European VS American Version of Phantom 3
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
mi mo
New

Ireland

Hi all,
Thinking of getting myfirst drone and it's going to be a P3 Pro.
I'm based in Ireland andthere is the obvious price saving by purchasing the drone in America for me. Iwas wondering though, are there other technical differences between theEuropean and American versions of the drone? I remember reading that the Americanversion had a higher radio operating signal vs the European version. This hadsomething to do with FCC vs CE regulations.
Would love to hear your opinions? Have any of you European drone owners bought your drone in America and have you noticed anything out of the ordinary?
Tks in advance all
2015-6-29
Use props
Mark97564
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2067749 ft
United States

If u want more transmitter power then get the us version... any other differences I can't comment on although all dji's literature states that being the only difference is between ce and fcc version
2015-6-29
Use props
mi mo
New

Ireland

Mark97564 Posted at 2015-6-29 16:50
If u want more transmitter power then get the us version... any other differences I can't comment on ...

Thanks Mark. Here's my last noob question. I assume that more transmitter power is only a good thing surely and could only aid in helping connection over long distances?
2015-6-29
Use props
Adamation
lvl.2

United Kingdom

I bought mine in the US, flew it many times over there during my 2 week holiday. I have now had it back in the UK for 3 weeks and have not come across any issues/differences what so ever - Adam
2015-6-29
Use props
Rob88
lvl.3

Canada

The charger cable comes in 4 different versions, depending on where you order from: http://store.dji.com/product/phantom-3-100w-battery-charger.  If you make a special request, they may send the cable for your country, but I doubt it.  I assume they are prepackaged, so if you order a US model, you will need a converter when you get home.
2015-6-29
Use props
dundee
First Officer
Flight distance : 33550 ft

Thailand

Rob88 Posted at 2015-6-30 00:19
The charger cable comes in 4 different versions, depending on where you order from: http://store.dji ...

nope, the power supply has input 100 to 240v 50-60Hz.
No converter needed
2015-6-29
Use props
Rigworker
Second Officer
Flight distance : 52303 ft
Canada

dundee Posted at 2015-6-30 00:32
nope, the power supply has input 100 to 240v 50-60Hz.
No converter needed

I believe he meant a converter for the pins on the end of the power cord.
2015-6-29
Use props
sudiste
lvl.2

Monaco

No converter needed,
the Power supply has a standard C7 (shotgun) plug, i'm pretty sure you have a unused one at Home
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/IEC_60320

2015-6-29
Use props
Rob88
lvl.3

Canada

Rigworker Posted at 2015-6-30 01:28
I believe he meant a converter for the pins on the end of the power cord.

Yes, that is what I meant, that the part that plugs into the wall is different.  Not a major issue, but still a difference from country to country.  
2015-6-29
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules