4282 12 2020-11-25
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fracz
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1018061 ft
Poland

Hi,

during the last flight I heard a disturbing noise from the wings while flying - it sounded like one of the propellers hits another. The drone lost its stability shortly after this noise (slightly moved to right or left) and then operated normally. It happened irregurarily. There were no motor speed warning in the app.

I inspected the propellers after landing and noticed small scratches on the left front arm wings. Replaced them immediatly to a brand new propellers.

Then, during the next 15-min flight the noise appeared again. I was very surprised when I discovered very similar scratches on the same propellers I have just replaced.

I'm slightly afraid to fly it again. What could be the reason for such behavior? What can I do?

The drone has never crashed nor hit anything.

IMG_20201125_102759.jpg
IMG_20201125_102843.jpg
2020-11-25
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there fracz. I am sorry to read and to know the issue that your DJI Mavic Mini is having right now. Since you have replaced the propellers of your DJI Mavic Mini with a new one and still this issue persist. I would recommend you contact our DJI support team for further assistance with regards to this matter at https://www.dji.com/support?site=brandsite&from=nav . We have the team who would do their best to find out the reason of the said issue and then the corresponding resolution would be provided for you. Again I am sorry for the trouble and thank for your understanding.
2020-11-25
Use props
Berhatz
lvl.4
Flight distance : 667575 ft
Russia

Do not use the case from the combo set. It can affect your drone
2020-11-25
Use props
jonny007
Second Officer
Germany

Berhatz Posted at 11-25 02:45
Do not use the case from the combo set. It can affect your drone

Why this ?  I have my drone in a soft bag and the propellers are not fixed, no problems.
2020-11-25
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

With new propellers on and they still hit and scratched it's time to contact DJI support and send it in for inspection.  Doesn't sound real safe to keep flying it.
2020-11-25
Use props
A J
Captain
Flight distance : 13926112 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Definitely swap out the props and look at how you are storing the drone. If stored correctly and this is still happening I would return the drone for a service
2020-11-25
Use props
fracz
lvl.3
Poland

After further inspection I paid attention to the black scratches on the drone's cover (photo). I tried to bend the propellers to verify that the cover-scratches can indeed be caused by them - and yes, turns on that the propellers hit the cover while flying, not themselves.
Strange that only one side is affected. Sending the drone to the DJI.

IMG_20201201_204215.jpg
2020-12-1
Use props
Junior - Brazil
Second Officer
Flight distance : 476483 ft
Brazil

We need to pay close attention to how the Mavic Mini is stored and especially the position of the propellers: any pressure, even small, or some heat source on their surfaces is a reason for deformation.

Desejo boa sorte.

2020-12-1
Use props
Donut
lvl.4
Flight distance : 42415 ft
United States

I slide my finger on the bottom and outside of the blade outward and if I feel any burs I use a fingernail emery board to smooth out any nicks. I have a few nicks and chunks missingand it’s works fine. Yes if they get to bad I’ll change the blades.
2020-12-1
Use props
fracz
lvl.3
Poland

I always carry the drone in the official case from fly more combo. I suspect that the problem is not in the propellers, because a brand new pair behaves in the same way. I suspect the motor on the front left arm is not perfectly horizontally aligned to the body, and this causes the issue. However, I have no idea where this flaw might come from, as I flied the drone without any problems for almost a year.
2020-12-2
Use props
fracz
lvl.3
Poland

Sent the drone to the DJI. They classified the issue as a crash damage and replaced the drone from my recently extended DJI Care Refresh+ (I have extended the protection a week ago).

Remark: NO WARRANTY: Crash damage. No  liquid damage. Front Aircraft Arm Motor (Long Cable) damaged. front left  motor screwed, causing props to hit the body motor doesn't screw itself

Slightly disappointed here, because im left with no DJI Care for the next year in spite of no-crash flights. The issue must be caused by storing the drone in the official bag, thne. But, at least, I'm getting an issue-free drone. Hopefully.
2020-12-10
Use props
fans08b5dde5
Second Officer
Flight distance : 9975610 ft
Serbia

Yeah, this is a known issue. The plastic is too soft and as device ages it starts to wobble, thus propellers hitting the body. They had to classify this issue as a crash damage, because if they didn't, DJI would have to admit an obvious structural flaw on this model.
2020-12-10
Use props
Donut
lvl.4
Flight distance : 42415 ft
United States

I know I’m gonna get in trouble here.  I use an fingernail emery file. The kind that has been around years. The ones that are flexible and look like a popsicle stick.
I place it over or under the burr and squeeze it outward and pull. If the blades are bad i just replace the ones on that motor. Just use common sense.
Doug.
2020-12-10
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules