I have 1.2.0 app version (Android) not able to customise Function button
1118 15 2020-11-8
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
TDZHDTV
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2068550 ft
United Kingdom

Hey, I don't have the option too customise the button, both single and double tap re centre the gimbal only, also I've seen onYT an option not to charge the phone but this is also missing, anybody got a solution?
2020-11-8
Use props
lvl.3
Flight distance : 587736 ft
Poland

I have the same issue.
2020-11-8
Use props
videoeditman
Second Officer
Flight distance : 6713271 ft
United States

I was also wondering where these settings are also, any insights?
Here are my theory's on this.
The Function button switch video might have been original installed firmware, since I have done 2 firmware updates already.
The phone charge On/Off might be for Only iPhones, as I have an Android?
2020-11-8
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hello there TDZHDTV. Thank you for reaching out regarding the inquiry on the DJI Mini 2. For us to be able to assist you further, may I know what kind of mobile device you are using, can you please provide us a screenshot of the concern as well? In addition, please be advised that for Android users, the DJI Mini 2 remote charges the mobile device once it is connected by default, which cannot be disabled in DJI Fly. It is related to the android system and hardware. Thank you.
2020-11-9
Use props
lvl.3
Poland

I dont have second option, only gimbal center:

Android 10, Samsung S10, polish language, DJI Fly 1.2.0
2020-11-9
Use props
TDZHDTV
Second Officer
United Kingdom

DJI Gamora Posted at 11-9 04:47
Hello there TDZHDTV. Thank you for reaching out regarding the inquiry on the DJI Mini 2. For us to be able to assist you further, may I know what kind of mobile device you are using, can you please provide us a screenshot of the concern as well? In addition, please be advised that for Android users, the DJI Mini 2 remote charges the mobile device once it is connected by default, which cannot be disabled in DJI Fly. It is related to the android system and hardware. Thank you.

Hi, I’m seeing the same screen as below (but in English) Samsung Galaxy A20e.  Many thanks
2020-11-9
Use props
SublimeQuad
lvl.3
Flight distance : 30348 ft
United States

Must be an Android bug, my iPhone 11 has 2 options  - the same 2 for each drop down.
2020-11-9
Use props
SublimeQuad
lvl.3
Flight distance : 30348 ft
United States

'And I do also have the option not to charge the iPhone.
2020-11-9
Use props
videoeditman
Second Officer
United States

Not a bug but design IE - Gamora said "It is related to the android system and hardware." So iPhones have the option not to charge via the function key because of Apples design.
2020-11-9
Use props
djiuser_ePgruPdNNSyO
lvl.2
Flight distance : 348547 ft
United Kingdom

videoeditman Posted at 11-9 19:06
Not a bug but design IE - Gamora said "It is related to the android system and hardware." So iPhones have the option not to charge via the function key because of Apples design.

Yes, but there should be other options available which aren't showing.
2020-11-10
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

TDZHDTV Posted at 11-9 12:39
Hi, I’m seeing the same screen as below (but in English) Samsung Galaxy A20e.  Many thanks

Hi there, TDZHDTV and thank you for the screenshots 1080. For us to isolate and check, were you able to re-install the DJI Fly app on your mobile device? Please be advised that before we undergo the process, kindly back up your important shots or files saved on the DJI Fly app and sync the flight records. Thank you.
2020-11-14
Use props
lvl.3
Poland

I removed the DJI Fly completely, installed again, but still only have the recenter gimbal option.
2020-11-14
Use props
TDZHDTV
Second Officer
United Kingdom

I’ve also re-installed the Android app and I remain with the duplicate two options with no map option.  There is a problem with the Android app
2020-11-14
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

TDZHDTV Posted at 11-14 09:36
I’ve also re-installed the Android app and I remain with the duplicate two options with no map option.  There is a problem with the Android app

Hi TDZHDTV thank you for your reply and additional information. Can you please try using a different recommended mobile device to see if the issue will still persist? Upon checking the said mobile device (Samsung Galaxy A20e) that you are trying to use on your DJI Mini 2 and with the DJI Fly application, I am sorry to say that the said mobile device is not recommended for the said drone and with the said application. We would suggest using a recommended mobile device for the DJI Mini 2 and with the DJI Fly application for compatibility and reliability purposes. There is a possibility that the Samsung Galaxy A20e will be able to work on the DJI DJI Mini 2 and with the DJI Fly application, but since it's not yet optimized with the said drone and with the said application we cannot guarantee if it will work all the time and if it will be able to run all the functions of the DJI Fly application while using it on the DJI Mini 2. For reference, I will post a link wherein you can check the recommended mobile devices for the DJI Mini 2 ( https://www.dji.com/mini-2/downloads ). Thank you for your understanding and support.
2020-11-19
Use props
Peter Galbavy
lvl.4
Flight distance : 545377 ft
United Kingdom

Same issue. OnePlus 8 Pro running latest OS and DJI Fly 1.2.1 - The button customisation drop-downs are not, they are just one option each. I tried changing the various OS display parameters (resolution, refresh) just in case it was a compatibility problem but no change.
Just to prove a point, as the 8 Pro is not on the official supported list, I have powered up and updated my OnePlus 5 - which is on the supported list - and the behaviour is IDENTICAL. I cannot get a good screenshot as the app steals touches too easily.

2020-11-20
Use props
videoeditman
Second Officer
United States

It doesn't matter if your device is on the compatible  list or not, All Android devices only have the Re-center Gimbal Option! I hope they will add more options in the future but that is it for now. So no problem with your device as long as everything else is working! It also currently has nothing to do with the version of firmware as there is no newer version that adds functionality to these buttons yet.
2020-11-20
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules