Included Pocket 2 case doesn't fit properly?
4329 18 2020-11-13
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
TeddyBear
lvl.4
Flight distance : 152044 ft
  • >>>
United States

Hello! I just (finally) got my Pocket 2, but does anyone else find the included case just doesn't provide much protection? It's so loose it doesn't stay in the case/the case just falls off of it. Anyone else have this issue?
2020-11-13
Use props
fansfe82067d
First Officer
  • >>>
Australia

Hmmm.  Most people on YouTube seem to think it's almost too tight a fit.  Do you have it on the correct way round?  The power button should be on the inside of the case.
2020-11-13
Use props
TeddyBear
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

fansfe82067d Posted at 11-13 20:53
Hmmm.  Most people on YouTube seem to think it's almost too tight a fit.  Do you have it on the correct way round?  The power button should be on the inside of the case.

Yeah, no matter how I put it in it just sits in there, and would absolutely fall out if I turned it over. Is there a specific way I should be putting it in? Maybe I'm doing it incorrectly?
2020-11-13
Use props
KlooGee
First Officer
Flight distance : 16783757 ft
  • >>>
United States

It fits snugly for me!  Can you take a quick pic, or better yet a vid, to show how it looks for you?
2020-11-13
Use props
TeddyBear
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

KlooGee Posted at 11-13 21:49
It fits snugly for me!  Can you take a quick pic, or better yet a vid, to show how it looks for you?

I've made a video and put it on Dropbox:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/f9izogy6g5d5595/Video%20Nov%2013%2C%2022%2034%2046.mov?dl=0
2020-11-13
Use props
Tide
First Officer
South Korea

It fits tight and I have a bit of hassle to take it out.
2020-11-13
Use props
fansfe82067d
First Officer
  • >>>
Australia

I've looked at your video and there's definitely something wrong there!     In this video there is a closeup of the interior of the case.  It's a wild guess, but the case seems to have a lining, and if the one you have is missing that lining, I imagine the P2 would fit loose like you show.   Jump to 5'18" in the video.

2020-11-14
Use props
TeddyBear
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

fansfe82067d Posted at 11-14 01:12
I've looked at your video and there's definitely something wrong there!     In this video there is a closeup of the interior of the case.  It's a wild guess, but the case seems to have a lining, and if the one you have is missing that lining, I imagine the P2 would fit loose like you show.   Jump to 5'18" in the video.
https://youtu.be/p9jDRqzSzNA?t=310

This is so strange! It looks exactly like that but...mine is just too wide? Manufacturing error perhaps? So weird!
2020-11-14
Use props
Tide
First Officer
South Korea

TeddyBear Posted at 11-14 01:33
This is so strange! It looks exactly like that but...mine is just too wide? Manufacturing error perhaps? So weird!

In my case, there's 4 patch (2 each side) of square spacers are placed under the interior clothe to make sure it is a tight fit.

Check the interior of your case if there are 4 square bulges.
2020-11-14
Use props
TeddyBear
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Tide Posted at 11-14 03:08
In my case, there's 4 patch (2 each side) of square spacers are placed under the interior clothe to make sure it is a tight fit.

Check the interior of your case if there are 4 square bulges.

I have them, but looking closer it appears the overall shape of the case might be off; the bottom especially is tilted outwards and not really grabbing the Pocket very well.
3A397291-10C2-4F7F-B1B8-5B5BF2C214D3.jpeg
2020-11-14
Use props
fansfe82067d
First Officer
  • >>>
Australia

I can't help wondering whether if heated a bit with a hair dryer, it might be possible to reshape the case a little.  But maybe see whether other people think that's a good idea or not!
2020-11-14
Use props
subhashnayak7
lvl.2
Flight distance : 386129 ft
United Arab Emirates

Even I have the same issue. I'm not able to fit in tight inside the case. It falls off easily!
2020-11-14
Use props
Aavalaakso
First Officer
Flight distance : 328 ft
  • >>>
Finland

This is my solution from the day I unboxed Pocket 2. Tells more than thousand words. And it works.

2020-11-15
Use props
fansfe82067d
First Officer
  • >>>
Australia

Now there's some lateral thinking.  Give that person a medal!
2020-11-15
Use props
TeddyBear
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

I've contacted DJI's support on Twitter, and they had me email the support address; they're sending a replacement out after I showed them the video.
2020-11-15
Use props
djiuser_SGtX4I7iJci7
lvl.3
United Kingdom

So they’ve  obviously done away with the silicon wrap around strap (how cheap is that!)
I bought an exact clone of the original slip case but with an adapted silicon strap which allows the controller wheel to be safely carried in the case (from AliExpress) guess I’ll have to do the same when I get around to buying the P2
2020-11-15
Use props
Psoon
lvl.4
Flight distance : 16279465 ft
  • >>>
Canada

From the photo you supplied it looks like the bottom of the case is spread out more than it should. It’s a metal shell so heat is not going to work. You could try squeezing the case till it hugs the Pocket the way you like. Otherwise wait for a replacement
2020-11-15
Use props
TeddyBear
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

An update; after DJI's Twitter support telling me they'd send a new case, they now want me to send back EVERYTHING, saying "it's faster to just send you a new device", completely ignoring it's attached to my account, I bought the care refresh, not to mention I had to wait *weeks* to get this thing, on top of me having to wait even longer now due to me having to send this one back before they'll send a new one. This is kind of terrible customer service DJI. :/
2020-11-17
Use props
fansfe82067d
First Officer
  • >>>
Australia

Hmmm.  I'd be going for a DIY solution.  I had to give mine a bit of a squeeze to improve the fit and that seemed to work.  Is it really made of metal?  It doesn't seem to attract a magnet, except where the wide angle lens fits.  Just a few small pieces of card attached inside with double sided tape might do the trick.
2020-11-17
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules