Microraptor Pro Case for Phantom 3 - Fully Loaded
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
david.p.mann
Second Officer
Flight distance : 18669501 ft
  • >>>
United States

I purchased a Microraptor Pro Case for my Phantom 3 Pro from an Amazon.com vendor several weeks ago, and it has met all my needs.  I did have to use an Exacto knife to carefully increase the size of the four foam cutout openings for the prop arms to accommodate the SummitLink Snap-on Prop Guard connectors on my bird. This is a very well-made case that has several cutomizing options for the cavity on the left-hand side.  I opted to totally open this cavity up, but left a stair-step piece of foam at its bottom that provides a somewhat deeper hole for my Apple iPad Air 2, Apple iPad Mini 3 and a sun hood for the iPad Mini, and a slightly shallower cavity at the far left that neatly holds the four snap-on prop guards.  I can also lay a larger sun hood for the iPad Air 2 on top of the Phantom 3 and still close the lid easily.

As shown in the photos below, Microraptor Pro Case can hold: Phantom 3 with gimbal guard and one battery installed, the Remote Controller, 8 props (four loose at bottom of front cavity with prop bag laying on top of them holding another four unused props), Accessory box, PolarPro ND Filters, RC harness, iPad Air 2, iPad Mini 3, sun hoods for both mobile devices, four snap-on prop guards, four additional spare batteries (five if you also use the cavity that I used for the P3 accessory box).  The cavity in the back, where I store the ND Filter bags and RC harness, can also accommodate the DJI P3 battery charger and AC power cord.  Note: the case is designed to allow you to store the P3 with all 4 props mounted (without putting damaging pressure on the props), but I opt to take the props off before storing the P3 in the case. The rectangular silver box in the right rear contains dessicant beads for absorbing moisture from the box when in storage mode with the lid closed.  The dessicant can be regenerated by placing the tin in an oven at 350F for a few hours.

image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg

image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
2015-6-28
Use props
MikeAngelo
lvl.2

United States

I also have this case.  Although in yellow.   So far, best purchase aside from the Phantom.
2015-6-29
Use props
wordsaremything
lvl.3

United States

Nice! I have the DJI hard shell pack coming in on Wednesday.
2015-6-29
Use props
classicalle
lvl.4
Flight distance : 8903051 ft
  • >>>
United States

Very nice. Thank you for sharing.
2015-6-29
Use props
editfx
lvl.2

United States

I have the same case except in yellow.  Yours looks almost exactly like mine when loaded but I choose to leave the props on and have had no problems whatsoever.
I didn't enlarge the cut outs around my Summit link snap on guards because I liked how the foam held them super secure and doesn't really touch the P3 arms.  There is no jostling around at all.
I ordered the case a couple weeks ago on a Wednesday and had it the following Friday thru  Amazon Prime.  For $200 a very worthwhile investment, not only for the safety during transporting but even better IMO is having everything in one place so I can just grab it and go.  And because every component has a distinct place you can tell immediately after you're done flying if you've inadvertently left something behind before you leave the area.
2015-6-29
Use props
Phantom Help
Captain
Flight distance : 228255 ft
  • >>>
United States

This really is a fantastic case. The usability and quality are top-notch! All colors are currently available on Amazon if anyone's looking to purchase one:

http://www.amazon.com/s/?_encodi ... Id=SF7LPLRQ5NQUQ7RE

www.PhantomHelp.com
Find the latest must-haves, fixes, mods, how-tos, guides, and accessories for your Phantom.
Phantoms in stock and ready to ship worldwide! (see availability)

2015-6-29
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules