USA - Only Seeing 3 Channels (1,2, & 8)????
8877 10 2020-11-17
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
RGMGFitness
First Officer
Flight distance : 233757 ft
  • >>>
United States

Hi Guys,

Something I only recently noticed.  When I'm looking into my 'DJI FPV Goggles', and I'm within the 'Player' menu of the goggles (screen shot below) I should be seeing Channels 1 - 8 (8 Channels Total).

However, I'm only seeing Channel 1, 2, 8 (public).   I'm in the USA so should be FCC settings (they were bought brand new from DJI).  Also, included is a page from the DJI FPV Goggles User Manual confirming I should be seeing 8 Channels.   

So why am I NOT seeing l eight channels?  Any thoughts?  Yes, I'm running all the latest firmware.
I'm Using Current Firmware (all units):

• Date: 2020.07.08
  • Air Unit Firmware: v01.00.06.00
  • Goggles Firmware: v01.00.06.00
  • Remote Controller Firmware: v01.00.06.00

1.jpg
2.jpg
2020-11-17
Use props
RGMGFitness
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

After a little more digging in the DJI Digital FPV SYstem User Manual (Page 12), I see this may be the issue but not sure why a system sold to me in the USA would be on the "MIC" setting by default.   I know they're is a 'work-around' to change the region by downloading a .txt file to my Air Unit.  But still doesn't explain why my units are not defaulting to FCC in the USA?

2020-11-17
Use props
RGMGFitness
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Additionally, my DJI FPV AIr Units HAVE been connected to 'DJI Assistant 2' APP so should have updated to my current region.  Somethings not right here??  

On one final note....I've also tested this on multiple quads (I have 3) and I'm never seeing more than 3 channels, no matter which quad is powered.  Again, I'm in the USA (New Jersey).  Very odd.....

Cut/Paste from Page 13 (from DJI FPV System User Manual)

2020-11-17
Use props
freehotdawgs
lvl.2

United States

Are you using 50mb/s mode? because that cuts the number of channels down because it uses two at the same time.  Otherwise look up the "hack" to force it into FCC mode and enable higher MW settings.
2020-11-17
Use props
RGMGFitness
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

freehotdawgs Posted at 11-17 16:51
Are you using 50mb/s mode? because that cuts the number of channels down because it uses two at the same time.  Otherwise look up the "hack" to force it into FCC mode and enable higher MW settings.

Thank you!   As soon as I changed the BitRate from 50Mbps to 25Mbps all 8 Channels now appear.  Extremely helpful....thanks again!  

Screen Shots Below:

2020-11-17
Use props
RGMGFitness
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

For anyone else looking also found this additional information here (though could be spelled out a little more clearly);

URL:   https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/ ... elease_Notes+EN.pdf

2020-11-17
Use props
RGMGFitness
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

DJI.......if your listening.  You should spell this out a little more clearly in your updated 'Users Guide'.  When switching between 25Mbps and 50Mbps you'll now see a more limited channel range.  From 8 Channels to 3 Channels when going from 25Mbps to 50Mbps (again, in the USA).  
2020-11-17
Use props
Xviews
Second Officer
Flight distance : 229255 ft
Germany

So much spam
2020-11-18
Use props
RGMGFitness
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Not sure I follow?  Was just trying to be as detailed as possible in case anyone else stumbles across this issue.  Thought the screen shots would help.  It's just not clearly spelled out anywhere.
2020-11-18
Use props
C141-Retired
lvl.1

United States

RGMG -- thank you.  I had the same question regarding "3-channels."   Your post saved me a bunch of time and provided all the info I needed.
Fly safe
JC
2021-3-25
Use props
RGMGFitness
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

C141-Retired Posted at 3-25 19:53
RGMG -- thank you.  I had the same question regarding "3-channels."   Your post saved me a bunch of time and provided all the info I needed.
Fly safe
JC

Glad it helped..
2021-3-30
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules