3125968 ft
United States

It sounds like the two of you could have faulty USB-C ports on the controller.  Try using the plugging the USC-C port by the antenna into a computer and see what happens.  That might at least give you an idea if the port itself is defective.
2020-11-6
Use props
djiuser_jlXvtbqzCyHi
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4725190 ft
Spain

I remember some user with similar problems....
They had success with just turning the USB-c cable 180°......sounds stupid but maybe give it a try...... best luck
2020-11-6
Use props
sare77
lvl.1
Germany

JohnLietzke Posted at 11-6 13:22
It sounds like the two of you could have faulty USB-C ports on the controller.  Try using the plugging the USC-C port by the antenna into a computer and see what happens.  That might at least give you an idea if the port itself is defective.

I am afraid that's the case, when I plug the top port (RC link) to a computer nothing happens.
The bottom port is recognized as the remote, everything fine there.
2020-11-6
Use props
sare77
lvl.1
Germany

djiuser_jlXvtbqzCyHi Posted at 11-6 14:35
I remember some user with similar problems....
They had success with just turning the USB-c cable 180°......sounds stupid but maybe give it a try...... best luck

I was actually desperate enough to try that, but no luck
2020-11-6
Use props
JohnLietzke
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3125968 ft
United States

Typically on a computer depending on the Operating System you may be able to see if a current is passing through or the port is registering a connection.  

This link might be helpful https://support.novationmusic.com/hc/en-gb/articles/207377915-How-to-check-which-USB-devices-are-connected-to-specific-hubs-buses-on-your-system-
2020-11-6
Use props
Jag M.
lvl.2
Poland

I checked in the store where I bought it and it has been confirmed that RC usb-c port was the source of the problem. I was given different RC as replacement and it works fine.

Thanks for your help on the forum and thanks for the help at local dji store in Poland: gohero.pl
2020-11-7
Use props
agd1949
lvl.2
Flight distance : 14180 ft
United Kingdom

DJI Paladin Posted at 11-6 11:20
Hello Jag, my apologies to know that your Mini 2 RC is having hard time connecting to a mobile device and thank you for reaching us out. I appreciate the troubleshooting you have done on your end. Have you tried to use a different cable to connect the RC. If the issue persist, please send the remote controller back to DJI for testing. We will provide comprehensive after-sales services to you. You can send an email to our DJI Support under this link and select "Email" https://www.dji.com/support?site=brandsite&from=nav. Thank you for your understanding and support.

I am having the same problem.  Straight out of the box.  First DJI product.  !!!!!!!!!
2020-11-8
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

agd1949 Posted at 11-8 12:26
I am having the same problem.  Straight out of the box.  First DJI product.  !!!!!!!!!

Hi agd1949, my apologies this has caused and thank you for reaching us out. Have you tried to check and use a different mobile device and see if it is the same issue. Kindly check as well if you have a spare data cable that you can try to use to isolate the issue. If the issue persist, please send the remote controller back to DJI for testing. You can refer to this link to contact our DJI support. Proper resolution will be provided. https://www.dji.com/support?site=brandsite&from=nav
Thank you for understanding and support.
2020-11-10
Use props
agd1949
lvl.2
Flight distance : 14180 ft
United Kingdom

DJI Paladin Posted at 11-10 13:52
Hi agd1949, my apologies this has caused and thank you for reaching us out. Have you tried to check and use a different mobile device and see if it is the same issue. Kindly check as well if you have a spare data cable that you can try to use to isolate the issue. If the issue persist, please send the remote controller back to DJI for testing. You can refer to this link to contact our DJI support. Proper resolution will be provided. https://www.dji.com/support?site=brandsite&from=nav
Thank you for understanding and support.

Fixed.  Turned out to be faulty remote controller.  Changed by dealer
2020-11-10
Use props
djiuser_EKuDtwki99N2
New

Malaysia

Hi my RC cant connect with my Samsung s10 plus. just unbox it and it stuck at the remote page and cant fly my drone. please help. tq
2020-11-21
Use props
Jag M.
lvl.2
Poland

djiuser_EKuDtwki99N2 Posted at 11-21 06:50
Hi my RC cant connect with my Samsung s10 plus. just unbox it and it stuck at the remote page and cant fly my drone. please help. tq
The only fix for that is to change the broken RC at your dealer as far as I know.
Hope there won't be any problem with that.
2020-11-21
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules