Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Smart Controller Support for DJI Mini 2
123Next >
22572 98 2020-11-16
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
ZeuS-FL
Captain
Flight distance : 5782044 ft
  • >>>
United States

Do any one know when the SC will suport the DJI Mini 2?

Please DJI hear our voices !!
2020-11-16
Use props
FlyRacer
First Officer
Flight distance : 281880 ft
  • >>>
Germany

it shouldn't take so long because the fly app is already on the sc, but you never know, maybe we have to wait again mounths for the update
2020-11-16
Use props
Western Boris
New

Finland

I will buy Smart controller as soon as it will work with Mini 2.
Hopefully its happening soon.
2020-11-16
Use props
Lucent
lvl.1
Flight distance : 99862 ft
  • >>>
United States

This is concerning. https://twitter.com/DJISupport/status/1326823886084694018 Hope to hear an official response as to whether and when it'll be supported.
2020-11-16
Use props
dronespilot
Captain
Flight distance : 1392995 ft
  • >>>
United States

It took DJI a about 3-4 months to get the MA2 to be compatible with the Smart Controller and I am afraid this will be the case with the MM2.
2020-11-16
Use props
dronespilot
Captain
  • >>>
United States

Lucent Posted at 11-16 18:11
This is concerning. https://twitter.com/DJISupport/status/1326823886084694018 Hope to hear an official response as to whether and when it'll be supported.

I hope they’re referring to it not currently compatible...
2020-11-16
Use props
ZeuS-FL
Captain
  • >>>
United States

dronespilot Posted at 11-16 19:23
It took DJI a about 3-4 months to get the MA2 to be compatible with the Smart Controller and I am afraid this will be the case with the MM2.

The challenge with the MA2 was make the DJI app work with the Smart Controller. Now is a different story since both use the same app. I don't think is the case.
2020-11-16
Use props
dronespilot
Captain
  • >>>
United States

ZeuS-FL Posted at 11-16 19:29
The challenge with the MA2 was make the DJI app work with the Smart Controller. Now is a different story since both use the same app. I don't think is the case.

I agree and I hope we will see the update soon then I can decide to upgrade
2020-11-16
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there ZeuS-FL. Thank you for reaching out and for the inquiry. This information has already been forwarded to our DJI R&D Team and as of the moment the DJI Mini 2 is not compatible with the DJI Smart Controller. Kindly please stay tuned to the latest DJI Mini 2 updates by subscribing to DJI official website at www.dji.com or following us on social media ( Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/DJI , Twitter: https://twitter.com/djiglobal , YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/user/djiinnovations ). Thank you for your support and please stay safe always.
2020-11-17
Use props
Monkey007
Captain
Flight distance : 73775046 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Got my Mini 2 yesterday, very happy with its flight characteristics, it simply makes the Mavic Air1 look like absolute junk!  Can't imagine how much nicer it will be if it can be flown with the smart controller! Please make it happen DJI.
2020-11-17
Use props
ZeuS-FL
Captain
  • >>>
United States

Amen !!!!!!!!!
2020-11-17
Use props
ZeuS-FL
Captain
  • >>>
United States

I just found this from another place but looks like very good news. First time someone from DJI confirm is coming !!!!
2020-11-19
Use props
Lucent
lvl.1
  • >>>
United States

Anyone tried sideloading the Play Store to install DJI Fly and connect that way?
2020-11-22
Use props
Mavic2018
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1544065 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Lucent Posted at 11-22 18:04
Anyone tried sideloading the Play Store to install DJI Fly and connect that way?

DJI Fly is already Smart Controller compatible as the Mavic Air 2 uses the app on the controller.  I think its more an update for the controller to also work with the Mini 2.  I don't believe its an app issue as such.
2020-11-22
Use props
dronespilot
Captain
  • >>>
United States

ZeuS-FL Posted at 11-19 15:21
I just found this from another place but looks like very good news. First time someone from DJI confirm is coming !!!!
[view_image]

That's good news.
2020-11-22
Use props
dronespilot
Captain
  • >>>
United States

I did that three months before the release of the MA2 firmware update, but with the SC firmware update, the Fly App was installed by default. So I don't think you need to do it now because once the Mini 2 firmware update for the SC is released, the FLY app should install with it.
2020-11-22
Use props
JohnDG
Captain
Flight distance : 1097270 ft
Malaysia

I did. Fly 1.2.1 on my SC, but the SC won't let me select a Mini2.

It is more than just the software, the firmware of the SC need to be updated.
2020-11-23
Use props
ZeuS-FL
Captain
  • >>>
United States

The aircraft management (built in the firmware) needs to be able to recognize the aircraft binding it, then the software will recognize it. I am sure the problem is not the DJI Fly App at this point. Is more a firmware update be able to do it. I don't think is a big deal.
2020-11-23
Use props
phramick
lvl.1
Flight distance : 4053691 ft
Australia

Right after my DJI Smart Controller (Black thing with a bright screen built-in), upgraded itself to be compatible with Mavic Air 2, it stopped responding when i plug it into PC running DJI Assistant 2. Often the USB animation would work, but nothing. I watched the connection happen on Device Manager (Windows 10).. also nothing. Is this a thing for you guys too? I hope the thing knows how to update itself by Wi-Fi once the Mini 2 firmware is released!
2020-11-26
Use props
Monkey007
Captain
  • >>>
Australia

phramick Posted at 11-26 06:13
Right after my DJI Smart Controller (Black thing with a bright screen built-in), upgraded itself to be compatible with Mavic Air 2, it stopped responding when i plug it into PC running DJI Assistant 2. Often the USB animation would work, but nothing. I watched the connection happen on Device Manager (Windows 10).. also nothing. Is this a thing for you guys too? I hope the thing knows how to update itself by Wi-Fi once the Mini 2 firmware is released!

Happened a few weeks ago when I did the firmware update by plugging the Smart Controller to my Windows 7 laptop, no response  and no action can be seen in device manager. And not only that, all the 3 USB ports on the same side of my laptop stopped working; regardless of what devices I plugged in; USB drives, mouse...& etc. I then found an error in the USB 3 host controller driver in device manager which Windows wasn't able to fix, so I had to wipe out my whole hard disk and restored. But everything seems to be working after that.
2020-11-26
Use props
cagey
lvl.1
Flight distance : 704206 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Right after my DJI Smart Controller (Black thing with a bright screen built-in), upgraded itself to be compatible with Mavic Air 2, it stopped responding when i plug it into PC running DJI Assistant 2. Often the USB animation would work, but nothing. I watched the connection happen on Device Manager (Windows 10).. also nothing. Is this a thing for you guys too? I hope the thing knows how to update itself by Wi-Fi once the Mini 2 firmware is released!

I had a problem connecting to the SC, but found an updated version of DJI Assistant (‘Consumer Drone Series’ released early November 2020)). No problems once I updated to the new Version. In fact I can now use one app for all my drones and the SC.
2020-11-26
Use props
Lucent
lvl.1
  • >>>
United States

https://twitter.com/DJISupport/status/1330724742026862592

Another concerning tweet.
2020-11-29
Use props
Monkey007
Captain
  • >>>
Australia

Shouldn't worry too much about what these guys say; you would get this very same response if you asked about a product one day before its official launch. Some might think DJI never promised the Mini2 will be compatible with the Smart Controller. However, it is clearly on the Smart Controller's description that it will be compatible with any future drones using Occusync 2.0; so it is good enough a reason to demand a refund from DJI if it doesn't.
2020-11-29
Use props
djiuser_LJbqSe30vS8h
lvl.1

United States

Smart controller support for Mini 2 makes sense for those who already own a SC w/ other DJI drone(s) - and those want to add the mini 2 to their collection or fleet. The number of these users may be a very small percentage - and may not have ROI to support SC.

Think about it, the SC is almost twice as much as a Mini 2 cost wise. Mini 2 is targeted at the newbie or starter drone demographic and from a business perspective, it doesn't make sense to support the mini 2 for that crowd. It could also be that DJI want to push consumers who want SC - to buy the MA2 instead.

You can see they added support for MA2 and now sell a MA2 bundle w/ SC - However, the cost is only about $300 more than their fly more package. This is reasonable for most who see value in the SC in that market segment, who is more likely to upgrade to M2 series now or future versions of it.

Where as it is highly unlikely most mini 2 owners will upgrade to M2 series. There are exceptions, of course, and may be even 20% may upgrade. That still leaves 80% who won't.
2020-12-27
Use props
JohnDG
Captain
Malaysia

Right after my DJI Smart Controller (Black thing with a bright screen built-in), upgraded itself to be compatible with Mavic Air 2, it stopped responding when i plug it into PC running DJI Assistant 2. Often the USB animation would work, but nothing. I watched the connection happen on Device Manager (Windows 10).. also nothing. Is this a thing for you guys too? I hope the thing knows how to update itself by Wi-Fi once the Mini 2 firmware is released!

No problem with mine. Also Win10 and latest firmware on the SC.

Try another USB port on your pc or another USB-cable.
2020-12-27
Use props
JohnDG
Captain
Malaysia

djiuser_LJbqSe30vS8h Posted at 12-27 17:09
Smart controller support for Mini 2 makes sense for those who already own a SC w/ other DJI drone(s) - and those want to add the mini 2 to their collection or fleet. The number of these users may be a very small percentage - and may not have ROI to support SC.

Think about it, the SC is almost twice as much as a Mini 2 cost wise. Mini 2 is targeted at the newbie or starter drone demographic and from a business perspective, it doesn't make sense to support the mini 2 for that crowd. It could also be that DJI want to push consumers who want SC - to buy the MA2 instead.

That is true. Nobody who bought the MM2 will want to buy a controller twice as costly as the drone itself.

A number of M2P, M2Z or MA2 users have bought the MM2 and have already the SC. The Fly 1.2.2 app, compatible with MA2 and MM2 works now on the SC. It is a question of putting up some parameters in the firmware of the SC.

But, indeed, it's not priority for DJI to do this. So, we're not going to see this happen soon, I guess.
2020-12-27
Use props
The Saint
Captain
Flight distance : 5575873 ft
  • >>>
United States

please let us know how 1.2.2 on the sc is working out for ma2.
2020-12-28
Use props
DroneJunkieQc
Captain
Flight distance : 1015679 ft
  • >>>
Canada

I hear you I'm so waiting for that Update.
2020-12-30
Use props
DroneJunkieQc
Captain
Flight distance : 1015679 ft
  • >>>
Canada

JohnDG Posted at 12-27 19:57
That is true. Nobody who bought the MM2 will want to buy a controller twice as costly as the drone itself.

A number of M2P, M2Z or MA2 users have bought the MM2 and have already the SC. The Fly 1.2.2 app, compatible with MA2 and MM2 works now on the SC. It is a question of putting up some parameters in the firmware of the SC.

You would be surprised. lol
But it should also be a universal Controller for all Occusync 2.0 Drones.
I'm sure they working on it.
2020-12-30
Use props
Monkey007
Captain
  • >>>
Australia

DroneJunkieQc Posted at 12-30 20:45
You would be surprised. lol
But it should also be a universal Controller for all Occusync 2.0 Drones.
I'm sure they working on it.

Yes, DJI has to make the Smart Controller compatible with the Mini2,  it was originally in its product overview that it will support all future drones with Occusync 2.0. DJI quietly changed the wording not that long ago and people seem to have forgotten about it.
2020-12-30
Use props
JohnDG
Captain
Malaysia

Monkey007 Posted at 12-30 21:30
Yes, DJI has to make the Smart Controller compatible with the Mini2,  it was originally in its product overview that it will support all future drones with Occusync 2.0. DJI quietly changed the wording not that long ago and people seem to have forgotten about it.

True !

They also said they would keep the versions of the apps on the SC updated with the rest.

But with the M2P, M2Z and even the MA2 it was worth to buy an SC. In case of the MM2 it is quite a price difference from the drone itself. It is intresting for those (like myself) who have the SC for another drone, to have it compatible with the SC. From commercial view, they won't sell more SC because people want to use it with their MM2.

I definitly hope with you that we soon get compatibility with the MM2. One controller to rule them all.
2020-12-31
Use props
The Saint
Captain
Flight distance : 5575873 ft
  • >>>
United States

Monkey007 Posted at 12-30 21:30

people have probably forgotten because they understand a company is allowed to change their mind and adjust their product roadmap without prior notice and checking in with the people.  impossible to know the future and technical challenges ahead.  if someone is trying to hold dji to this then it's likely going forward you won't get visibility to anymore predictions from dji.  or you'll start to see a bunch of "we think" and "we believe" and "we're not sure right now"  and "maybe" at the same time they already have and are testing out the product and we don't want that.
2020-12-31
Use props
Monkey007
Captain
  • >>>
Australia

The Saint Posted at 12-31 13:39
people have probably forgotten because they understand a company is allowed to change their mind and adjust their product roadmap without prior notice and checking in with the people.  impossible to know the future and technical challenges ahead.  if someone is trying to hold dji to this then it's likely going forward you won't get visibility to anymore predictions from dji.  or you'll start to see a bunch of "we think" and "we believe" and "we're not sure right now"  and "maybe" at the same time they already have and are testing out the product and we don't want that.

We probably won't even see the 'we think' or 'we believe', because they'll just stick with 'thank you for reaching out, we'll forward your requests to our engineers'...
2020-12-31
Use props
ZeuS-FL
Captain
  • >>>
United States

What make me mad is that DJI to sell you the smart controller, they promise this controller will be compatible with any future drone with Ocusync 2 and they are not granting their promises.
2020-12-31
Use props
frankymusik
Captain
Flight distance : 27713973 ft
  • >>>
Germany

JohnDG Posted at 2020-12-31 06:53
True !

They also said they would keep the versions of the apps on the SC updated with the rest.

2021-1-1
Use props
nanditon1hotmail.com
lvl.1
Flight distance : 114482 ft
  • >>>
Spain

Dji have the ability to make mini 2 work with smart controller in two minutes.....
2021-1-1
Use props
fans0969f694
lvl.1

Netherlands

I also bought the controller so that I can use it on future models. And I bought the Mini 2 because it is using the same connection technology. So, DJI, keep your promise and make the Mini 2 compatible with the smart controller or we have to conclude that your promises are worthless. This is not the way to treat loyal customers!
2021-1-4
Use props
djiuser_qZaFCMLVViHU
New
United States

I’m anxiously hoping and waiting too. I love the combination of the MA2 with the Smart Controller. To only have to deal with one controller for both would be so much more convenient. Just got the Mini 2 and it’s been really impressive for such a little drone. But after having the smart controller for my MA2, it was a bit of a drag to go back to using my phone and dealing with all of the added set up.
2021-1-9
Use props
rdickinson
lvl.1
  • >>>
United States

I would like to upgrade to a Mini 2 or a Mini 2 with SC. Waiting for support upgrade. Nothing as of yet hopefully soon.
2021-1-13
Use props
djiuser_it7X7nVbuZAt
New

United States

I bought the mini 2 under the assumption that the smart controller would work. Now I find it doesn't makes me wish I hadn't have purchased it. Got me that time, shame on you.
2021-1-19
Use props
123Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules