Quick release plate compatibility
1742 3 2020-11-8
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
info
lvl.1

Netherlands

I just bought the Ronin RS2 and I am very pleased with the upgrade.

I use it with my Canon 1DX2.
Because I am also a photographer I have a Really Right Stuff quick release plate combined with a RRS ball head.
Unfortunattely the size of the plate is different then the size of the DJI RS2. Is it the size of the Manfrotto and ArcaSwiss?

What sytem and size are you guys using to quickly change from the RS2 to a ballhead?
2020-11-8
Use props
ogburrigmail.com
lvl.2
  • >>>
Switzerland

a screwdriver!
2020-11-8
Use props
djiuser_A7DTRHFPqQyC
New
United States

Really Right Stuff now offers a plate for the Ronin RS2 that will accept your Arca camera plate directly. I have been searching for this myself and just found it.
The RRS part number:  RS2-CL
2021-4-14
Use props
JPPhoto
New
United States

I just got my Really Right Stuff RS2-CL plate. Here is what I found. Right off the bat it was way too tight to fit on the gimbal. I called RRS and talked to Josh. What was happening was that the clamp on gimbal was set too tight for the plate. The fix is to use a 1.5mm Alan wrench to take off the lever then turn the gear counter clockwise to loosen up the clamp. Once you have it where you want you put the lever back on. It took all of 2 minutes to make the adjustment and now it fits PERFECT! The only other thing to do is carefully move the gear rail from your Ronin plate to the new RRS plate using a glasses fillips screw driver. When doing this you gotta be careful not to strip out the screws as they are very tiny. I am very pleased with the plate, its build quality is top notch and it fits all my dovetail plates that are on the cameras. No more having to mess around with that little "riser" plate that came with the Ronin.

2021-4-16
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules