Do-it-All or wireless module?
4931 8 2020-11-15
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Buckybuck
lvl.2
Flight distance : 24970 ft
United States

I’m a new Pocket 2 owner. I went with the basic package, deciding I’d maybe get the Do-It-All Handle when they becomes available again. Based on my use of action cameras, I’m never gonna use an external microphone. But now I’m wondering if I’d be just as well off with the original Osmo wireless module.  About all I’d ever use either one of these accessories for is remotely controlling the camera through the Mimo app or downloading image files from the Pocket to my iPad or Android phone. My understanding is I can do those tasks with either one of these accessories. Am I missing something? Anybody with any experience with both the Osmo wireless module and the Do-It-All handle have a preference?

2020-11-15
Use props
Psoon
lvl.4
Flight distance : 16279465 ft
  • >>>
Canada

Hands down, the Do-It-All Handle is the way to go since you've got the Pocket 2. For one thing the files transfer is more than 2x that of the older WiFi module, secondly, there's a built-in tripod socket. I won't bore you with the other features but the integral speaker and the headphone/external mic jack comes free with the handle.
2020-11-15
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there Buckybuck. Thank you for reaching out and for these information you have given. In addition to this post the DJI Pocket 2 Do-It-All Handle has a built-in Wi-Fi and Bluetooth module, wireless mic receiver, and 1/4" threaded hole. Connect it to the DJI Mimo application via Wi-Fi and you can control Pocket 2 from your smartphone. It can record sound wirelessly with the DJI Wireless Microphone Transmitter, or connect to external earphones/headphones via the 3.5mm audio adapter. When previewing footage, the built-in speaker can playback audio. The 1/4" threaded hole at the bottom is compatible with tripods and additional accessories. Thank you and keep on filming.

2020-11-15
Use props
Tide
First Officer
South Korea

You might not need either of them.
Get a long USB-C cable instead.
You can transfer file through it and remote control as well.

I used a cable with Pocket 1 and find it sufficient for 99% of my use cases. Also got wireless module with DJI credit but not really used it that much. (It lacks and skips control in crowded place because of the interference)
2020-11-15
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Tide Posted at 11-15 22:31

Good advice!
2020-11-15
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Tide Posted at 11-15 22:31

From what I have heard, the do it all handle is making a really sturdy connection which might be handy for connecting to a tripod (for timelapses)
2020-11-15
Use props
A J
Captain
Flight distance : 13926112 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Thanks for sharing
2020-11-16
Use props
djiuser_a574Hk4KKgRj
New

Pakistan

Mic for the iPad. Anyone with a Mic accessory for their iPhone can use it on their iPad without needing an adapter.
Mic is compatible with iMovie, GarageBand, Photo Booth, Chatter, etc. Want to make videos of your little brother eating pine needles? This is the accessory!

2021-11-16
Use props
HGDC84
Captain
Finland

It depends on use scenario. But I think in most cases, the DIA Handle is the better solution (due to points mentioned earlier in this thread, and I also like it because it makes the Pocket 2 more ergonomical to hold IMO).
2021-11-17
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules