966 3 2015-6-28
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
shed14
lvl.2
Flight distance : 6854 ft
Australia

heyo
I'm trying to set a new home point from iPhone 6+ but keep getting msg in the picture attached..

Pic is for demo .. (Comes up same error when connected to phantom and ready to fly)
MORE INFO:
iphone gps working fine with maps app.. location found
so phone is tracking the satellites.. the dji app is saying that it is weak... dont know why?

same applies to the phantom side...
it sets its own homepoint automatically when it is turned on.. however if i move it to another locations say 20 m away,
it comes up with similar error on the app, stating it cannot set a new home point for the phantom..

The iPhone settings is set to 'allow' gps for the Dji app (before you ask)
Wifi on or off makes no diff.
reboot everything no diff.

anyone have this same prob?
cheers

101627ba64e6a3qa1v431s.jpg
2015-6-28
Use props
manuelnegronpr
lvl.4
Flight distance : 10933205 ft
  • >>>
United States

Same issue here my friend. Iphone 6 and iPAD Air 2. Seems to be a bug or we need clear instruction on how to do it.
2015-6-29
Use props
shed14
lvl.2
Australia

Wow.. All I hear is crickets... Lol
Thanks for the reply.. Looks like you're the only other person in this forum who has tried to use this function..
Just noticed another thing.. If you press the little 'target crosshair' button on the top right  beneath the battery charge indicator,  the actual app will jump to a blue dot to indicate my current position on the map. The same blue dot u get when ur on the map app and it shows your location..
This says to me that the app is using the gps on my phone to find my location.
So this is 100% a bug
Because if it can locate my phone then it should be able to use this same location To set the new home point for the controller/iPhone location

Add that to your bug list MR DJI ....

2015-6-29
Use props
shed14
lvl.2
Australia

PRoblem solved...

not sure if the ios update 1.20 fixed it but i now works.

MY P3P on FW 1.1.8
IOS app 1.20

to make it work, start up as normal.. then while the p3p sitll on the ground i walked bout 10 m away, then set a new home point for controller and it worked, tried the new homepoint for the phantom and that worked too..

PROBLEM SOLVED
2015-6-29
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules