Mavic Air Crashed
390 6 2020-11-14
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Baseballfan7923
lvl.1
Flight distance : 26158 ft

United States

I am thinking my Mavic Air had a critical error which caused it to crash into trees early today. Is there anyway if I post the logs DJI would look at it and if it was an error would send me another one?
2020-11-14
Use props
xagoras
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1357589 ft
Greece

You could upload your logs to https://www.phantomhelp.com/logviewer/upload/ and the guys here could shed some light on what happened. Then you could make an educated decision on how to procced with DJI Support.
2020-11-14
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hello, there Baseballfan7923. Thank you for reaching out and I am sorry to read and to know what happened to your DJI Mavic Air. Since this unfortunate event happened I would recommend you to contact our DJI support team at https://www.dji.com/support?site=brandsite&from=nav for further assistance. We would do our best to find out the reason or root cause of the incident and then the corresponding resolution would be provided. Again, I am sorry for the trouble and thank you for your understanding.
2020-11-15
Use props
A J
Captain
Flight distance : 13926112 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Yeah, post the logs on here
2020-11-15
Use props
Baseballfan7923
lvl.1

United States

I had someone else on another forum reply and apparently this is what happened:

You had a battery cell failure in cell 2 ... already from the beginning of the flight cell 2 deviated major from cell 1 & 3. At 163sec into the flight you got the first warning in the app saying "Battery power limit will automatically reduce the aircraft's mobility to ensure flight safety" ... this after pushing the MA1 full in Sport mode.

Below in the chart you find the relevant data for this ... as seen by the blue graph (cell 2 voltage) it degrades major by your commanded speed (grey graph). At 199sec (where I have placed the markers in the chart) the voltage level in cell 2 is as low as 2,61V (below 3V it sustain permanent damage & Force landing will follow). The battery is from June 2018 ... & it's unknown how you have treated it (charge cycles, storage charge etc.) The battery warranty is usually 6 month ... so going for a warranty case towards DJI will be really hard.
2020-11-15
Use props
Baseballfan7923
lvl.1

United States

2020-11-15
Use props
Baseballfan7923
lvl.1

United States

I was able to get it out of the tree so I am all good thank you to all who responded.
2020-11-15
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules