1234Next >
31711 138 2020-11-9
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fansdd190fdf
lvl.2
Flight distance : 858993 ft
United Kingdom

Well cut a long story short part way through flight my app seems to crash and then the camera view on the mavic mini goes black and will not come back on. The drone i know is still 'seeing' as I was recording video and the recorded footage is perfect. The app says aircraft disconnected from controller but i still have control and was able to initiate a return to home via the switch on controller. The phone is the galaxy note 9 running latest firmware and was working fine on my mavic mini 1 prior to my purchase anf the mini 2. App has been updated to latest firmware all 3 batteries transmitter and drone itself are on latest available firmwares. Only way to regain video it to phsycally remove usb c connection to phone force close the app plug back in and lo and behold video reconnects. This appears to be a compatibilty problem with firmware and transmitter. Similar experience with the mavic pro a few years ago when the green screen or black screen problem used to happen and was caused by app problems. Thought I would report this in the hope someone looks at this problem quickly. Have seen at least half a dozen other people having same issue with different phones so going to hazard a guess that that new controller firmware that just rolled out or app are to blame. Luckily drone returned ok and i was able to land it line of site dispite app saying drone was not connected to controller.
2020-11-9
Use props
fans414b1e71
lvl.1
Flight distance : 277930 ft

Hungary

I have the same issue on my Galaxy S9! Black screen at least once at every flight! Not enought that I had to buy a new phone for the Fly App now I have black screens... It is a shame! When will you solve this?
2020-11-30
Use props
fansdd190fdf
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Admin bump
2020-11-30
Use props
videoeditman
lvl.4
Flight distance : 6713271 ft
United States

Try putting the phone in airplane mode and see if this stops the problem.
2020-12-2
Use props
fansdd190fdf
lvl.2
United Kingdom

videoeditman Posted at 12-2 06:05
Try putting the phone in airplane mode and see if this stops the problem.

already tried my friend but no difference. Even restarted app in the air. Restarted phone controlling drone just by transmitter while it restarted screen was still black. Would not restart until transmitter was restarted and drone
2020-12-2
Use props
djiuser_6En1CQOqqmwa
lvl.2
Flight distance : 35404 ft
Germany

Same issue on my S9+ too, i was flying 900 Meters away and the App crashes while changing from quickshot to Videomode. Closing App and restarting App did not fix it. I thought i lost my brand new drone. But luckily, RTH with the Controller worked and i could land it "blind". This has to be fixed soon! Never had this problem with the mini 1.
2020-12-2
Use props
videoeditman
lvl.4
United States

fansdd190fdf Posted at 12-2 07:26
already tried my friend but no difference. Even restarted app in the air. Restarted phone controlling drone just by transmitter while it restarted screen was still black. Would not restart until transmitter was restarted and drone

How about closing open programs. Also try restarting your phone.
2020-12-2
Use props
Renton
lvl.2
Flight distance : 224058 ft
Italy

Same here with S20 Ultra
2020-12-15
Use props
djiuser_vkTXK0bHfd6z
lvl.2

Spain

Renton Posted at 12-15 06:33
Same here with S20 Ultra

Hello
same with S9 +
2020-12-15
Use props
videoeditman
lvl.4
United States

I'm running an S10e and have not had any black screens. Make sure your phone charge is not excessively low ~15%, then your phone will try saving charge by shutting things down. Is your memory close to full? Have you rebooted phone lately?
2020-12-15
Use props
springflake
lvl.2
Flight distance : 35404 ft
Germany

As said before, never had that problem with Mini 1 before.
So it must be a Bug in the App, the drone or the remote Controller ...
I hot an brand new drone and only did 2 flights cause i have to wait for an fix.
2020-12-15
Use props
fansdd190fdf
lvl.2
United Kingdom

My phone is vanilla so only app is djifly so its not another app. Phone is always kept fully charged and kept updated. No problem is definitely  djifly app based. Flown same drone with an iPhone no problem. I suspect that these phones come in different versions with either Samsung own chip or qualcoms. Maybe people with one chip have the problem because dji didn't realise each model comes in different versions.
2020-12-16
Use props
fansc9d1e824
lvl.1

United States

fansdd190fdf Posted at 12-16 00:41
My phone is vanilla so only app is djifly so its not another app. Phone is always kept fully charged and kept updated. No problem is definitely  djifly app based. Flown same drone with an iPhone no problem. I suspect that these phones come in different versions with either Samsung own chip or qualcoms. Maybe people with one chip have the problem because dji didn't realise each model comes in different versions.

Same problem here with S8 plus android 9 and dji app 1.2.1 nice good flight then instant crash of app which messes up all recorded flight logs in progress when app has to be reloaded from start...
2020-12-17
Use props
djiuser_OiGcuQQ1GAXo
New

Hong Kong

Same problem with Lenovo Tab 4 Tablet
2020-12-27
Use props
Bigplumbs
Second Officer
Flight distance : 620164 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Firstly the OP Said his Mini does he mean the Mavic Mini 1 or the DJI Mini 2.... You need to be specific when you post if you want help.

Also I know this is not going to be popular but most DJI Drones work better using Apple devices. If you can get one try something like an old Iphone 6S or better 6S Plus and keep it as a bespoke screen for your drone. It frees up your normal phone.

I am sure all the Android users will get all annoyed about this post but I have found it to be true and I have both Android and Apple stuff.

Before you jump on my post and get all wild give an I device a try by borrowing one or buying a reconditioned one from ebay. Dont go lower than a 6S though.
Beliece me I am trying to help. If you try what I say you will not be disapointed
2020-12-27
Use props
fansdd190fdf
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Bigplumbs Posted at 12-27 23:56
Firstly the OP Said his Mini does he mean the Mavic Mini 1 or the DJI Mini 2.... You need to be specific when you post if you want help.

Also I know this is not going to be popular but most DJI Drones work better using Apple devices. If you can get one try something like an old Iphone 6S or better 6S Plus and keep it as a bespoke screen for your drone. It frees up your normal phone.

This is the mini 2 section of the forum so yes its a mjni 2 and i do say i also have a mini 1 in op. The problem is the app and a company burying its head in the sand over a faulty app isnt helpful. These devices are all on supported list as well.
2020-12-28
Use props
Bigplumbs
Second Officer
Flight distance : 620164 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

fansdd190fdf Posted at 12-28 04:00
This is the mini 2 section of the forum so yes its a mjni 2 and i do say i also have a mini 1 in op. The problem is the app and a company burying its head in the sand over a faulty app isnt helpful. These devices are all on supported list as well.

Ok but I still think if you can you could give an Iphone a go and see if it works ok. If not that is of course up to you
2020-12-28
Use props
fansdd190fdf
lvl.2
United Kingdom

We did that's how we know its poor coding. Iphone 6 previously worked on mavic pro with no problems. Now isn't powerful enough to fly and 1 or 2 without cache off. Despite it still being on compatible devices list. If you sell a product just for iPhone then tell people it is just for iPhone. But to provide a list of devices they say is compatible only to find they are not is bad practice. For example the ipad mini 4 has the same insides as the iPhone 6 yet it can fly in dji fly. But the iPhone 6 can't. So its not just android having issues.
2020-12-28
Use props
Arminius
lvl.2
Flight distance : 466752 ft
Chile

Really scarry and threatening! Here too in flight with S20 Ultra a DJI Fly app black screen while taking photos, the problem is on the side of DJI and the app.  With 20 years of model flying experience I can say that there is nothing to discuss where the problem is, this problem can only be fixed by DJI.
2021-1-1
Use props
Arminius
lvl.2
Chile

it is very easy to reproduce, even for DJI. Because everyone with a DJI Mini 2 and Samsung S20 Ultra will get a black screen after 5 - 10 photos. DJI try and fix the problem, until then we won't be able to take photos!
2021-1-2
Use props
Photo Drone
lvl.4
Flight distance : 456201 ft
Canada

same with my S9
Happened twice now, and scared the living @#$% out of me.
I really like the min 2 so far, hope there is a fix soon or the next flight could be my last.
2021-1-2
Use props
Huginn Kenningar
lvl.4
Flight distance : 49635259 ft
Spain

It seems to happen when the app tries to record files in the internal memory/SD card, when switching between photo and video modes, start/stop recording and simmilar.

On my Moto G8 having the SD card configured to "external" instead of "internal" memory would solve the app crashing for most of the time. Seems that Dji fly has less trouble saving files in the internal memory of the phone than in the SD.

I still get crashes from time to time, but they recover automatically in 5-10 secs or so, before I had to manually restart the phone midflight, as restarting the app wouldn't solve the problem.

Just hit RTH when this happens, and don't cancel RTH till you get the app working again. Restarting the phone before flying is also a good advice, that will prevent the app from crashing too.

By doing those two things (force the app to save the files in the internal memory rather than the SD and restarting the phone bofre flying) I don't get crashes anymore.

Hopefully this app stability issue will get fixed in the future.

PS: As long as you don't lose RC connection and the controller keeps working... you can return home easily. If losing RC the drone should come back too, that's why it's so important to set the home location correctly.
2021-1-2
Use props
fans8caf620b
lvl.3
Flight distance : 4511 ft
United States

Are these SAMSUNG devices on Dji official list of ok devices for the mini 2?  I have some 3rd party lists, but can't find the Dji list that I have seen before.
2021-1-2
Use props
m15alien
lvl.4
Flight distance : 6878596 ft
  • >>>
Italy

Hi, the  DJI Fly 1.2.2 app crash happens also to me. I use an Oppo Reno smartphone and it has internal memory only, no sd card, I haven't had any problems with the previous DJi Fly release. It often happens during a flight when I press the video recording stop/start button (on the remote or using the app). The app crashes the screen becomes black and restarts, but the remote - drone link seems to be stable and ok. I don't know if DJI has solved the "black Screen Bug"  with the latest firmware update V01.02.0100.
2021-1-2
Use props
fansdd190fdf
lvl.2
United Kingdom

fans8caf620b Posted at 1-2 09:59
Are these SAMSUNG devices on Dji official list of ok devices for the mini 2?  I have some 3rd party lists, but can't find the Dji list that I have seen before.

Yes all samsung phones are on official supported list. At least those listed so far on the thread
2021-1-2
Use props
karlinurswick
lvl.1
Flight distance : 383317 ft
United Kingdom

I have similar problems with the black screen, stutters and video freezes as well as the phone restarting occasionally when the app starts, using a Sony Xperia XZ.
2021-1-3
Use props
OverCombination
lvl.2
Flight distance : 19298 ft
United States

Took my Mini 2 for its first flight, after owning the original Mini without a problem I upgraded for the improved transmission. 10 minutes into the flight the app crashed, and when I selected GoFly all I had was a black screen. Did some tests in the backyard: airplane mode, no difference. Cache off, no difference. All other apps closed, no difference.  
Can't see myself flying again until this is fixed. Using a new Samsung Galaxy S20+

2021-1-12
Use props
OverCombination
lvl.2
Australia

Update: I contacted DJI Support yesterday, their solution was to uninstall and reinstall the DJI Fly App. Unsurprisingly this has not fixed the issue. There are multiple people on the Android Play Store reporting the same issue. DJI need to take their head out of the sand and release an update. No doubt this forum is monitored by DJI.....how about a reply?
2021-1-13
Use props
OverCombination
lvl.2
Australia

Update 2: Contacted DJI support again. They say the S20+ isn't on the supported list (despite it being the exact same phone as an S20 with a larger screen). When asked why all of the phones on this forum and on the Play Store are reporting the same issue they stated "In regards to the forum, the issue was already reported last year and that was already been resolved by releasing an application update." I'd encourage you to reach out to DJI Support online if you are still having issues with your supported phones.
2021-1-13
Use props
Arminius
lvl.2
Chile

OverCombination Posted at 1-13 18:29
Update 2: Contacted DJI support again. They say the S20+ isn't on the supported list (despite it being the exact same phone as an S20 with a larger screen). When asked why all of the phones on this forum and on the Play Store are reporting the same issue they stated "In regards to the forum, the issue was already reported last year and that was already been resolved by releasing an application update." I'd encourage you to reach out to DJI Support online if you are still having issues with your supported phones.

I see a small improvement after two tests, it can also be my imagination, I am still testing:

1. No JEPEG + RAW photos only JPEG
2. Auto Sync HD Photos _off
3. I shot the photos one after the other very slowly

I flew 2x and was able to take photos without a Fly app crash also after switch back to the video mode everything was better all this without black screen. I also shot the photos one after the other very slowly with Samsung 20 Ultra

(but i have no confidence,  i have to test for longer time)
2021-1-15
Use props
Cients
lvl.4
Flight distance : 5537369 ft
Portugal

Very lucky.
2021-1-15
Use props
videoeditman
lvl.4
United States

Most of the original posters are non US, Samsung has been known to use different processors for different countries. This could be a possible cause, has the new App version fixed anyone's problems?
2021-1-15
Use props
DJI_USER_128932
New
Netherlands

This has been happening to me as well, S9+ Very scary, but fortunately able to return home.

I assumed this was an issue with the latest firmware but very disappointed to find out it has been around for months. Can't believe this hasn't been fixed after all this time. I am new to DJI and sure hope they don't show the same sloppiness in bug-fixing as GoPro does.
2021-1-16
Use props
OverCombination
lvl.2
United States

DJI_USER_128932 Posted at 1-16 02:49
This has been happening to me as well, S9+ Very scary, but fortunately able to return home.

I assumed this was an issue with the latest firmware but very disappointed to find out it has been around for months. Can't believe this hasn't been fixed after all this time. I am new to DJI and sure hope they don't show the same sloppiness in bug-fixing as GoPro does.

Have you contacted support? Your phone is on the supported list. DJI told me they had solved this problem for phones on the supported list (despite mounting evidence on this forum and the Play Store saying otherwise).

Still awaiting DJI to reply to this forum thread....

2021-1-16
Use props
Photo Drone
lvl.4
Flight distance : 456201 ft
Canada

Same here with my S9, it happened 3 times yesterday.
I just went back to the home screen and restarted the app and everything was still there.
but it freaks me out every time.
2021-1-17
Use props
Jackal78
lvl.1
Flight distance : 340240 ft
Sweden

It has happened to me on every flight since I bought the drone. Running a Samsung Galaxy S20. Today was the worst flying in a city and the black screen came every 3-4 minutes. Only used one battery then I gave up.
2021-1-17
Use props
djiuser_F4tUqgF0EEKr
New
Flight distance : 261184 ft
Greece

Same issue on Galaxy S20, app is crashing almost every time i start flying the drone (i fly normally for about 5-10 minutes then boom, app will crash). Even tho im able to reconnect to the drone i get black screen from the camera. This started happening after v1.2.2 of the app.
2021-1-18
Use props
OverCombination
lvl.2
Australia

Still waiting for a reply DJI...
2021-1-20
Use props
Geeforce
lvl.2
Flight distance : 30128 ft
Netherlands

Hmmm not so happy reading this thread. Got my mini 2 2 weeks ago. Using a Samsing S10e and had time to fly twice now. I installed Fly app 1.2.1 from Google playstore. Didn't know about 1.2.2.
I downloaded that version from the website and installed it, but now I am a little afraid to fly.....

I used 1.2.1 with latest firmware on battery and Mini 2 without any problems, made photos and videos.  Should I go back to 1.2.1?
2021-1-22
Use props
OverCombination
lvl.2
Australia

Geeforce Posted at 1-22 13:10
Hmmm not so happy reading this thread. Got my mini 2 2 weeks ago. Using a Samsing S10e and had time to fly twice now. I installed Fly app 1.2.1 from Google playstore. Didn't know about 1.2.2.
I downloaded that version from the website and installed it, but now I am a little afraid to fly.....

The issue occurred for me on 1.2.1 and 1.2.2. Just take the drone in your backyard, fly 1-2 metres off the ground taking photos and swapping to video etc. The app will crash.
2021-1-22
Use props
1234Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules