Should I sell my Mavic Pro for the Mini 2?
1691 19 2020-11-21
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
IceBox-Murdock
lvl.4
Flight distance : 43845 ft
  • >>>
United States

Help me decide here guys! I haven’t flown my Mavic Pro for a while coz I got tired of it. I feel like replacing it with a Mini 2 would give me back my interest of flying. I looked at the specs of the mini 2 and they are almost the same as the Mavic Pro plus Mini is more portable. How much is Mavic Pro worth nowadays? Is it going to be a good decision? What do you guys think?
2020-11-21
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi there IceBox-Murdock. Thank you for reaching out regarding the inquiry and interest in our latest product release. Both drones have great features on them but the DJI Mini 2 feature is far better when it comes to portability and it has updated features. For you to have a reference regarding their comparisons, you may also visit this link we have for you: ( https://www.dji.com/products/com ... ndsite&from=nav ).  I hope that you can also get some recommendations from our beloved DJI users with regards to this inquiry. Thank you and happy flying.
2020-11-21
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

I just sold my MP and am looking into buying a MM2
Biggest reason for that is the upcoming regulations of next year where a <250g drone can fly in more places without having to take an examination.
2020-11-22
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

Spec wise it looks like the MM2 has the better cards.
I will probably miss some 'prosumer' features, but that won't weigh up against the limitations / requirements I will face after this year.
2020-11-22
Use props
IceBox-Murdock
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Montfrooij Posted at 11-22 12:34
I just sold my MP and am looking into buying a MM2
Biggest reason for that is the upcoming regulations of next year where a
Thanks! But I am not sure how much its worth. I have fly more combo Mavic Pro
2020-11-22
Use props
IceBox-Murdock
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Montfrooij Posted at 11-22 12:35
Spec wise it looks like the MM2 has the better cards.
I will probably miss some 'prosumer' features, but that won't weigh up against the limitations / requirements I will face after this year.

Thanks! This is really helpful.
2020-11-22
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

IceBox-Murdock Posted at 11-22 13:17
Thanks! This is really helpful.

You're welcome!
Good luck with deciding!
2020-11-22
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

IceBox-Murdock Posted at 11-22 13:17
Thanks! But I am not sure how much its worth. I have fly more combo Mavic Pro

I sold the FMC for € 300,-
I could have gotten a bit more out of it, but I was happy considering its age!
2020-11-22
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
Flight distance : 6188465 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Sold my Mavic Pro flymore combo back in September for €400 and it had a good few miles on the clock, plus some minor damage. The buyer was happy to repair it himself.
2020-11-22
Use props
Muttley7
lvl.4
Nigeria

Perhaps the only consideration that could detract from the convenience and portability of smaller drones, would be how drones of various sizes might be regarded by birds of prey patrolling their airborne realm.  Having seen footage of hawks easing up for a closer look, and then veering off their intercept course with my big old Phantom 3 Standard that sports a blinding Fire House strobe on the rear of the craft,  I cannot help but consider the possibility that larger drones like the Mavic Pro, are perhaps, less likely to be regarded as prey species by our feathered friends, than would be the case with smaller, less imposing craft like the new Mavic mini 2.

If I had the money for a new Mavic Mini 2 burning a hole in my pocket, yet already owned an older but lager Mavic Pro,  I would still be tempted to keep my more substantial  workhorse drone, so as to strike a more intimidating figure up there in the blue yonder, where birds of prey close in to survey all newcomers, with fight or flight on their minds.
Combat Air Patrol.jpg.jpg
Spoilers Deployed.jpg.jpg
2020-11-23
Use props
Peter Galbavy
lvl.4
Flight distance : 545377 ft
United Kingdom

Simple answer if you are bored of the Pro, yes.

I have the Pro, the Mini and now the Mini 2 and the limited feature differences are more than made up for by the size and portability of the Mini 2 for sheer simplcity. The added benefit, and this is not stressed enough - of everything being USB-C connected is a big difference for travel too. No extra chargers, car chargers just work etc. and extra battery packs or solar panels if you are away from civilisation are a bonus.

I still have the Pro, the Mini has a home lined up with a friend, but I'm only playing with the Mini 2 now.
2020-11-25
Use props
KenDuke
Second Officer
Flight distance : 50837 ft
United States

I'm also thinking of selling my MP.  Its the fly more combo package, but, I'd be also throwing in a iPad Mini 4 with cell in the package.
3 batteries, carrying case, mount for the iPad mini, and some filters.
2020-11-25
Use props
A J
Captain
Flight distance : 13926112 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I just sold my Mavic Air 2 and bought a Mini 2 - absolutely no regrets.
2020-11-25
Use props
IceBox-Murdock
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Blériot53 Posted at 11-22 15:00
Sold my Mavic Pro flymore combo back in September for €400 and it had a good few miles on the clock, plus some minor damage. The buyer was happy to repair it himself.

Lucky!
My drone has been posted for a while now. Hoping to sell it before Christmas so I can get the Mini2
2020-11-25
Use props
IceBox-Murdock
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Muttley7 Posted at 11-23 04:42
Perhaps the only consideration that could detract from the convenience and portability of smaller drones, would be how drones of various sizes might be regarded by birds of prey patrolling their airborne realm.  Having seen footage of hawks easing up for a closer look, and then veering off their intercept course with my big old Phantom 3 Standard that sports a blinding Fire House strobe on the rear of the craft,  I cannot help but consider the possibility that larger drones like the Mavic Pro, are perhaps, less likely to be regarded as prey species by our feathered friends, than would be the case with smaller, less imposing craft like the new Mavic mini 2.

If I had the money for a new Mavic Mini 2 burning a hole in my pocket, yet already owned an older but lager Mavic Pro,  I would still be tempted to keep my more substantial  workhorse drone, so as to strike a more intimidating figure up there in the blue yonder, where birds of prey close in to survey all newcomers, with fight or flight on their minds.

That’s what I was thinking but I don’t have extra money especially that Christmas is coming.
2020-11-25
Use props
IceBox-Murdock
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

A J Posted at 11-25 07:36
I just sold my Mavic Air 2 and bought a Mini 2 - absolutely no regrets.

Cool! The portability is really what I am looking for now.
2020-11-25
Use props
IceBox-Murdock
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

KenDuke Posted at 11-25 06:09
I'm also thinking of selling my MP.  Its the fly more combo package, but, I'd be also throwing in a iPad Mini 4 with cell in the package.
3 batteries, carrying case, mount for the iPad mini, and some filters.

Wow! I don’t have extra iPad. But that would attract a lot of buyers.
2020-11-25
Use props
IceBox-Murdock
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Peter Galbavy Posted at 11-25 03:57
Simple answer if you are bored of the Pro, yes.

I have the Pro, the Mini and now the Mini 2 and the limited feature differences are more than made up for by the size and portability of the Mini 2 for sheer simplcity. The added benefit, and this is not stressed enough - of everything being USB-C connected is a big difference for travel too. No extra chargers, car chargers just work etc. and extra battery packs or solar panels if you are away from civilisation are a bonus.

I was thinking of keeping the Pro also but I cannot just afford keeping 2 drones. The last time I checked the Mavic Pro, I had to re-link the remote to the drone. That is how long it has been sitting in the bag. But the problem is, seems like no one is interested in buying the Pro because of the price of the Mini and Mini 2 plus the portability. I should’ve sold it a long time ago when I lost interest in it.
2020-11-25
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
Flight distance : 6188465 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

IceBox-Murdock Posted at 11-25 07:41
Lucky!
My drone has been posted for a while now. Hoping to sell it before Christmas so I can get the Mini2

Yeah, we were both happy with the deal.  I'd bought it second-hand a couple of years prior so I'd had my worth out of it.
2020-11-25
Use props
A J
Captain
Flight distance : 13926112 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

IceBox-Murdock Posted at 11-25 07:45
Cool! The portability is really what I am looking for now.

You won't find a drone with a 4K camera that is more portable
2020-11-25
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules