Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Henrik Olsen
First Officer
Flight distance : 2042385 ft
  • >>>
Denmark

Take that #djimini2

Mavic Mini Active Track is now possible with Litchi App (Official). I'm playing with #mavicmini and #litchi demoing the feature under less ideal conditions :-)

2020-11-25
Use props
fans1cafe718
lvl.4
Flight distance : 230 ft
Canada

Nice!
2020-11-25
Use props
VanzPix
lvl.4
Flight distance : 229672 ft
France

Hi,
Thanks for the testing and sharing
2020-11-25
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

Very nice.  Thanks for testing and sharing.  Just keep situational awareness in mind as the Mini has no Obstacle Avoidance.
2020-11-25
Use props
jake2024
lvl.1

United States

How is Litchi's Track/Follow mode different than DJI's app?
I know DJI doesn't offer these features for the Mini right now, but wondering what DJI's equivalents are like.
2020-11-25
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there Henrik Olsen. Thank you for reaching out and for sharing this video you have created. Just a reminder to please use the recommended DJI application ( DJI Fly application ) when flying your DJI Mavic Mini to ensure stability and comparability during flight and 3rd party applications like Litchi can void the warranty of your DJI Mavic Mini. Thank you and safe flying always.
2020-11-25
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Hope they release MM2 support soon!
2020-11-26
Use props
A J
Captain
Flight distance : 13838848 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Very nicely done
2020-11-26
Use props
Henrik Olsen
First Officer
  • >>>
Denmark

DowntownRDB Posted at 11-25 11:37
Very nice.  Thanks for testing and sharing.  Just keep situational awareness in mind as the Mini has no Obstacle Avoidance.

yes, very important as sometimes the app makes it do something unexpected
2020-11-26
Use props
Henrik Olsen
First Officer
  • >>>
Denmark

jake2024 Posted at 11-25 17:12
How is Litchi's Track/Follow mode different than DJI's app?
I know DJI doesn't offer these features for the Mini right now, but wondering what DJI's equivalents are like.

it's the same principle, but DJI tend to produce smoother results
2020-11-26
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Thanks for sharing. .
2020-11-26
Use props
djiuser_jlXvtbqzCyHi
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4725190 ft
Spain

Thanks for sharing... seems to work much better then the in the first tests!
2020-11-26
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

Henrik Olsen Posted at 11-26 01:19
yes, very important as sometimes the app makes it do something unexpected

Unexpected is never good, especially when controlling a drone.
2020-11-26
Use props
fans1cafe718
lvl.4
Canada

DowntownRDB Posted at 11-26 07:15
Unexpected is never good, especially when controlling a drone.

It will get better...am certain...but, no rely on DJI to cooperate.
2020-11-26
Use props
ABeardedItalian
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1063107 ft
United States

I can't speak for others but litchi has performed amazing for me, every flight I start with a pre flight test and it's always super responsive to my stick inputs and works as expected. I tried rainbow and it didn't work at first and I would crash before I could connect the drone, I left a 1 star rating and the dev quickly "updated" the app. It performed awfully and by this time I was locked out of testing any of its "features" and honestly the experience was pretty terrible. The drone was really laggy in it's response, it kept saying weak video signal with no way of changing the wifi channel, would not recommenced at all.

Litchi has done things unexpected but not in the way of a random malfunction or lag. An example from using the follow me inside the track mode, in the track mode when you enable follow me it stays at whatever height you left the drone and begins to follow while tracking. If you try to use the follow me feature without being in track mode the drone follows with a default set of parameters that you can change. In my case the drone started to ascend which is not what I expected to happen and quickly cancelled it, so someone who's unfamiliar with the app still might be looking for the track mode follow me and instead start follow me without setting the correct altitude first.

EDIT (Wanted to include this)

With the recent update that was included in the release, the spotlight feature works a lot better then it use to. When I was in the beta and it was first introduced it worked pretty well, it would lose you on occaion but for it's first implamentation I was happy. The second update and many more after seemed to have broken it, It just wouldn't track you more then a few steps. I was excited to see that they had "improved" the track mode on release and upon testing it, that it's back to what I had first tired but even better as it never lost track. Finally, hands free spotlight tracking on the mini, it's been such a desired feature of mine.

2020-11-26
Use props
fans1cafe718
lvl.4
Canada

ABeardedItalian Posted at 11-26 10:02
I can't speak for others but litchi has performed amazing for me, every flight I start with a pre flight test and it's always super responsive to my stick inputs and works as expected. I tried rainbow and it didn't work at first and I would crash before I could connect the drone, I left a 1 star rating and the dev quickly "updated" the app. It performed awfully and by this time I was locked out of testing any of its "features" and honestly the experience was pretty terrible. The drone was really laggy in it's response, it kept saying weak video signal with no way of changing the wifi channel, would not recommenced at all.

Litchi has done things unexpected but not in the way of a random malfunction or lag. An example from using the follow me inside the track mode, in the track mode when you enable follow me it stays at whatever height you left the drone and begins to follow while tracking. If you try to use the follow me feature without being in track mode the drone follows with a default set of parameters that you can change. In my case the drone started to ascend which is not what I expected to happen and quickly cancelled it, so someone who's unfamiliar with the app still might be looking for the track mode follow me and instead start follow me without setting the correct altitude first.

2020-11-26
Use props
djiuser_RIeSM3mAo5mf
lvl.4
Flight distance : 542083 ft
Spain

i'll retest ,, for me was a disaster, and when trying use follow me by gps ,, i aways got GPS BLOCKED prompt
2020-11-26
Use props
fans51a266c3
lvl.2
Flight distance : 2913 ft
Portugal

DJI Stephen Posted at 11-25 20:08
Hello there Henrik Olsen. Thank you for reaching out and for sharing this video you have created. Just a reminder to please use the recommended DJI application ( DJI Fly application ) when flying your DJI Mavic Mini to ensure stability and comparability during flight and 3rd party applications like Litchi can void the warranty of your DJI Mavic Mini. Thank you and safe flying always.

How can it void the warranty? Can you explain that better?
Also, this only happens because DJI doesn't give us what the mini can do since the beginning. After a year of waiting I just don't care and use other apps.
2020-11-26
Use props
djiuser_RIeSM3mAo5mf
lvl.4
Spain

This is new post from DJI STEPHEN :

Hello there Henrik Olsen. Thank you for reaching out and for sharing this video you have created. Just a reminder to please use the recommended our stupid and software limited DJI application for Mavic Mini 1 ( DJI Fly application ) , this one doesn't include any of the possible features included on DJI Mini 2,like you know, Mavic Mini 1 is able of make Panorama,x2 zoom,Boomerang,Asteroid,and extra increased meters on quick shots,but our target and viewpoint on DJI company is grab the maximum money from our old and new customers, that's the reason because we do not ENABLE these new features on the Mavic Mini 1,do you want them ? buy a new DJI MINI 2, and forget to use 3rd applications which let you enjoy all the real power of your Mavic Mini 1, when flying your DJI Mavic Mini to ensure stability and comparability during flight but you're really scammed, limited and discriminated with those new features ,of course, Mavic Mini 1 can make them, but we prefer your money ,and 3rd party applications like Litchi can void the warranty of your DJI Mavic Mini,althought it gives you the choice of make panorama's , follow me ,waypoint ,and other new modes  ... Thank you and safe flying always.

The funny part of this ?

DJI MINI 2 won't be able of use LITCHI'S features like Tracking,Follow me,use different compatible phones and tablets,future waypoint missions update,fpv,etc .... until SDK is released for MINI 2.

I don't comment it like a offense,do not feel offended MINI 2 owners or future owners ,i just try to comment you how we feel ourselfs now .... and you will be abandoned too on a closer future .
2020-11-27
Use props
sws2810
lvl.2
Flight distance : 418714 ft
United States

I purchased a 4 yr old Mavic Pro1 just to have all these flight modes. I do not understand software nor hardware when it comes to these drones. But my thought is... DJI could make a base model drone with unlimited flying modes, that could be added later, for a price of course, one at a time??
2020-11-27
Use props
CornTech
New

United States

Hey DJI, can you please add this to the fly app? That would be epiccc!!
2020-11-27
Use props
djiuser_0DdJwrZtXFcc
New
Flight distance : 9094 ft
Romania

To be clear for everybody, Dji will never add this option.

Reason: to have this option their interest is for you to spend more money in their company to buy a more expensive drone that has this option.

They are not interested in your opinion and a desire of 2 3 comments here asking for this. For this to happen choose another company. Wake up
2020-11-27
Use props
djiuser_D0sgAm6xL5jn
lvl.4
Flight distance : 379639 ft
United States

Nice video!
2020-11-29
Use props
djiuser_RIeSM3mAo5mf
lvl.4
Spain

We have a song in Spanish named "El MENEITO"
2020-11-29
Use props
otomek77
lvl.4
Flight distance : 6819160 ft
Poland

DJI Stephen Posted at 11-25 20:08

Dear DJI Stephen. In my opinion is better to focus and improve "a little" your APP( DJI FLY) as we all know that last two versions (1.2.0 and 1.2.1) are rather far a way from perfect and some users even lost their drons ;-). Please not force us to use competitors' applications ;-), although competition is a good thing and it is worth remembering :-)
2020-12-1
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
Flight distance : 6188465 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Thanks for that demo Henrik. I love Litchi. Waiting expectantly for them to include Waypoints in the next update
2020-12-9
Use props
rjone1
New

United States

Would love to see this on the Mini 2
2021-4-18
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules