Please DJI, correct the Fly app and allow Mini with 4 k capability
1473 25 2020-11-14
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Cients
Second Officer
Flight distance : 5537369 ft
Portugal

Please DJI, correct the Fly app and allow Mini with 4 k capability.
This is only software development.
2020-11-14
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Perhaps you better should DJI design engineers since you know so much.
2020-11-15
Use props
Berhatz
lvl.4
Flight distance : 667575 ft
Russia

Labroides Posted at 11-15 04:12

Yep, because it’s the software only development
2020-11-15
Use props
unpluggeduk
lvl.2

United Kingdom

They won't.

Even if they optimised the drones code so that heat isn't an issue (that's if you buy it even was one in the first place) it's specced as a 2k Drone and now they have a 4k Drone they wouldn't as it would detract from sales.
2020-11-15
Use props
Scarves UP
First Officer
Flight distance : 372992 ft
United States

Hah, they should first fix the app itself, then the 4k. Would be nice though.
2020-11-15
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Australia

Berhatz Posted at 11-15 04:15

I guess it must be if a bunch on know-nothings on the forum keep repeating it.
2020-11-15
Use props
GaryDoug
First Officer
Flight distance : 1264639 ft
  • >>>
United States

Berhatz Posted at 11-15 04:15
Yep, because it’s the software only development

<<<< electrical engineer...... Just because the camera is capable of 4k doesn't mean the hardware conveying the data is capable. What you are saying is just guesswork.
2020-11-15
Use props
Cients
Second Officer
Portugal

Labroides Posted at 11-15 04:12
This is only software development.

2020-11-18
Use props
Cients
Second Officer
Portugal

2020-11-18
Use props
Cients
Second Officer
Portugal

Labroides Posted at 11-15 15:59
Yep, because it’s the software only development
I guess it must be if a bunch on know-nothings on the forum keep repeating it.

Probably your are right. But do you have any evidence that is not possible?
2020-11-18
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Australia

Cients Posted at 11-18 16:45
Probably your are right. But do you have any evidence that is not possible?

I don't have direct evidence, but neither do those that want to insist it is so,

If it was as simple as a software issue, DJI would have done it back at the release of the Mini because it would have been a good selling point.
A year later, they still haven't, which strongly suggests that it's not that simple.

The Phantom 4 Pro and Phantom 4 Advanced had identical cameras except that the camera on the pro had an extra chip to process the 4K video and a fan to deal with the additional heat generated.
I wouldn't be surprised if it's a similar situation with the Mini/Mini 2.
2020-11-18
Use props
EHEA
lvl.4
Flight distance : 363960 ft
Germany

Ok, but raw photo support at least...c'mon , that can't be so hard and would hardly keep people from buying the Mini2.

2020-11-19
Use props
TMvideo
lvl.3
Ukraine

At least panorama option. It depends fully on Fly app and looks like script with actions for drone.
Rotate camera and make photos 3x3 or serie for 360 degree pano (ev bracketing would be perfect too).
No problem to stitch them lately with other dedicated software.
2020-11-19
Use props
Cients
Second Officer
Portugal

Well, I would prefer a specific answer by DJI, because Mini is only one year old. There is no reason for, for example, not improving certain aspects of the App and some errors generated by the software.
I feel a little bit betrayed. Bought the Mini only 3 months ago...
2020-11-19
Use props
Cients
Second Officer
Portugal

TMvideo Posted at 11-19 12:17
At least panorama option. It depends fully on Fly app and looks like script with actions for drone.
Rotate camera and make photos 3x3 or serie for 360 degree pano (ev bracketing would be perfect too).
No problem to stitch them lately with other dedicated software.

2020-11-19
Use props
Cients
Second Officer
Portugal

EHEA Posted at 11-19 08:35
Ok, but raw photo support at least...c'mon , that can't be so hard and would hardly keep people from buying the Mini2.

2020-11-19
Use props
djiuser_RIeSM3mAo5mf
lvl.4
Flight distance : 542083 ft
Spain

It Was a Time where we must to understand that we Are ...ty money earned for them, but do not be sad, it's the same luck of ma2,mini2 and rest of future DJI drones, even I Am sure for camera and other products, its the dirty politic of DJI
2020-11-19
Use props
Cients
Second Officer
Portugal

djiuser_RIeSM3mAo5mf Posted at 11-19 16:32
It Was a Time where we must to understand that we Are ...ty money earned for them, but do not be sad, it's the same luck of ma2,mini2 and rest of future DJI drones, even I Am sure for camera and other products, its the dirty politic of DJI

Probably you are right on!
2020-11-19
Use props
Matthew Dobrski
First Officer
Flight distance : 1831050 ft
  • >>>
Canada

Cients Posted at 11-19 13:19
Well, I would prefer a specific answer by DJI, because Mini is only one year old. There is no reason for, for example, not improving certain aspects of the App and some errors generated by the software.
I feel a little bit betrayed. Bought the Mini only 3 months ago...

" ... I feel a little bit betrayed. Bought the Mini only 3 months ago ... "

But you knew what you're buying, didn't you? You've read the specs of this product, you compared them with higher end, more expensive models, and you decided to go for Mavic Mini, didn't you? Now you want a turbocharged engine, all-wheel drive and automatic transmission for free, don't you? What world did you came from ???
2020-11-19
Use props
Cients
Second Officer
Portugal

Matthew Dobrski Posted at 11-19 17:04
" ... I feel a little bit betrayed. Bought the Mini only 3 months ago ... "

But you knew what you're buying, didn't you? You've read the specs of this product, you compared them with higher end, more expensive models, and you decided to go for Mavic Mini, didn't you? Now you want a turbocharged engine, all-wheel drive and automatic transmission for free, don't you? What world did you came from ???

Thank you for your comment Matthew Dobrski. Actually, I don't have the same vision as you have.
If I knew 3 months ago that DJI was launching the new Mini 2, that was kept in secret, certainly myself and a lot of other consumers wouldn' have bought the Mini.
What I tried to stress is that acquired an article, a drone, which always have flaws in the first model, that is supposed to be corrected and maintained for a longer period of time. Which in this case, in my perspective, didn't happen, because it was the first time that DJI launched a model that only lasted 1 year.
And within 1 year the changes made by DJI were really huge (4k to 2.7k) and from 4Km to 10km.
But that's not the point, the problem here is that DJI still have possibilities to improve the specifications and capabilities of Mavic Mini, which was sold only last year, in order to show more respect and consideration to the consumers.

2020-11-20
Use props
Matthew Dobrski
First Officer
Flight distance : 1831050 ft
  • >>>
Canada

Cients Posted at 11-20 06:32
Thank you for your comment Matthew Dobrski. Actually, I don't have the same vision as you have.
If I knew 3 months ago that DJI was launching the new Mini 2, that was kept in secret, certainly myself and a lot of other consumers wouldn' have bought the Mini.
What I tried to stress is that acquired an article, a drone, which always have flaws in the first model, that is supposed to be corrected and maintained for a longer period of time. Which in this case, in my perspective, didn't happen, because it was the first time that DJI launched a model that only lasted 1 year.

"... the problem here is that DJI still have possibilities to improve the specifications and capabilities of Mavic Mini ..."

We don't have the knowledge or ways to confirm such assumption. But, even if that's possible within MM technology (which I doubt), why the manufacturer will fabricate and market a car with V6 engine and only 4 cylinders working? Please explain this absurdity ...
2020-11-20
Use props
Cients
Second Officer
Portugal

Probably you are right.
2020-11-20
Use props
A J
Captain
Flight distance : 13926112 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

How would correcting the fly app add 4K resolution to the camera on the drone recording the footage through a processor to the micro SD card stored on the drone? The app does not process the resolution of the camera - the drone does. The Mini has been succeeded by a new model advertised as having 4K - if you want 4K video on a DJI drone weighing less than 250g then that's your answer.
2020-11-20
Use props
JohnLietzke
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3125968 ft
United States

The original Mini is limited by both the camera and hardware image and video processing and no amount of code will render a 4K image or video.  DJI does not have the ability to programmatically exceed the hardware limitations.  

There are ways to render an image in 4K scale but not true 4K.  The image quality would be substantially degraded to the naked human eye even in smaller formats sizes.
2020-11-20
Use props
Cients
Second Officer
Portugal

A J Posted at 11-20 13:23
How would correcting the fly app add 4K resolution to the camera on the drone recording the footage through a processor to the micro SD card stored on the drone? The app does not process the resolution of the camera - the drone does. The Mini has been succeeded by a new model advertised as having 4K - if you want 4K video on a DJI drone weighing less than 250g then that's your answer.

2020-11-20
Use props
Cients
Second Officer
Portugal

JohnLietzke Posted at 11-20 13:26
The original Mini is limited by both the camera and hardware image and video processing and no amount of code will render a 4K image or video.  DJI does not have the ability to programmatically exceed the hardware limitations.  

There are ways to render an image in 4K scale but not true 4K.  The image quality would be substantially degraded to the naked human eye even in smaller formats sizes.

2020-11-20
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules