Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
What do you use to clean your Phantoms
2058 11 2015-6-28
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
TomWolves
lvl.4
Flight distance : 110577 ft
United States

Hey people, just wondering what everyone uses to clean ( wipe off) their Phantom shell? mine must have flown through a herd of June bugs. I was thinking maybe alcohol. But I don't know for sure. Thanks for your idea, and help.  
2015-6-28
Use props
richardpwills
lvl.1

Thailand

Baby-wipes/hand-wipes are very good. I use them out in the field if I get bugs or dirt on it. They come in a convenient reseal pack too!
2015-6-28
Use props
TomWolves
lvl.4
Flight distance : 110577 ft
United States

richardpwills@g Posted at 2015-6-29 08:40
Baby-wipes/hand-wipes are very good. I use them out in the field if I get bugs or dirt on it. They c ...

Thank you richard
2015-6-28
Use props
jimcloud74
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1298317 ft
United States

richardpwills@g Posted at 2015-6-29 08:40
Baby-wipes/hand-wipes are very good. I use them out in the field if I get bugs or dirt on it. They c ...

I second that! No harsh chemicals in those. Alcohol can be damaging to some plastics.
2015-6-28
Use props
Willie Wonka
lvl.4

United States

I prepare the kitchen sink and fill it with hot water and add some dish detergent, remove the props from the phantom and soak it overnight in the sink, next morning get it out and scrub it with a metal brush and get it nice and clean then let it dry for eternity,  kidding aside don't use any chemical on the plastic or the metal, don't lube the motors or get any liquids near the electronics, just use a damp cloth and wipe the plastic, the gimbal can be sprayed with compressed air spraying out wards and don't spray on the lens or close to it.
2015-6-28
Use props
david.p.mann
lvl.4
Flight distance : 18669501 ft
  • >>>
United States

For tough bug and other stains stains, there is a citrus-oil clear liquid cleaning product called "ADVANAGE The Wonder Cleaner" that I have used to clean plastics and painted surfaces, like my car, without damaging them. I've even removed creosote from a large area of my car (I, uh, rubbed the left rear quarter panel up against a new wooden light pole in church parking lot) without damaging the paint (or the clearcoat finish) when gasoline and even rubbing compound didn't touch this tarry material.  ADVANAGE (yes, without a 'T' in the name) is some seriously magic cleaner voodoo.
2015-6-28
Use props
raynelang
lvl.2
Flight distance : 450492 ft
Canada

Any advice for cleaning the outside or the camera lens? I don't know how I managed to do it... but I hit a bug. I was skimming along a small pond getting really nice pictures of the waterfront... and then SPLAT... 50% of the picture was gone. Landed the drone and there it was.... green and yellow goo. I used some water and a soft cloth I have for cleaning my ipad screen, but there are still some smudges on the lense... Not sure what to try next. I dont want to damage anything by using the wrong type of cleaner... windex???
2015-8-5
Use props
lvl.4

United States

My wife.................
2015-8-5
Use props
Mudcon
lvl.3

United States

Pressure washer
2015-8-5
Use props
Mudcon
lvl.3

United States

lol just kiddin,  My bird is now named Bumble Bee.    I had to bees fly into my bird 4 feet off the ground hoovering and lets just say their bodies went one way and there heads went another.   I just a paper towel and windex and lightly rubbed it off.   Poor bees.........
2015-8-5
Use props
Ulysse
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1389931 ft
  • >>>
Belgium

The foam I use to clean the windows of my car (inside), computer screen, keyboard, ...
2015-8-5
Use props
dlongcamp
lvl.4
Flight distance : 755988 ft
  • >>>
United States

baby wipes.  
2015-8-5
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now