Smart Controller Water Damage
3640 6 2020-11-18
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
nikska
lvl.1
Flight distance : 370607 ft
Russia

Today I was unfortunate enough to break through fresh ice and dip my Smart Controller in water.
Even though it was not turned on, and it seemed to get just a little bit of water, it still refused to turn on even after I've opened it up and let dry with indirect heat for several hours.

DJI certified service center in Russia has refused to service it saying that DJI does not supply necessary parts for repair.

I understand this case is not covered by any warranty and would just like the controller to be reapired and not become e-waste.

IMG_0715.jpg

2020-11-18
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

We're truly sorry to know about the incident. Do you have a case number we can check on this? We highly recommend contacting our Product Support in creating a repair ticket for your Smart Remote Controller. Thank you.
2020-11-18
Use props
nikska
lvl.1
Russia

DJI Diana Posted at 11-18 07:25
We're truly sorry to know about the incident. Do you have a case number we can check on this? We highly recommend contacting our Product Support in creating a repair ticket for your Smart Remote Controller. Thank you.

Thank you. I've just created a repair ticket. Hope your team is going to follow up on this soon, I really love the Controller.
2020-11-18
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator

nikska Posted at 11-18 07:28
Thank you. I've just created a repair ticket. Hope your team is going to follow up on this soon, I really love the Controller.

That is good to know. Rest assured that any updates will be provided to you via email. Should you have further queries, please do not hesitate to reach us. We'll try our best to help.
2020-11-18
Use props
djiuser_Q9O6PEI1YrlV
New

United States

So what was the outcome here?

I too have a smart controller issue, that I would like to submit for repairs. Curious what the options are?

PS: Sorry to hear, hope things turned out ok for you sir!

LMK - thx
2020-12-1
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator

djiuser_Q9O6PEI1YrlV Posted at 12-1 15:15

I too have a smart controller issue, that I would like to submit for repairs. Curious what the options are?

Hi there, I'm sorry to hear about the issue with your remote controller, you may contact our support team via http://www.dji.com/support to open a case and send it in for a diagnosis, we'll do our best to help this out. Thanks.
2020-12-1
Use props
nikska
lvl.1
Russia

djiuser_Q9O6PEI1YrlV Posted at 12-1 15:15

Unfortunately DJI was unable to help me in any way. Mind you, we are speaking of Russia, and seems like some customs limitations apply.

That is pretty weird that I can purchase  DJI drone with Smart Controller from an authorized DJI reseller here (https://www.djimsk.ru/catalog/products/mavic/mavic_2/kvadrokopter_dji_mavic_2_pro_dji_smart_controller.html) but the controller can not be serviced.

I've contacted Aliexpress seller that sent me the device and he agreed to help me with repairs, so I am now sending the unit back to China.
2020-12-2
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules