Android Pilot app still freezing, etc.
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
chasd.harris
lvl.2

United States

Yesterday was my first chance to fly since updating my P3A to firmware 1.2.8 and Pilot App to 1.2.0 on my Samsung Galaxy Tab S. I hoped that these updates would solve the FPV lag, freezing and app crashing that I had been experiencing. They didn't. The P3A flew great and the Pilot App worked fine for about 5 minutes. Then, when the P3A was about 500 yards away, the screen just froze. None of the screen buttons would do anything. The P3A responded to the sticks, but the image on screen never changed and it would not respond to any commands. I was able to land the P3A, but even then the screen remained frozen.  Finally, I used the task manager to close the app. It would not restart until I had completely powered off my tablet and restarted it. I then restarted the app and flew for about 1 minute before it happened again. I landed the P3A and gave up for the day.  When I reviewed the video files on the SD card, I found that the video had "paused" for several minutes while flying, presumably when the screen froze, but resumed filming shortly before landing.

I'm not sure if this is a hardware or software problem.  Does DJI need to fix the Android version of the Pilot app or do I need to buy a better tablet?  Perhaps I need an iPad. Until I find a solution, I do not feel comfortable flying my P3A.
2015-6-28
Use props
4wd
lvl.4
Flight distance : 545817 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

It seems to help if you go into the app TX settings and change from auto to custom, then reduce the bitrate (?) to lowest setting 1.8 or 2.0.
Choose a lower channel manually too.
Obviously make sure almost nothing else is running, a restart just before will help.
2015-6-28
Use props
Clear Skies
lvl.1

South Africa

Same here. Severe video lag/ distortion. Director function causes app to freeze. App has failed during flight. DJI TEST YOUR UPGRADES BEFORE YOU RELEASE THEM PLEASE!!!
The p3 pro retails for R21000!!!! here in SA. The least u guys can do is ensure that your software upgrades are in fact...UPGRADES!

What was that figure?? $0.5 Billion in 2014? cmon Frank!

-The little guy on the street.
2015-6-28
Use props
Gary C
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1710938 ft
  • >>>
United States

4wd Posted at 2015-6-29 02:17
It seems to help if you go into the app TX settings and change from auto to custom, then reduce the  ...

How do you get there?
2015-6-28
Use props
rciresijr
lvl.1

United States

Same thing is happening with my tablet.  It worked fine until I updated the firmware. Now I am having the same issues you are experiencing!  Really takes the fun out of FPV.  Hoping a new firmware update will solve this problem.

2015-6-28
Use props
cjcourtney
lvl.1
Flight distance : 271293 ft
United States

I'm having similar issues using my S5.  Had 2 flights today and the pilot app crashed both times.  Had google play services disabled, and that helped with the video feed lag/stuttering a lot. However, towards the end of both flights the app crashed both times.  Lost all flight log data for both flights, which is a bummer.  The video was fine on both flights and looked great.  It seems as if there might be a memory leak somewhere in the programing, and once it run out of free memory the app crashes.  I will try and test this tomorrow, and see if I can find an app that will monitor and log memory usage on my S5 while the pilot app is in use.
2015-6-28
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules