Are any FPV Goggles compatible with the Mini 2?
12Next >
65706 60 2020-11-12
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
trader6777
lvl.4
United States

With the first Gen. Mini, FPV goggles were not compatible without a workaround.  Wondering if it's the same for the Mini 2.
2020-11-12
Use props
Alevpi
Second Officer
Flight distance : 43560 ft
Russia

The same thing, but through the post everyone writes that they really want to!
2020-11-12
Use props
Woe
Captain
Flight distance : 4129268 ft
  • >>>
United States

No they are not.
2020-11-12
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there trader6777, thank you for reaching us out and I appreciate your inquiry. Currently DJI FPV Goggles is not supported by the Mini 2 but I will forward this feedback to our developers. After the evaluation of the engineers, significant suggestions or requests will be implemented via the firmware update, app update, etc. For any updates, please stay tuned to the latest news in our DJI official website at www.dji.com or by checking the Release Notes specific for your product. Thank you for your support.
2020-11-12
Use props
trader6777
lvl.4
United States

DJI Paladin Posted at 11-12 06:13
Hi there trader6777, thank you for reaching us out and I appreciate your inquiry. Currently DJI FPV Goggles is not supported by the Mini 2 but I will forward this feedback to our developers. After the evaluation of the engineers, significant suggestions or requests will be implemented via the firmware update, app update, etc. For any updates, please stay tuned to the latest news in our DJI official website at www.dji.com or by checking the Release Notes specific for your product. Thank you for your support.

Thank you!
2020-11-12
Use props
Renato61
Second Officer
Flight distance : 168163 ft
Italy

It is time we don't buy drones until they have full support for what we need.
Without Goggles or FPV support we wait for Dji provide.
2020-11-13
Use props
fans427539f9
lvl.3
Flight distance : 148 ft
Australia

My conversation on Twitter with DJI Support (08/Nov/2020):

Me:
Hello. Are the DJI Goggles compatible with DJI Mini 2? If not  - does the DJI has any plans to include it on the compatibility list? Regards!

DJI Support:
Hi, XXX. Thank you for your inquiry. Unfortunately, DJI Mini 2 is not compatible to use with the DJI Goggles. Currently, there are no plans for adding this. Thank you.
2020-11-13
Use props
Alevpi
Second Officer
Russia

fans427539f9 Posted at 11-13 17:55
My conversation on Twitter with DJI Support (08/Nov/2020):

Me:

The forums are not engineers and their answer about the compatibility of this is simply the answer that is now not supported!
We have a saying "if you want to find a solution, if you don't want to find an excuse!"
2020-11-13
Use props
Cetacean
Captain
Flight distance : 2528264 ft
  • >>>
United States

Aloha trader,

Forget this BS.  There is no DJI product that I know of that cannot be used with a goggles set.  If you require DJI Goggles (which I own) they may not be compatible with some DJI products.  But, I have other goggles, by other manufacturers, that work with DJI products (HDMI).

We have a common technology! - HDMI

Some of the goggles I have even give a 20 / 20 view that is amazing and even better than DJI.  So, do not give up!  Keep looking until you find what you need.

Take care and be safe!

Aloha and Drone On!
2020-11-14
Use props
bjr981s
Second Officer
Flight distance : 139698 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Cetacean Posted at 11-14 03:26
Aloha trader,

Forget this BS.  There is no DJI product that I know of that cannot be used with a goggles set.  If you require DJI Goggles (which I own) they may not be compatible with some DJI products.  But, I have other goggles, by other manufacturers, that work with DJI products (HDMI).

Yes you need an Android system that supports 64 bit Applications and has a HDMI output.

I am not aware of one at the moment though. You might want to provide a URL.
2020-11-14
Use props
djiuser_2uHsvPxK1QRN
New

United States

I realize the mini 2 isn't the top of the line drone for DJI...however I feel like now that the mini 2 is using occusync, it's likely running the same software the big boys use.

That being said, it doesn't make sense NOT to include support regardless. Do you want to sell more product? I'd buy a set of goggles today if they were compatible.
2020-11-14
Use props
Cetacean
Captain
  • >>>
United States

bjr981s Posted at 11-14 04:22
Yes you need an Android system that supports 64 bit Applications and has a HDMI output.

I am not aware of one at the moment though. You might want to provide a URL.

Aloha bjr,

Yes, you are right, 64 bit and HDMI, but Apple or Android.  I have not been motivated to find a goggles for the Mini 2 mostly because I have not bought the Mini 2.  The new tablets have USB C now and that is a good tech enabler.

There are also adapters that can be used to interface between seemingly incompatible technologies.  Right now, USB C is as good as HDMI and there are adapters that can work to remove incompatibilities.  Sorry, but I am not motivated to find URLs for what would be needed to match the Mini 2 with a goggles.  All I am suggesting is that it is highly likely that it can be made to work.

One caveat though.  The final result may only be a cabled goggles and remote controller and a 720p resolution.  The point is do not give up and in the process you will learn a lot about the marketplace.  I have accidentally ended up with VR goggles and many other interesting tech that I was not looking for but were fun non-the-less in the long run.

Take care and be safe!

Aloha and Drone On!
2020-11-15
Use props
bjr981s
Second Officer
Flight distance : 139698 ft
  • >>>
Australia

djiuser_2uHsvPxK1QRN Posted at 11-14 10:27
I realize the mini 2 isn't the top of the line drone for DJI...however I feel like now that the mini 2 is using occusync, it's likely running the same software the big boys use.

That being said, it doesn't make sense NOT to include support regardless. Do you want to sell more product? I'd buy a set of goggles today if they were compatible.

Don't let the Occusync 2 protocol make you think that all Occusync 2 is compatible. In reality the Occusync  1 DGI Goggles White, will work with the Mavic 2s.

Occusync 2 Goggles RE require a second bind channel to the drone. It can either be the master or a slave control device. The bottom line is that the drone must support dual channel Occusync 2 communications to allow this to work. Control and Video feed x 2.

The Air 2 and the mini 2 have been advised that support will never become available.

I would suggest that is is due to their size that they can only support 1 bind channel.

As the SmartController is likely to support the Mini 2 as it does the Air 2 Video feed (not control) can be passed to the Goggles RE via the HDMI port on the SmartController. But it took 4 months for the air 2 to get this support. It's unknown how long support for the Mini 2 will take.
2020-11-17
Use props
Alevpi
Second Officer
Russia

Cetacean Posted at 11-14 03:26
Aloha trader,

With an HDMI connection, you can also tilt the drone's camera by tilting your head in a DJI helmet?
2020-11-17
Use props
Cetacean
Captain
  • >>>
United States

Alevpi Posted at 11-17 01:57
With an HDMI connection, you can also tilt the drone's camera by tilting your head in a DJI helmet?

Aloha Alevpi,

If I recall right, HDMI just gives you basic video.  To get head control, you need the USB connection; which is strange because HDMI is a broader bandwidth than USB.  But, I tried it and it worked, but it also only worked with certain DJI products.  (These comments only apply to the original DJI Goggles.)

Hope this helps!  Take care and be safe!

Aloha and Drone On!
2020-11-18
Use props
Mhinc
Second Officer
Flight distance : 151467 ft
Canada

Ken Heron was able to get the Mini 2 to work with DJI Goggles.  It's not the most ideal method but it works.

2021-2-17
Use props
djiuser_nO2RdSW5BSUg
Second Officer
Flight distance : 80646017 ft
Poland

Is there an application that will display the image twice on a smartphone so that you can put on ordinary VR goggles? DJI Fly broken down into two screens? Without head movement control.
2021-2-17
Use props
RenegadeCowboyAZ
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3600774 ft
United States

Nope not at this time
2021-2-17
Use props
rgp1942
lvl.3
United States

The best FPV solution for the Mini-2 at this time is to mount a 5.8ghz AIO VTX (AKK has a 400mw one) on the drone and use your old 5.8ghz headset.  None of the so called "work arounds" using wifi or other contraptions are practical for FPV for a variety of reasons (I've tried them all).  The smart controller with HDMI out to HDMI in on your headset might be workable if/when that controller is compatible with the Mini-2 (albeit expensive solution).  Another issue regarding FPV with the Mini-2 is FOV.  See this thread: product suggestion

2021-2-17
Use props
rgp1942
lvl.3
United States

P.S.  I ovelooked including the solution of mounting a DJI/Caddx digital "VTX" instead of an analog VTX, and using the DJI FPV goggles.  If DJI fails to add an FPV option to the Mini-2, this is probably the best (albeit expensive) way to add FPV to the Mini-2 for serious FPV'ers.  Note this solution also solves the problem of narrow FOV in the Mini-2 camera.  The downside is the Mini-2 Occusync 2 digital video is not exploited when it easily could be (redundant digital VTX's onboard), the expense, and the added weight, and the problem of having props in the FPV view (but normal Mini-2 camera view in the recorded video).
2021-2-18
Use props
djiuser_1or30K5bKiY8
lvl.1
Flight distance : 520302 ft
United States

Why would someone want goggles for the mini 2 it's not a freestyle quad and if you fly it that way you will crash it and it will most definitely break then the post will read something about how fragile the drone is goggles suck in every way and are technically illegal anyway...
2021-2-18
Use props
Perhead
lvl.1
United States

DJI Paladin Posted at 2020-11-12 06:13

Please consider that new google v2 with the mini 2, as I am sure you have sold plenty of these units.

Thank
You
2021-2-22
Use props
fansfa0ef383
lvl.2
Flight distance : 271306 ft
United Kingdom

Hi :-)

For all those with a DJI Mini 2 (or other DJI drone) that want to fly FPV / VR  and can't, check out the video below.

I got hold of a MagiMask which displays a full-screen phone image in both eyes, so you can use DJI Fly or DJI Go in a VR headset.

All you'll need is the mask and a data cable from the controller to the phone. It's amazing!

2021-3-16
Use props
BaeByte
lvl.1
United States

fansfa0ef383 Posted at 3-16 04:48
Hi :-)

For all those with a DJI Mini 2 (or other DJI drone) that want to fly FPV / VR  and can't, check out the video below.

I'm sorry but without proper head tracking how is this much better than just looking at the phone connected to the controller? You also lose all touch controls on the phone this isn't real FPV and you actually lose features. You also have to have a big thing on your head you didn't need in the first place.
2021-3-22
Use props
DavidRWB
lvl.2
Flight distance : 271306 ft
United Kingdom

BaeByte Posted at 3-22 02:22
I'm sorry but without proper head tracking how is this much better than just looking at the phone connected to the controller? You also lose all touch controls on the phone this isn't real FPV and you actually lose features. You also have to have a big thing on your head you didn't need in the first place.

I guess it’s just preference. I really love flying that way - it feels so immersive!
2021-3-25
Use props
jweaver
lvl.4
Flight distance : 47664 ft
United Kingdom

DavidRWB Posted at 3-25 13:07
I guess it’s just preference. I really love flying that way - it feels so immersive!

I concur....
2021-3-25
Use props
djiuser_ZZQgkzwCPUuv
lvl.1
Flight distance : 767959 ft
United Kingdom

My Magimask is on it's way
2021-4-12
Use props
fansc3080563
lvl.1
Flight distance : 83438 ft
South Africa

I would also like to see this feature being added to DJI mini 2 firmware. So Please Please do it DJI
2021-4-20
Use props
Pro Amateur
lvl.1
  • >>>
Canada

I have a Mavic Mini and a Mini 2. I fly both of them using the DJI Fly app on my Galaxy Note 20 Ultra 5G. Samsung calls miracast (screen mirroring) Smart View on all of their Galaxy devices. I own a device called the Avegant Glyph, which is simply a wearable HDMI display that look like and can be used as headphones. I connect a female to female HDMI adapter to a Microsoft Wireless Display Adapter and finally connect that to my Glyph. Once connected, I am simply using this work around to get use of my goggles for FPV with little latency or sketchiness. What's cool is how I can listen to music while flying due to the Glyph having headphones. Avegant no longer makes the Glyph, but they're still for sale and inexpensive. They can be used with any HDMI device as a monitor on your face. Another nice thing about the Glyph is you can look up or down outside the headset because it's using a proprietary DLP technology so users can look up at their drone or down at their phone. Not locked inside.
2021-4-23
Use props
fans96d543ef
lvl.1

Canada

Pro Amateur Posted at 4-23 20:16
I have a Mavic Mini and a Mini 2. I fly both of them using the DJI Fly app on my Galaxy Note 20 Ultra 5G. Samsung calls miracast (screen mirroring) Smart View on all of their Galaxy devices. I own a device called the Avegant Glyph, which is simply a wearable HDMI display that look like and can be used as headphones. I connect a female to female HDMI adapter to a Microsoft Wireless Display Adapter and finally connect that to my Glyph. Once connected, I am simply using this work around to get use of my goggles for FPV with little latency or sketchiness. What's cool is how I can listen to music while flying due to the Glyph having headphones. Avegant no longer makes the Glyph, but they're still for sale and inexpensive. They can be used with any HDMI device as a monitor on your face. Another nice thing about the Glyph is you can look up or down outside the headset because it's using a proprietary DLP technology so users can look up at their drone or down at their phone. Not locked inside.

yes do it , with this feature you sale LOt of mini 2 with your goggles
2021-5-5
Use props
thunderbyrd
lvl.3
Flight distance : 241188 ft
United States

djiuser_1or30K5bKiY8 Posted at 2-18 15:49
Why would someone want goggles for the mini 2 it's not a freestyle quad and if you fly it that way you will crash it and it will most definitely break then the post will read something about how fragile the drone is goggles suck in every way and are technically illegal anyway...

Goggles are NOT otherwise or technically illegal .  Why say something like that?
2021-5-12
Use props
relaxosmo
lvl.4
Flight distance : 180604 ft
Hungary

My father watched my flight yesterday in Quest 2 with virtual 3D environment and 6dof tracking.
Very cool
2021-5-12
Use props
fans84e16a9b
lvl.2
Flight distance : 247438 ft
  • >>>
United States

Technically, you don't know what you are talking about. Flying with goggles is NOT illegal.
2021-6-18
Use props
The Saint
First Officer
Flight distance : 5902228 ft
  • >>>
United States

there is no law against flying with google; however, you might be suggesting the pilot maintain vlos at all time with the drone and you can't exactly do that while wearing googles.  the googles are intended for a bystander to watch the drone while another pilot flies.
2021-6-18
Use props
djiuser_2zIzzvgTf41z
New
Australia

DJI Paladin Posted at 2020-11-12 06:13

That would be cool.
2021-8-7
Use props
FriedChicken_II
lvl.4
Flight distance : 721555 ft

Japan

bjr981s Posted at 2020-11-17 00:49
Don't let the Occusync 2 protocol make you think that all Occusync 2 is compatible. In reality the Occusync  1 DGI Goggles White, will work with the Mavic 2s.

Occusync 2 Goggles RE require a second bind channel to the drone. It can either be the master or a slave control device. The bottom line is that the drone must support dual channel Occusync 2 communications to allow this to work. Control and Video feed x 2.

They could but they dumped the idea. The support was actually made internally but they think that the experience is not good enough so they dumped it. And then they made the DJI FPV.
2021-8-8
Use props
Bashy
Captain
Flight distance : 2354357 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

BaeByte Posted at 3-22 02:22
I'm sorry but without proper head tracking how is this much better than just looking at the phone connected to the controller? You also lose all touch controls on the phone this isn't real FPV and you actually lose features. You also have to have a big thing on your head you didn't need in the first place.

Youve obviously never looked through the dji goggles, the experience is like looking at a cinema screen
2021-8-8
Use props
Bashy
Captain
Flight distance : 2354357 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

They dont want to fly it like a freestyle, that's deffo not what they want it for lol
2021-8-8
Use props
FriedChicken_II
lvl.4
Flight distance : 721555 ft

Japan

At this time, DJI hasn't released the SDK for drones later than Mavic Air 2, so no support on Mini 2 or Air 2S yet. But once if they released the SDK, I think the apps like Litchi would update soon to get the drones supported. The expected time of SDK release is sometime later this year
2021-8-8
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

We will keep you posted once we have the latest update on this said request. Thank you for your patience.
2021-8-8
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules