Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Pocket 2 Wireless Audio is choppy and crackles
5327 27 2020-11-15
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
FLSouthPaw
lvl.1
Flight distance : 18333 ft
  • >>>
United States

My new out of the box and firmware updated (Firmware: v01.01.00.30) Pocket 2 is transmitting choppy audio and it has crackle sounds... It does it with just the transmitter mic alone and also my Rode smartLav+ (with TRRS to TRS adapter)... It will do it handheld and gets progressively worse the farther the distance. I have tried indoors and outdoors with same results. My SD card is a brand new SanDisk 128GB Extreme microSDXC card and I have tried others so doubtfull is SD card related.

I can provide sample video and audio if necessary.

I am sure this is not an isolated issue so anyone else with the same problem please post here.

DJI please respond with and feedback or if you are aware of this issue and when a possible fix will be available.

Regards,
Mark Lee

2020-11-15
Use props
Psoon
Second Officer
Flight distance : 16279465 ft
  • >>>
Canada

I'd be really choked if mine was acting up like that. The wireless mic function was one of the primary reasons for me buying the Pocket 2 as the older Pocket was rather lacking in the audio department. Thankfully, my Creator Combo kit is problem free; everything worked as advertised. Knocking on my forehead as I'm writing this

2020-11-15
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there Mark Lee. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. Can you please post a sample video showing the said issue for us to be able to see and assist you further. Thank you.
2020-11-15
Use props
FLSouthPaw
lvl.1
  • >>>
United States

OK Sure I have created a video with many clips showing the audio problems I am experiencing (and some others (Active Track still needs some work))... Watch on YouTube for more info in the description.

2020-11-16
Use props
FLSouthPaw
lvl.1
  • >>>
United States

OK so I have posted a video with clips of the bad audio transmission which occurs with just the wireless transmitter mic alone and also with external lav mic attached (tried 3 different mics as of now and still get bad audio transmission) It seems others are also having the same issues...
2020-11-19
Use props
A J
Captain
Flight distance : 13838848 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

FLSouthPaw Posted at 11-16 17:20
OK Sure I have created a video with many clips showing the audio problems I am experiencing (and some others (Active Track still needs some work))... Watch on YouTube for more info in the description.

https://youtu.be/o6MqghScc5k

Thanks for sharing
2020-11-19
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9812789 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

FLSouthPaw Posted at 11-19 09:19
OK so I have posted a video with clips of the bad audio transmission which occurs with just the wireless transmitter mic alone and also with external lav mic attached (tried 3 different mics as of now and still get bad audio transmission) It seems others are also having the same issues...

There is something wrong there. Mine works better than my rode wireless, you might want to return.
2020-11-19
Use props
FLSouthPaw
lvl.1
  • >>>
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 11-19 11:09
There is something wrong there. Mine works better than my rode wireless, you might want to return.

I have until the end of January to do and exchange on Amazon... I want to see if more people come forward with same issue...
2020-11-19
Use props
Blellow
Captain
Flight distance : 1311056 ft
  • >>>
United States

It was stated this would be fixed next firmware.
2020-11-19
Use props
FLSouthPaw
lvl.1
  • >>>
United States

Blellow Posted at 11-19 12:56
It was stated this would be fixed next firmware.

I read here about slight interference as getting fixed but garbled and cracking audio transmission is a different issue...
2020-11-19
Use props
DVD Mansion
lvl.3
Canada

I have the same issue...I also have a faint hissing sound in the background when using the external mic and I am not the only one, many other YouTubers have the same issue here is my example

2020-11-23
Use props
DJI-ytao
DJI R&D Squad
Flight distance : 1209413 ft
  • >>>
Hong Kong

Hi, FLSouthPaw. DVD Mansion

We will do a firmware update to fix the issue.

Plz contact DJI support for this issue. we will deliver a beta firmware for quick fix.
2020-11-24
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Hi FLSouthPaw, I have sent you the link to the beta firmware in PM, please download the firmware and put it in the root category of the SD card. Please keep us updated about the result.
2020-11-24
Use props
FLSouthPaw
lvl.1
  • >>>
United States

DJI Susan Posted at 11-24 22:28
Hi FLSouthPaw, I have sent you the link to the beta firmware in PM, please download the firmware and put it in the root category of the SD card. Please keep us updated about the result.

Thank you... I have downloaded the beta firmware and will install and test today...
2020-11-25
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

FLSouthPaw Posted at 11-25 06:07
Thank you... I have downloaded the beta firmware and will install and test today...

Thank you, look forward to your update.
2020-11-25
Use props
Yayoastur
First Officer
Spain

why do you use the trs adapter for the smartlav +? I have this lavalier mic and i dont need this adapter and it works fine.
2020-11-25
Use props
FLSouthPaw
lvl.1
  • >>>
United States

Yayoastur Posted at 11-25 09:12
why do you use the trs adapter for the smartlav +? I have this lavalier mic and i dont need this adapter and it works fine.

Yes I am aware that the DJI Wireless Microphone Transmitter can handle either TRS or TRRS mics (I just keep the adapter on because I usually use it in my Tascam DR-07X which is only TRS input)... I have tested the Rode Smartlav+ with the TRRS to TRS adapter and also without... along with a few other mics and experience the same audio transmission issues... DJI has sent me link for beta firmware which I will be testing soon...
2020-11-25
Use props
Yayoastur
First Officer
Spain

FLSouthPaw Posted at 11-25 09:56
Yes I am aware that the DJI Wireless Microphone Transmitter can handle either TRS or TRRS mics (I just keep the adapter on because I usually use it in my Tascam DR-07X which is only TRS input)... I have tested the Rode Smartlav+ with the TRRS to TRS adapter and also without... along with a few other mics and experience the same audio transmission issues... DJI has sent me link for beta firmware which I will be testing soon...

Ok! .hopefully the new firmware fixes it.
2020-11-25
Use props
djiuser_KQNxX2Mzz8hU
lvl.1
India

DJI Susan Posted at 11-24 22:28

Hi, I am facing the exactly same issue with my DJI Pocket 2. I hear a crackling noise in the audio recorded using the wireless audio recorder provided with the DJI Pocket 2. Do you mind sending me the link to the beta firmware to fix this issue?
2020-11-30
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

djiuser_KQNxX2Mzz8hU Posted at 11-30 06:28
Hi, I am facing the exactly same issue with my DJI Pocket 2. I hear a crackling noise in the audio recorded using the wireless audio recorder provided with the DJI Pocket 2. Do you mind sending me the link to the beta firmware to fix this issue?

Hi there, I had sent the link to you in PM, please check the message.
2020-12-3
Use props
DVD Mansion
lvl.3
Canada

DJI-ytao Posted at 11-24 18:51
Hi, FLSouthPaw. DVD Mansion

We will do a firmware update to fix the issue.

Do you have a link of their support or can someone send me the new firmware either by email or here in a pm? My email is dualped@gmail.com

Thank you
2020-12-5
Use props
FLSouthPaw
lvl.1
  • >>>
United States

The beta firmware update did NOT change my issues with the crackling or garbled audio... it seems when the transmitter moves in relation to the camera while even 2 or 3 feet away then there is some signal loss resulting in choppy or missed audio... it is random so no way to pinpoint anything... could it be interference from another bluetooth device in range (like a watch or other phone)?
2020-12-6
Use props
Dualped
lvl.3
Canada

FLSouthPaw Posted at 12-6 07:29
The beta firmware update did NOT change my issues with the crackling or garbled audio... it seems when the transmitter moves in relation to the camera while even 2 or 3 feet away then there is some signal loss resulting in choppy or missed audio... it is random so no way to pinpoint anything... could it be interference from another bluetooth device in range (like a watch or other phone)?

Ok thx for the response.
2020-12-6
Use props
Dualped
lvl.3
Canada

DVD Mansion Posted at 2020-11-23 21:44
I have the same issue...I also have a faint hissing sound in the background when using the external mic and I am not the only one, many other YouTubers have the same issue here is my example

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EDlhF9bBhIQ&t=1s&ab_channel=ChrisDallasDualped

Guys I am happy to report that with the new firmware update the faint audio issue we were getting in the background has now disappeared and it is a clean signal.

I do want to state though that when I put the wide angle lens on I still have the vibration & it is not useable at all :-( and even if I wanted to use it with the vibration happening the lens shuts down so it can't be used..is there a fix for this? Is anyone else have this problem? This problem existed in my Pocket 2 even from the original firmware and it is still there.
The new firmware is

Date: 2021.01.05
Firmware: V01.02.00.50
2021-1-15
Use props
Dualped
lvl.3
Canada

This firmware has fixed the audio hissing that I had BUT it has introduced a NEW PROBLEM darn!

2021-1-19
Use props
Toros Kae
lvl.1
Germany

Hi, we also have a similar sound issues with wireless microphone, very disappointing and hardly reproduced.
DJI please put attention.
Who faced with this problem, could it be the hardware problem?

Video on Russian, but it doesn't matter.
Here is the example: https://disk.yandex.ru/i/4NbQAFqBe-dF4A
2021-5-2
Use props
djiuser_LCWNCRxWWG9Q
New
Flight distance : 679554 ft
Russia

DJI pocket 2 просто перестал записывать звук есть решение данной проблемы?
2022-10-11
Use props
Alien433
Second Officer
Flight distance : 23054 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Better leave dji for cameras they are only good for drones..i bought insta360 much better
2022-10-13
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules