United States

Sunset

Sunset
2015-6-28
Use props
Willie Wonka
lvl.4

United States

Very nice, next time record in raw and then post process it in Photoshop and apply lens correction and then you will see the potential of the phantom camera.
2015-6-28
Use props
aburkefl
Second Officer
Flight distance : 78612 ft
United States

Willie Wonka Posted at 2015-6-29 01:46
Very nice, next time record in raw and then post process it in Photoshop and apply lens correction a ...

Willie - the foreground looks somewhat on the dark side. Is that what you're referring to?
I don't mean to sound nasty, I'm asking seriously - what do you think still needs to be done?

Virtually everything I've done with my Phantom has been video. I think the only still I have is actually a clip from a video.
2015-6-28
Use props
Little132
lvl.2

United States

Willie Wonka Posted at 2015-6-29 01:46
Very nice, next time record in raw and then post process it in Photoshop and apply lens correction a ...

Im pretty new at this. Still learning. Thanks for your input.
2015-6-28
Use props
Willie Wonka
lvl.4

United States

Yeah that's the problem with the phantoms auto exposure as the center measure is where the horizon is so it darkens the ground and if you select the ground it will over expose the sky and loose data, so I think the best bet is to use the the over exposure tool on the camera in the app to tell you if you are loosing data and then you take the shot then you play with the exposure at home on photoshop raw file.

Anyone correct me cause I know I am wrong somewhere.
2015-6-28
Use props
DMB2015
lvl.2

Canada

I agree the sky is lovely, the ground however is too dark. It needs work.   Seeing this a lot in the videos that have been posted.
2015-6-28
Use props
Oliver
lvl.3

United Kingdom

Willie Wonka Posted at 2015-6-29 02:48
Yeah that's the problem with the phantoms auto exposure as the center measure is where the horizon i ...

Pretty much this. Shoot in raw then use lightroom to lighten up the dark bits while keeping the sky looking nice.

Also try HDR mode. It can capture the dark ground and the light sky in detail by using multiple different exposure settings and blending them together.
2015-6-28
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules