DJI RSC 2 beginners questions
6009 7 2020-11-12
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
airflow
lvl.2
Austria

Hi!

I aquired the DJI RSC 2 Combo and am making the first steps with it.
I have several beginners questions, perhaps somebody can help me out please.

1) Is it possible to invert the joystick up/down behaviour? For me its not intuitive in the default setting and I'd like to revert it.

2) When I want to combine the DJI RSC 2 with Raveneye, I am confused about the usage of the app. I can connect only to the Gimbal *or* the Raveneye, not both. What is the idea here? I guess I should only connect to the Raveneye, and then configure the Gimbal via the buttons on the device, not via the app.

3) When I want to combine the DJI RSC 2 with Raveneye, I am confused about the connection of the RSS port on the camera. I can only connect it to the Raveneye *or* the Gimbal. So when I want to use the Gimbal with the Raveneye, and connect the RSS cable to the Raveneye, I cannot control the camera via the Gimbal any more.

4) When I connect the Raveneye to the camera, the internal monitor of the camera goes blank. In my first tests I found it irritating and problematic that I cannot really use the monitor of the camera any more (for changing settings etc). What is the suggested workflow here? Do everything via the app?

Thanks for your advice,
airflow

2020-11-12
Use props
djiuser010101
lvl.3
Malta

1) I don't think that is possible.

2) When connecting to RavenEye, switch off your phone's bluetooth (therefore disconnecting from the gimbal), and only connect to the RavenEye via WiFi.

3) I am still waiting for my gimbal to arrive, so I will keep you updated.

4) If you disconnect the control cable from the camera and leave only the HDMI, the screen should stay on. Yes, you will lose the ISO/SS/aperture control on your camera, but you'll still have the display working.
2020-11-12
Use props
airflow
lvl.2
Austria

djiuser010101 Posted at 11-12 13:00
1) I don't think that is possible.

2) When connecting to RavenEye, switch off your phone's bluetooth (therefore disconnecting from the gimbal), and only connect to the RavenEye via WiFi.

I made some progress, so I want to share it with you.

1) joystick control inversion seems to be impossible. This would be an easy fix in software.

2) As the other user pointed out, when using Raveneye together with the gimbal, the app just connects to the Raveneye and everything (including control of the gimbal itself) is done via the RavenEye WiFi-connection. This works because the Raveneye has its own cable connection to the Gimbal, and Gimbal control is done via that. The LED on the Raveneye turns green when all connections are properly initiated.

3) In this setup, you might trigger a recording via the App *or* the Gimbal. If you trigger the recording via the button on the gimbal, the monitor output is activated on the camera, and App output is turned off. If you trigger the recording via the App, it is the other way around. This way you can decide which monitor to use - this is convenient.
2020-11-13
Use props
easty0505
lvl.1

Germany

You can reverse the joystick direction by going into the User Profiles -> Control (at the bottom of the page) and then click the Nor. buttons on Channel 1 and 3 to switch them to reverse
2021-1-5
Use props
djiuser_kdAHCqX4C96H
lvl.2
Slovakia

easty0505 Posted at 1-5 13:33
You can reverse the joystick direction by going into the User Profiles -> Control (at the bottom of the page) and then click the Nor. buttons on Channel 1 and 3 to switch them to reverse

great . thanx lot!!!!
2021-1-21
Use props
airflow
lvl.2
Austria

easty0505 Posted at 1-5 13:33
You can reverse the joystick direction by going into the User Profiles -> Control (at the bottom of the page) and then click the Nor. buttons on Channel 1 and 3 to switch them to reverse

Thanks for the helpful advice.
2021-1-26
Use props
djiuser_KqaB3XdXcBUj
New

Denmark

Help!!! I also need to invert it... It is upside down for me also.
2022-12-14
Use props
airflow
lvl.2
Austria

djiuser_KqaB3XdXcBUj Posted at 12-14 07:01
Help!!! I also need to invert it... It is upside down for me also.

This thread contains the solution to the problem. Good luck.
2022-12-14
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules