IYO, How much will the gimbal and camera cost?
2109 12 2015-6-28
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
SULTAN This user has been deleted
Tip: the author has been banned or deleted automatically shield
2015-6-28
Use props
Raul
lvl.3
Flight distance : 348724 ft
Spain

business is business ....
2015-6-28
Use props
2015-6-28
Use props
Raul
lvl.3
Flight distance : 348724 ft
Spain

SULTAN Posted at 2015-6-29 01:43
Of course,

But based on the prices above, I don't think that the gimbal & camera will be cheaper t ...

This is the only that I found about the price of the camera...

http://extremeuas.com/products/phantom-3-parts/

2015-6-28
Use props
aburkefl
Second Officer
Flight distance : 78612 ft
United States

SULTAN Posted at 2015-6-29 01:43
Of course,

But based on the prices above, I don't think that the gimbal & camera will be cheaper t ...

I thought I saw someone post a number here one day - an estimate that the camera/gimbal was something like $580 - could have well been just a guess.

There are a few things the GoPro can do (particularly the latest version) that the Phantom camera can't do. But there seems to be little argument that the P3 camera is pretty good, relative to the GoPro. Chief complaint still seems to be the fish-eye stuff.

I saw an ad yesterday for a Hero 4 Black - on sale for $399. If that's for real, that's $100 off the MSRP. Say, add a GoPro compatible gimbal for $350 (can it be done for that?) and you've got some possible competition for the Phantom camera.

Didn't GoPro announce they're doing a drone next year?
2015-6-28
Use props
2015-6-28
Use props
2015-6-28
Use props
droneflyers.com
Second Officer
Flight distance : 60709 ft
  • >>>
United States

I would guess that if you added up the parts of a car or any technical or mechanical device you would end up at twice the price or more of the original.

As time goes by those prices can come down for various reasons. 3rd parties will start to repair and rebuild cameras - you can get a P2V+ cam fixed for about $250.

No doubt when you buy a DJI Phantom 3 you are buying a unit which is complete and not designed for hacking, add-ins, mods, etc.
BUT, they still sell the plain P2 for those who want to lift other cams or none at all. It has a serious payload capacity (for it's size).
2015-6-28
Use props
gregg1r
lvl.4

United States

I've seen the links you've posted on Phantom parts, but obviously your looking in the wrong places.

https://www.rcdepothobbies.com/product_p/dji-ph3-p5.htm  $539 for 4K camera and gimbal.
https://www.rcdepothobbies.com/product_p/dji-ph3-p6.htm  $409 for HD camera and gimbal.

Not in stock, but DJI isn't allocating any to places other than official repair depots.
2015-6-28
Use props
2015-6-28
Use props
gregg1r
lvl.4

United States

Narrow focus will fly you into trees and other objects.

You're the one that started this post by complaining about the total unit replacement cost. Right at the top of the page.  Chubby Checker would be proud of you.

DJI isn't supplying repair parts to anyone but official DJI repair shops.

I've spoke to RC Depot about what's available, and until DJI gets a handle on warranty and factory approved repair shop needs, hard parts aren't going to be available.
2015-6-28
Use props
2015-6-29
Use props
aburkefl
Second Officer
Flight distance : 78612 ft
United States

gregg1r Posted at 2015-6-29 08:48
Narrow focus will fly you into trees and other objects.

You're the one that started this post by c ...

Several of these items are being shown on the Drone Nerds web site. While placing an order yesterday with them, the guy I was talking to said they have other items coming into stock that are not yet on their web site.

On their web site they show both the Advanced and Pro cameras, but neither one of the gimbals.
2015-6-30
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules