DJI Fly app for android ?? Which version ?
464 8 2020-11-16
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
gfab71
First Officer
Flight distance : 492874 ft
  • >>>
Italy

Just for info, I use a Redmi Note 7 previously with the Mini ,
and today connecting the Mini 2 for the first time with this smartphone connected at the rc,

and using the DJI Fly App downloaded from the Play Store, he told me ' device not supported',
before entering the app itself, and stopped at that screen, without being able to continue in the app.

So i deleted this version of the app from my mobile device, and re-installed it from the DJI site, scanning the QR code in the DJI Mini 2 manual,

and now it works correctly without problems.
This version is different from the one found on the play store ??
How will it work for updates? the Play Store version will also be corrected ?

2020-11-16
Use props
gfab71
First Officer
  • >>>
Italy

Has it happened to any of you?
2020-11-16
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

gfab71 Posted at 11-16 04:48
Has it happened to any of you?

Sorry, never had that issue.
2020-11-16
Use props
videoeditman
Second Officer
Flight distance : 6713271 ft
United States

Can you compare the version #s between the 2 sites, also sometimes reloading can fix an issue.
2020-11-16
Use props
JohnDG
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1097270 ft
Malaysia

videoeditman Posted at 11-16 12:43
Can you compare the version #s between the 2 sites, also sometimes reloading can fix an issue.

The size of the earlier released versions on the google store are often smaller than those on the dji website a couple of days later. Same version number thou.
I get the impression those that were put on the store are 64bit only and those at the website holds the 32 and 64 bit versions in the same file. Installation depending on the device architecture.
2020-11-16
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there gfab71. Thank you for reaching out and for posting these information here at DJI Forum. Just a reminder that the mobile device needs to be 64-bit, otherwise the DJI Fly application is not compatible with the Android distribution and will not work. For reference I will post a link where in you can find the list of recommended mobile devices for the DJI Mini 2 and for the DJI Fly application ( https://www.dji.com/mini-2/downloads ). Thank you and fly safe always.
2020-11-16
Use props
GaryDoug
First Officer
Flight distance : 1264639 ft
  • >>>
United States

It happens to me all the time, especially if you are using a non-approved device. When that is true, the Play Store usually "shows" me the earlier version only. I have one device that is non-approved and always use the apk file for updates. Keep in mind that a device that works for the Mini may not work for the Mini 2 or MA2 because of the higher transfer rates. My non-approved Samsung Tab A works for the Mini but not the others and always requires manual installation of updates.
2020-11-16
Use props
gfab71
First Officer
  • >>>
Italy

My Redmi Note 7 worked well with the previous DJI Fly app (from Play Store),
and now works well with the Mini 2 using the DJI Fly apk downloaded from the link
on the DJI website.
I think if my device works with this version, finally has to work also with the Play Store
version..
2020-11-16
Use props
gfab71
First Officer
  • >>>
Italy

DJI Stephen Posted at 11-16 19:57
Hello there gfab71. Thank you for reaching out and for posting these information here at DJI Forum. Just a reminder that the mobile device needs to be 64-bit, otherwise the DJI Fly application is not compatible with the Android distribution and will not work. For reference I will post a link where in you can find the list of recommended mobile devices for the DJI Mini 2 and for the DJI Fly application ( https://www.dji.com/mini-2/downloads ). Thank you and fly safe always.

My Redmi Note 7 it's a 64 bit device..
I don't understand why the two versions of DJI Fly app are different... or just the one on the Play Store wasn't up to date...
Now with your site version it works well
2020-11-16
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules