Took off at 36%
735 5 2015-6-28
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
talk2t_c
lvl.4

France

Well I had a lucky break today and my wife was watching.  We were on our way home after doing some Roman sites and arranging to do another on Tuesday.  Anyway we were passing part of a site I hadn't done before and thought I would use the last of the battery on board.  I could have changed it. as I had two others fully charged with me, but it was hot and we wanted to get back.  So up she goes and I spent too long doing a video and some shots.  I was about 100 feet up and the battery alarm started so I strated to bring her down.  She was about 25feet above me and decided to go into the death wobble and started down.  All I could see in my mind was it in bits on the roadside and a lot of heartache (cost wise).  So I stayed my ground and caught it - one slight nick in my hand and no damage whatsoever to the bird.  My wife couldn't believe I could catch so well and neither could I.

I won't push it again what's for sure.

2015-6-28
Use props
Michael Starley
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2812 ft
United States

Hahaha!!    Good save. I too have had to make a quarter back dive or two. Feels good knowing that I still have it .....A little..
2015-6-28
Use props
crash1sttime
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1047503 ft
United Kingdom

You gotta watch those battery levels, I did the same thing on a shoot the other day, it was coming down at 19% when it hit low battery and started to auto descend right in front of me, as the ground was grass and uneven I had to drop to my knees and reach out for it, lucky catch as if it had tried to land on the ground it would have surely tipped over.

Good catch though mate at least you learnt a lesson
2015-6-28
Use props
talk2t_c
lvl.4

France

These birds (not the wife) certainly keep us on our toes or knees in some cases (well maybe the wife included).
So is it a cricket or American football team we could start.

Oh! also had my first, but probably not the last Monsieur 'know it all' who told me in a very stern way that it was 'interdit' (not allowed), to fly these in France and also 'interdit' in the UK.  I think he got my Scots accent message when I told him to 'bugger off' and not bother me.
2015-6-28
Use props
crash1sttime
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1047503 ft
United Kingdom

talk2t_c Posted at 2015-6-29 04:00
These birds (not the wife) certainly keep us on our toes or knees in some cases (well maybe the wife ...

not allowed to fly in the UK ?

Rubbish, there are loads of quad flyers in the UK
2015-6-29
Use props
talk2t_c
lvl.4

France

crash1sttime Posted at 2015-6-29 22:23
not allowed to fly in the UK ?

Rubbish, there are loads of quad flyers in the UK

as there is in France and here are the rules - same as UK I guess:

http://www.developpement-durable ... tice_securite-2.pdf

I've now printed a copy and laminated it (so i can stick it up) show it any busybody.

and for those whose understanding of french is weak  (like me)

http://www.mlvdrone.fr/rules-for-flying-recreational-drones/

and if the link gets blocked - just type it in.
2015-6-29
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules