Remote Ctrl Mavic Pro Run out battery , the drone Still Flying in...
1728 14 2020-11-25
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
TechCreator
lvl.3
Flight distance : 187274 ft
Malaysia

Hi All Mavic Pro/Drone Expert;

Yesterday for the first time Remote Control Mavic Pro Run Out Battery But My Drone Mavic Pro Still Flying in the Air.
I cannot used my remote anymore due to run out battery.  I force the drone by pulling it down.

Guys any tips if this happend again? I know suppose to spare some battery but i ignored it.
I afraid it will fly away, so i catch it before it is fly away? Is it the best way to stop my drone from flying?
2020-11-25
Use props
JJB*
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 12260774 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

1. Make sure it doesn`t happen again......  (very simple, charge the RC before you fly)
2. If the RC 'dies' then the drone will enter a RTH....so just wait and watch it lands near you....
2020-11-25
Use props
TechCreator
lvl.3
Malaysia

JJB* Posted at 11-25 06:34
1. Make sure it doesn`t happen again......  (very simple, charge the RC before you fly)
2. If the RC 'dies' then the drone will enter a RTH....so just wait and watch it lands near you....

Thanks.Captain.
Yes need to charge the RC. I supposed just  wait  for RTH but during that it is already sunset....i'm a bit panic.
2020-11-25
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, TechCreator. We're sorry to read about what happened. If the Home Point was successfully recorded and the compass is functioning normally, Failsafe RTH will be automatically activated if the remote controller signal is lost for a specified amount of time (3 seconds when using the remote controller and 20 seconds when using Wi-Fi). Return-to-Home can be canceled by the pilot, allowing them to regain control when the remote controller signal connection is re-established. Although RTH is available, it is still highly suggested to check whether everything is fully charged before flying to avoid any instance of this nature. Doing a pre-flight checklist is highly recommended. Hope this information helps and have a safe flight.
2020-11-25
Use props
TechCreator
lvl.3
Malaysia

DJI Gamora Posted at 11-25 07:06
Hi, TechCreator. We're sorry to read about what happened. If the Home Point was successfully recorded and the compass is functioning normally, Failsafe RTH will be automatically activated if the remote controller signal is lost for a specified amount of time (3 seconds when using the remote controller and 20 seconds when using Wi-Fi). Return-to-Home can be canceled by the pilot, allowing them to regain control when the remote controller signal connection is re-established. Although RTH is available, it is still highly suggested to check whether everything is fully charged before flying to avoid any instance of this nature. Doing a pre-flight checklist is highly recommended. Hope this information helps and have a safe flight.

3 seconds...it is means that my mavic pro having problem? I wait more than one minutes the drone still fying...and there is no sign of landing..

I will be extra careful by fully charge my remote..i think the remote control battery drain out faster ......can i replace the remote control battery?
2020-11-25
Use props
A J
Captain
Flight distance : 13926112 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Always check the RC battery before heading out. Top off the charge when charging the aircraft batteries.
2020-11-25
Use props
TechCreator
lvl.3
Malaysia

A J Posted at 11-25 07:27
Always check the RC battery before heading out. Top off the charge when charging the aircraft batteries.

Yes that is the first thing first i need to do.
2020-11-25
Use props
A J
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

TechCreator Posted at 11-25 08:42
Yes that is the first thing first i need to do.

All part of the prep before heading out - charge the batteries and RC to 100% and check for any firmware updates
2020-11-25
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

TechCreator Posted at 11-25 07:10
3 seconds...it is means that my mavic pro having problem? I wait more than one minutes the drone still fying...and there is no sign of landing..

I will be extra careful by fully charge my remote..i think the remote control battery drain out faster ......can i replace the remote control battery?

It only applies if the Home Point was successfully recorded and the compass is functioning normally. Please check also in the Main Controller Settings > Advanced Settings if the RC Signal Lost is set to Hover instead of Return-To-Home.

About the remote's battery, we regret that we don't sell the battery of the remote separately and don't have an official guide on how to replace it. If you consider this option, you can return it back to our Service Center but please note that paid service may apply if you're outside the warranty period or it doesn't pass the Damage Assessment. You can open a ticket by reaching our Customer Support.
2020-11-25
Use props
TechCreator
lvl.3
Malaysia

A J Posted at 11-25 10:20
All part of the prep before heading out - charge the batteries and RC to 100% and check for any firmware updates

During first time, i prep it very well. Lately over confident.....thanks for reminding me.
2020-11-26
Use props
TechCreator
lvl.3
Malaysia

DJI Gamora Posted at 11-25 23:14
It only applies if the Home Point was successfully recorded and the compass is functioning normally. Please check also in the Main Controller Settings > Advanced Settings if the RC Signal Lost is set to Hover instead of Return-To-Home.

About the remote's battery, we regret that we don't sell the battery of the remote separately and don't have an official guide on how to replace it. If you consider this option, you can return it back to our Service Center but please note that paid service may apply if you're outside the warranty period or it doesn't pass the Damage Assessment. You can open a ticket by reaching our Customer Support.

Thanks for all the info given, will check the advance setting.
I only have one remote . That is the reason , i try to find alternative way to replace the battery of remote and less time required i think as compare to send for repair.  

By the way does remote control of mavic pro sell separately? I was thinking to buy new one, if the price is worth it.
2020-11-26
Use props
A J
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

TechCreator Posted at 11-26 05:11
During first time, i prep it very well. Lately over confident.....thanks for reminding me.

2020-11-26
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

TechCreator Posted at 11-26 05:14
Thanks for all the info given, will check the advance setting.
I only have one remote . That is the reason , i try to find alternative way to replace the battery of remote and less time required i think as compare to send for repair.  

Unfortunately, the Remote for the Mavic Pro is no longer sold in our Online Store. We suggest contacting our Customer Support  to see if they can help you with this one.
2020-11-26
Use props
TechCreator
lvl.3
Malaysia

DJI Gamora Posted at 11-26 06:38
Unfortunately, the Remote for the Mavic Pro is no longer sold in our Online Store. We suggest contacting our Customer Support  to see if they can help you with this one.

thanks for the info...
2020-11-30
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

TechCreator Posted at 11-30 07:36
thanks for the info...

You're most welcome. Should you have further concerns, please let us know.
2020-11-30
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules