Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Sony A7SIII Compatibility - USB-C Charging
3787 2 2020-11-22
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
sky_makai
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3397539 ft
  • >>>
United States

As of now, it looks like there is very limited compatibility with the Sony A7SIII.   Like with the A7III, there's also a big difference in functionality when using USB-C vs. The Multi-Camera Cable.  At this point, with the Multi-Cable, we have these functions: record start/stop, digital zoom using the wheel.  Focus by wire is still not available.

The Multi-Cable for Sony enables the Record button, but does not allow charging.  The USB-C to USB-C cable allows charging, but does not enable the record button or any other function (AFAIK).

When using the Multi-Cable, the front wheel controls Digital/Clear-Image Zoom, but nothing else.  Using the USB-C cable, no functions are available for the wheel.

Perhaps someone at DJI could help me understand.  As someone who values the ability to charge my camera while on the RSC2, will other functionality be made available via USB-C?  Or, are we stuck with either/or using the USB-C cable and getting charging, or using the Multi-Camera Cable and getting Record, Wheel, etc... but no charging?

Thanks!!

2020-11-22
Use props
Ziegler.Dave
New

United States

I'm struggling to get the USB-C to USB-C or the Sony cable to work with my Ronin RS2 and Sony a7s3. No matter what the powerup order I am prompted with the USB Mode MTP or USB with the word USB selected with two orange hyphens. In the past I would change to PC Remote mode for the USB with my Sony a7r4 but that option isn't there with the Sony a7s3.  How did you get the cable to work?
2020-11-22
Use props
sky_makai
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3397539 ft
  • >>>
United States

Ziegler.Dave Posted at 11-22 15:13
I'm struggling to get the USB-C to USB-C or the Sony cable to work with my Ronin RS2 and Sony a7s3. No matter what the powerup order I am prompted with the USB Mode MTP or USB with the word USB selected with two orange hyphens. In the past I would change to PC Remote mode for the USB with my Sony a7r4 but that option isn't there with the Sony a7s3.  How did you get the cable to work?

You have to turn on PC Remote in the Network section of the A7SIII settings.
2020-11-22
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules