5649 8 2020-11-19
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
TonyWeller
lvl.1
Flight distance : 29012 ft
United Kingdom

Hello

Sucessfully activated my pocket 1 using the USB-c to micro adaptor that came with my M2Pro as DJI  for reasons I cannot fathom don't supply one. Everything updated and rebooted, caches cleared etc.

The Mimo activation doesn't start up, is there a way of manually starting the Osmo2 activation from within the Mimo app ?

Many thanks

2020-11-19
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Hi there, I'm sorry to hear about the difficulties that you encountered. Please update your Mimo app to the latest version, then refer to the tutorial video below to process the activation again, if the issue still persists, please record a video to show us the details of the problem, we'll help to check and provide further assistance.
https://www.skypixel.com/videos/dji-pocket-2-unboxing
2020-11-20
Use props
TonyWeller
lvl.1
Flight distance : 29012 ft
United Kingdom

Thanks I did all that. I activated using friends phone with USBC connection, seems Pocket 2 doesn't like having a adaptor with the connection with phone, direct with USBC worked fine

Many thanks

2020-11-20
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

TonyWeller Posted at 11-20 00:19
Thanks I did all that. I activated using friends phone with USBC connection, seems Pocket 2 doesn't like having a adaptor with the connection with phone, direct with USBC worked fine

Many thanks

Glad to hear the issue has been resolved, hope you have a nice day.
2020-11-20
Use props
djiuser_5pflwqOLOrxH
lvl.1

Romania

I also can't activate it. Already wrote an email since the chat is offline during the weekend.

I had to uninstall the app, connected Pocket 2, and tan install the app from GPlay with the device connected. The app opened I hit Agree2 times, it did say something about updating firmware at 46% it automatically toked me to the Login page. I already had an account, inserted credentials, all fine. After that, it tocked me to the Connecting page...on the app, nothing. I had wifi and Bluetooth on the phone.
Device not found. The camera was on the Pocket, i could see image on the little screen but there was an yellow message - "Device not activated"

I am stuck. I uninstalled that phone app like 5 times already

2021-4-10
Use props
HGDC84
Captain
Finland

TonyWeller Posted at 2020-11-20 00:19

Many thanks

A couple of models have actually been reported to work with MicroUSB to USB-C adapter, this does depend on the model though.

However, glad you got your problem solved. :-)
2021-4-10
Use props
HGDC84
Captain
Finland

djiuser_5pflwqOLOrxH Posted at 4-10 06:34
I also can't activate it. Already wrote an email since the chat is offline during the weekend.

I had to uninstall the app, connected Pocket 2, and tan install the app from GPlay with the device connected. The app opened I hit Agree2 times, it did say something about updating firmware at 46% it automatically toked me to the Login page. I already had an account, inserted credentials, all fine. After that, it tocked me to the Connecting page...on the app, nothing. I had wifi and Bluetooth on the phone.

What phone/tablet are you using? Is it mentioned on the official DJI list (see https://www.dji.com/fi/downloads/djiapp/dji-mimo) or on the lists gathered by fellow DJI members (see https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=235190 for phones and https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=237518 for tablets) ? If not, feel free to report your test results on the list threads.

Also, it might be a good idea to see the Mimo app version. Not all versions of Mimo support Pocket 2.

Good luck for your activation attempts. This was a really frustrating issue for me too, until a friend of mine borrowed his compatible phone and I got it activated.
2021-4-10
Use props
djiuser_5pflwqOLOrxH
lvl.1

Romania

OnePlus 5 - Andoid 10. OxygenOs 10.0.1- no connection to the Pocket 2 possible.

Samsung A40 Andoid 11 - with this I was able to register the product and use the phone as a viewfinder. It tells me there is a firmware update.

Can not update firmware at 50% all the time (many attempts) I get 2 erros.

1) failed to verify firmware 241
2)failed to update firmware 10006

I am glad at least that the Pocket 2 isn't bricked. Usually when firmware updates failed it can brick the device. ----------
There is an app for "other phones" than the ones on the list (and that list is very very small) I used it, it's actually worst than the one on the GPlay.

How can I manually update firmware? Maybe put the firmware on the SD card and it will take it from there?   

2021-4-10
Use props
djiuser_5pflwqOLOrxH
lvl.1

Romania

I just got off talking with some guy that did not speak English on the "support chat" - he gave me no advice.

WHat kind of app is this that only works for 10 phones. when there are so many on the planet. any sht cheap app on Gplay work with million of devices.

Forget the app. I purchased the camera. I need to upgrade its firmware. Can't since I don't have an iPhone
2021-4-12
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules