Update worries
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
philby1
lvl.1

Israel

I have read a great deal about the dangers of updating the Phantom 3 Advanced on these forums and others.  As a new P3A owner - I have to say that I and really worried about doing something wrong and throwing my money way.

Myqueastion is this - do I have do all the updates sequentially or can I skip one and just do the very latest.  I don't have my P3 yet - it will arrive on Thursday which gives me the weekend to update, calibtate and get ready for flying.
2015-6-28
Use props
DMB2015
lvl.2

Canada

i am not 100% sure, but i would think you only have to update to the latest version that shows in the DJI support site, which currently is v1.2.6.   Being that the previous versions are no longer listed I'm not sure how you would go about attempting to update them.  But again just my $.02 worth.
2015-6-28
Use props
clive.cook67
lvl.2

United Kingdom

Hi,

If your phantom comes with the latest firmware of 1.2.6 then i would not fly it until there has been a new firmware update that will hooefully resolve all the bugs of 1.2.6.
2015-6-28
Use props
droneflyers.com
lvl.4
Flight distance : 60709 ft
  • >>>
United States

clive.cook67@vi Posted at 2015-6-29 01:36
Hi,

If your phantom comes with the latest firmware of 1.2.6 then i would not fly it until there has ...

Really?

I think he will be fine - there are many thousands flying with the new FW.

It would be prudent to turn VPS off as most reported glitches concern VPS (I've had it turned off since long ago anyway).
2015-6-28
Use props
Total
lvl.4
Flight distance : 336480 ft
Canada

clive.cook67@vi Posted at 2015-6-29 01:36
Hi,

If your phantom comes with the latest firmware of 1.2.6 then i would not fly it until there has ...

I have been flying with the new firmware , with no issues ...
2015-6-28
Use props
headkumquat
lvl.3
Flight distance : 16060 ft
Canada

Using IOS Ipad Mini 2 with all updates (firmware and latest Pilot App), with VPS turned off. Rock solid with no issues. Should also add that I have a P3A.
2015-6-28
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules