My mavic air 2 almost flew away anybody else have this problem
Winds were 15mph
2020-11-24
Use props
JohnLietzke
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3125968 ft
United States

I have flown in 28mph wind that was gusting and had no real issues controlling the Mavic Air 2.  That being said not every flight scenario is the same.  

There have been some firmware issues in the last month that caused weird flight behavior.  I had a similar problem with erratic flight and the drone moving without commands when the first Controller update was released on 11/5.  On 11/7 an update was rolled out which fixed this problem.  I would make sure both the drone and controllers firmware are up to date along with the DJI Fly app.

If your firmware and Fly app are updated then you would need to upload your logs so they can be reviewed to get more accurate information on what happened.  
2020-11-24
Use props
djiuser_O72GPOySgfJv
lvl.1
Flight distance : 2336 ft
United Kingdom

Hmm it definitely is firmware issue, everything is up to date as I’m ocd with things like that , thank you , how do I upload logs and would I get the log from my controller or from the drone itself or both
2020-11-24
Use props
djiuser_O72GPOySgfJv
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Also what if fly away does happen I got my drone from Jessops would I speak to them or contact DJI direct ? I’m scared to even fly it now, Iv only had it a month
2020-11-24
Use props
dronespilot
First Officer
Flight distance : 1392995 ft
  • >>>
United States

That’s strange to happen. You might want to upload the flight logs. I will share the link later.
2020-11-24
Use props
dronespilot
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

You can PM JJB* and ask him to help you with reading the log.

2020-11-24
Use props
dronespilot
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

And here’s the link to upload the flight logs.

https://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/Upload/

2020-11-24
Use props
djiuser_O72GPOySgfJv
lvl.1
United Kingdom

I almost lost it due to fly away it wasn’t returning to home when it was it was coming like 1 mph but then getting blown back but 10 ft very second I had to go find it and land it before my battery died
I can’t think of why this happened I had a warning for height restrictions but brought it down as soon as I saw it say with poor weather condition with it
2020-11-24
Use props
djiuser_O72GPOySgfJv
lvl.1
United Kingdom

dronespilot Posted at 11-24 20:27
And here’s the link to upload the flight logs.

https://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/Upload/

Thank you for the link il be uploading when I get my laptop
2020-11-24
Use props
dronespilot
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

djiuser_O72GPOySgfJv Posted at 11-24 21:34
Thank you for the link il be uploading when I get my laptop

You're welcome
2020-11-24
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. Can you please fly your DJI Mavic Air 2 to a different location with less interference to see if the issue will still persist? The said DJI drone might have picked up magnetic interference on the ground, and you took off from close to a buildings with rebar concrete metal objects on it. In addition please make sure that the antennas are pointed toward the aircraft for optimal transmission. Thank you.

2020-11-25
Use props
djiuser_O72GPOySgfJv
lvl.1
United Kingdom

DJI Stephen Posted at 11-25 01:30
Hello there. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. Can you please fly your DJI Mavic Air 2 to a different location with less interference to see if the issue will still persist? The said DJI drone might have picked up magnetic interference on the ground, and you took off from close to a buildings with rebar concrete metal objects on it. In addition please make sure that the antennas are pointed toward the aircraft for optimal transmission. Thank you.

[view_image]

Antennas were pointed direct and I can’t even go more than 4000 feet without connection drop, the other week I had the drone hovering and it swept to the left I moved it back into position then it did it again so I didn’t wana lose or crash it so I landed and turned it off, I live in a country side type of area there would not be any interference to that degree
2020-11-25
Use props
Zikeji
lvl.1
Flight distance : 9675 ft
United States

Just had a similar issue on the latest firmware. Now I have to go through a huge hassle.
2020-12-5
Use props
MathewM
lvl.1
United Kingdom

djiuser_O72GPOySgfJv Posted at 11-25 02:55
Antennas were pointed direct and I can’t even go more than 4000 feet without connection drop, the other week I had the drone hovering and it swept to the left I moved it back into position then it did it again so I didn’t wana lose or crash it so I landed and turned it off, I live in a country side type of area there would not be any interference to that degree

Exact same thing n I live in country
We’re area is it
Are you flying with gaurds also ?
2020-12-5
Use props
MathewM
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Zikeji Posted at 12-5 21:08
Just had a similar issue on the latest firmware. Now I have to go through a huge hassle.

Huge hassle ?
2020-12-5
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules