Switch tripod mount and Do it All handle
2233 6 2020-11-6
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
KennyBroh
lvl.1

United States

Has anyone else had trouble removing the handles to switch between the tripod mount handle and the Do it All?  I had a very hard time getting the standard bottom cover off and now I can't get the tripod cover off to install the Do It All handle.

I also had a very difficult time getting the SD card to engage and stay in the camera....

Am I the only one having this difficulty?
2020-11-6
Use props
fansfe82067d
First Officer
  • >>>
Australia

No, someone made a video about it!  I think they made it hard to remove to ensure that the camera doesn't fall off the tripod - or very long stick when doing crane shots.  The person who made the video suggested kind of bending the cover backwards while pulling it off, but I'm not sure that's a good idea.  They also used something like a towel to grip it with.  Personally I would suggest using a small piece of that rubber mesh stuff that is sold for lining drawers or trays to stop things sliding around.  That will improve your grip on it, and it's easy to store in your bag or pocket.  I'd also recommend trying to avoid giving the Pocket 2 too much of a jolt when pulling off the cap as that's perhaps not good for the delicate gimbal mechanism.  As for the SD card, I guess using your fingernail is the way to go, like with most such devices.
2020-11-6
Use props
fansfe82067d
First Officer
  • >>>
Australia

2020-11-6
Use props
KennyBroh
lvl.1

United States

Thanks.  At least I know I'm not the only person who has experienced this!
2020-11-6
Use props
Iancraig10
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

KennyBroh Posted at 11-6 22:10
Thanks.  At least I know I'm not the only person who has experienced this!

To get mine off, I screwed a mini tripod to it and pulled. A locking mechanism might have been better.
2020-11-7
Use props
KennyBroh
lvl.1

United States

Good idea.  I just worked it back and forth an kept pulling.  Finally it came loose.   Man, there must be a better design than that.
2020-11-7
Use props
Loxford
lvl.1
United Kingdom

If you attach a tripod it makes removal easy. You have grip and leverage.
2021-3-20
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules