Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Controlling focus through Raveneye
8194 13 2020-11-16
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Zakkorn
lvl.4
Flight distance : 669442 ft
Greece

Can we control focus of the camera through Raveneye app?
With small steps.
Like we do with the front wheel of the gimbal.
2020-11-16
Use props
Rick E.
lvl.1

United States

I have the same question! I was not able to find any way to do this... Seems really odd that this feature is missing.  You can control so many aspects of the connected camera except for a crucial one like focus? I can understand thinking that the user can put the camera in full time autofocus for video, but they include a still mode in the app?  Most (if not all) cameras focus during the half press of the shutter button.  The camera control button on the gimbal supports the half press, why doesn't the app?
2020-11-16
Use props
YannParodi
lvl.1
Belgium

I think this could be added by firmware upgrade or at least app upgrade. Please DJI would you consider it ?
2021-1-15
Use props
iMauro
lvl.2
Flight distance : 965194 ft
Italy

Also I have not found this function
2021-2-10
Use props
kikevite
lvl.2
Spain

With the new app and firmware update, this is now possible
2021-2-10
Use props
iMauro
lvl.2
Flight distance : 965194 ft
Italy

Are you shure? How?
2021-2-10
Use props
kikevite
lvl.2
Spain

You must first click on this icon

And then, in this section

Here you can activate a dial on the screen to control the focus while watching the image on the screen.
2021-2-11
Use props
Reibs
lvl.2
Flight distance : 16539 ft
Canada

I don’t think so, this part of the app is for controlling the focus motor which is triggered by the front wheel.  
2021-10-14
Use props
teo3vs
lvl.1

Italy

This just partially solves my problem. It just works with the external focus motor, not with the in-camera focus as you can also do with the front wheel.

I would need to have the camera far away and would like to use the dji focus motor for the zoom and the in-camera focus for controlling focus. And being able to map those controls to a game controller would probably be the most obvious thing to do in many situations.
2022-1-16
Use props
Nikyukuu
lvl.1
Germany

This feature would be a great addition! Please make electronic focus via RavenEye happen, DJI!
2022-2-16
Use props
JB98
New

Portugal

teo3vs Posted at 1-16 09:19
This just partially solves my problem. It just works with the external focus motor, not with the in-camera focus as you can also do with the front wheel.

I would need to have the camera far away and would like to use the dji focus motor for the zoom and the in-camera focus for controlling focus. And being able to map those controls to a game controller would probably be the most obvious thing to do in many situations.

Have you been able to find a work arround? There’s A system from middle things, that might work, but we where looking for a cheapear option, also thinking of using the focus motor as zoom, but then, we cant have the focus, we can probably have the one click to focus on the main app, but that would envolve not doing everything on one controller..
2022-3-3
Use props
JB98
New

Portugal

teo3vs Posted at 1-16 09:19

Have you been able to find a work arround? There’s A system from middle things, that might work, but we where looking for a cheapear option, also thinking of using the focus motor as zoom, but then, we cant have the focus, we can probably have the one click to focus on the main app, but that would envolve not doing everything on one controller..
2022-3-3
Use props
marjanos
lvl.1

Poland

yes this missing feature is really dissapoing.. to be honest for me raveneye is useless.. i can use imaging edge mobile app for my sony a7s3 which has focusing by touching a phone's screen. dji please make it right and release a firmware upgrade!
2022-12-21
Use props
rileycoyote
lvl.2
Netherlands

it is possible. i have done it before you get a lil rocker on the right side. i'll try to find it
2022-12-22
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules