Horrible images and flickering videos and transmission
1314 20 2020-11-8
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
alvarofff
lvl.1

Samoa

Dear Forum, Phantom 4 pro.

I have spent many days trying to figure this out and I am reaching out to the wider community in desperation.
No crash whatsoever but I did notice transmission signal was getting worse over the past few months.
Now the problem is that video is totally czy and it gets worse the more you go to 4k. So an image is ok (but not really because it has dots of pixels when I zoom in) but as I set to video low res to high res, it goes more and more czy, flickering, lines of noise... unusable.

Screenshot 2020-11-08 at 11.54.03 PM.jpg

I have removed SD card, same problem, I have downgraded and upgraded both remote and aircraft, same problem.
I touched with fingers the ribbon cable as I see the horrible image to see if gets different, same thing.

https://photos.google.com/photo/AF1QipN9F7pjHnOI5nuu84n0-vRsTPYHI6rnMiHy4cvG

Is it the ribbon cable? not sure, the software? maybe... all I remember is that transmission was getting worse and worse (like 800mts to start complains) but I could still record... now not... I sit the drone without propellers and I look at the horrible image, trying to figure out what to do.

Any tips will be most welcome...
THANK YOU so much
Alvaro.

2020-11-8
Use props
JetSam
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 3462946 ft
  • >>>
Spain

maybe a Bad connection of ribbon cable .IMO
2020-11-8
Use props
alvarofff
lvl.1

Samoa

Thank you JetSam...
any chances I can fix it by opening it (follow tutorial) and touching the connections? or most likely got to buy the cable online? I live in a remote island, takes time to receive things here.
2020-11-8
Use props
JetSam
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Spain

This cable is not repaired, better to replace it, it is not an easy task ...
2020-11-9
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hello there alvarofff. Thank you for reaching out and I am sorry to read and to know that you are having an issue with your DJI Phantom 4 pro. For us to be able to assist you further, may I know what mobile device you are using as a screen? I tried to check the link provided, however, it is not available anymore, could you please send another copy of the video or photo on it? thank you.
2020-11-9
Use props
alvarofff
lvl.1

Samoa

Thanks for helping out DJI Gamora,
Here is the link again, now sharing on my google drive:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1LeIRCRJK9iTX2H6DJM4T33iPy4mUj-lT/view?usp=sharing

I used both, my iphone and an android.
With android it was when I finally managed to downgrade the RC and update again...
but both AC and RC were upgraded.
The flickering problem is with both android/iphone... and the SD card is not the problem because I remove it and its the same.
I do remember that the transmission was getting worse and worse, but I didn't crash it and just a month ago I got perfect footage...
Regards,
Alvaro.
2020-11-9
Use props
alvarofff
lvl.1

Samoa

alvarofff Posted at 11-9 02:33
Here is the link again, now sharing on my google drive:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1LeIRCRJK9iTX2H6DJM4T33iPy4mUj-lT/view?usp=sharing

Here is a photo from today's test... all of them had dots all over, specially over the dark areas and only two colours dots... any idea what is the problems? thank you...
2020-11-10
Use props
JetSam
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Spain

Good day Alvaro !!Are you using auto or manual settings  ???  
2020-11-10
Use props
JetSam
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Spain

2020-11-10
Use props
alvarofff
lvl.1

Samoa

Hi JetSam,
I am using autofocus but I have also reset all settings and I still have the problem...
I get either a useless video or at best a photo with lots of dead pixels.
You think is maybe the ribbon or the sensor? software settings again, I did a full reset...
Maybe I can post edit all the pixels that are bad in post?... agggh

2020-11-11
Use props
alvarofff
lvl.1

Samoa

DJI Gamora Posted at 11-9 02:23
Hello there alvarofff. Thank you for reaching out and I am sorry to read and to know that you are having an issue with your DJI Phantom 4 pro. For us to be able to assist you further, may I know what mobile device you are using as a screen? I tried to check the link provided, however, it is not available anymore, could you please send another copy of the video or photo on it? thank you.

Dear DJI Gamora,
Kindly have a look at the problem with my Phantom 4 Pro... I need to take some shoots urgently...
Seems to be the ribbon (or CMOS)?
Maye I can use it and adjust the bad pixels in post?
[img][/img]
2020-11-11
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

alvarofff Posted at 11-9 02:33
Here is the link again, now sharing on my google drive:

Hi alvarofff, thank you for your reply and additional information. I visit the link provided for us to have a better visualization of the original photo but the link is protected, kindly change the settings of the link to Public for us to have a better visualization. Thank you.
2020-11-14
Use props
alvarofff
lvl.1

Samoa

Thank you DJI Gamora and sorry about that,
here try a link from youtube:
Basically the problem gets worse from: simple photo, to panoramics, to bad quality videos all the way to 4K where the problem is Bad, such as the example from the link.

https://youtu.be/32t76PuTZZo

2020-11-15
Use props
JetSam
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Spain

2020-11-15
Use props
JetSam
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Spain

worse yet .....
2020-11-15
Use props
alvarofff
lvl.1

Samoa

jajajajaja... not really, is as bad as it looks...
a photo is not too bad, a panaramic quite bad, a video bad and a 4k video, horrible!
It might be the ribbon cable but waiting for DJI to give me some light here
2020-11-15
Use props
JetSam
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Spain

alvarofff Posted at 11-15 23:08
jajajajaja... not really, is as bad as it looks...
a photo is not too bad, a panaramic quite bad, a video bad and a 4k video, horrible!
It might be the ribbon cable but waiting for DJI to give me some light here

ok pero tu aparato necesita un buen chequeo lol  

yo desarme mi phantom 4 ... al final casi lo quemo jaja , pillé un cable al montar , es complicado , al final lo lleve a reparar a Dji oficial aqui en españa

ahora va genial excepto la camara que no se queda centrada cuando giras el dron, horizon tilts , seguramente la Esc que falla o el motor de giro

2020-11-15
Use props
JetSam
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Spain

en el min 1:12 el horizonte no queda recto al girar el dron ....hay un retardo hasta ponerse recta la camara , pienso que es fallo del acelerometro de ESC o placa , a saber jaja, no me gasto un pavo mas en este dron
2020-11-15
Use props
alvarofff
lvl.1

Samoa

so bad....
2020-11-16
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

alvarofff Posted at 11-15 14:30
Thank you DJI Gamora and sorry about that,
here try a link from youtube:
Basically the problem gets worse from: simple photo, to panoramics, to bad quality videos all the way to 4K where the problem is Bad, such as the example from the link.

Hello there alvarofff, thank you for your reply and I was able to review the original video on the link provided. I'm sorry to say that we will be needing to send it back to our official service center for a proper diagnosis and for us to know what is the root cause of the issue. For us to be able to assist you further with regards to this matter. Kindly contact our DJI Support Team at https://www.dji.com/support  Again, I am sorry for the trouble this has caused, and thank you.
2020-11-16
Use props
alvarofff
lvl.1

Samoa

Thank you DJI Gamora,
Unfortunately I live in a far away isolated island and I can only try to understand the potential issues and fix it by myself.
I guess I will buy a new ribbon cable and follow a youtube video
txs
Alvaro.
2020-11-17
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules