WIFI channels
2420 15 2015-6-29
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
lvl.3
Flight distance : 14495 ft
Denmark

When I purchased the P3 Pro I had 32 channels WIFI
Now I updated the pilot app and it reduced it to 13 channels of WIFI.
That is a almost 2/3 that was removed of WIFI connectivety and range security.

- This is not cool

When will we get the 32 channels back as they where when I purchased the priduct?

I´m surprised that there is no topics on this in the forum?

"I tryed the online support option"
http://www.dji.com/support <br>
...and selected EUROPE and you get presented with a online chat where they never answer - and it´s all by the way in Chineese
ehhhh. when selecting Europe????

- not cool, again

2015-6-29
Use props
giant
lvl.4
Flight distance : 31565 ft
Netherlands

Maybe the amount of channels is not important when the Phantom works as can be expected?
2015-6-29
Use props
litamation.yaho
lvl.1

United States

Type in "Channels" under search.

I also have P3 and want my 32 channels back.  DJI issued statement saying that they are complying with FCC.
You need to reinstall DJI Pilot 1.0.2. on the Apple side. (not sure if firmware is a factor)

I have a Nexsus 7 tablet, I am not sure what app version restores 32 channels. I downgraded to DJI-Pilot-1.0.6.apk
and had my aircraft and radio firmware upgraded to Phantom 3 Professional Firmware v1.2.6. Still only 8 channels.

I have been unsucessful in rolling back to P3X_FW_V01.01.0009.

I am unclear if I need to roll back both firmware and app.
Thoes channels are for transmitting video to your device via your app.

I am dazed and confused!

2015-6-29
Use props
Rigworker
Second Officer
Flight distance : 52303 ft
Canada

litamation.yaho Posted at 2015-6-29 22:07
Type in "Channels" under search.

I also have P3 and want my 32 channels back also.  DJI issued sta ...

What do you need so many of the the wifi channels for? The P3 uses lightbridge to send the telemetry to your tablet. I usually turn wifi off when flying.
2015-6-29
Use props
Clear Skies
lvl.1

South Africa

I agree with rigworker...various trusted you tube posts recommend leaving 3g and wifi OFF while flying. Lightbrigde is more than sufficient. Wifi signals to and from your device can interfere with lightbridge and rc comms.
2015-6-29
Use props
djfxprogressive
lvl.2

United States

What OP is talking about is not the WiFi channels on your phone or tablet, but instead the Lightbridge channels that the Phantom uses to send video to your device.

In an earlier firmware version, DJI reduced the number of Lightbridge channels from 32 down to 8 because apparently these channels were being used illegally.  See here:
http://forum.dji.com/forum.php?m ... id=14965&pid=121076
2015-6-29
Use props
lvl.3
Flight distance : 14495 ft
Denmark

Clear Skies Posted at 2015-6-30 04:03
I agree with rigworker...various trusted you tube posts recommend leaving 3g and wifi OFF while flyi ...

Thx for clearing that up.
2015-6-29
Use props
vu.q.le
Banned

United States

Tip: the author has been banned or deleted automatically shield
2015-6-29
Use props
Rigworker
Second Officer
Flight distance : 52303 ft
Canada

vu.q.le@outlook Posted at 2015-6-30 07:15
What's the difference between the lightbridge wifi and home wireless wifi? How is it possible for li ...

Power limitation of routers and lightbridge are probably different.
2015-6-29
Use props
Clear Skies
lvl.1

South Africa

djfxprogressive Posted at 2015-6-30 05:17
What OP is talking about is not the WiFi channels on your phone or tablet, but instead the Lightbrid ...

Aaah ok, gotcha
2015-6-29
Use props
alansworld
Second Officer
Flight distance : 27434 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

vu.q.le@outlook Posted at 2015-6-30 07:15
What's the difference between the lightbridge wifi and home wireless wifi? How is it possible for li ...

Maybe you should RTFM for a start.  Lightbridge is NOT wifi.
2015-6-29
Use props
vu.q.le
Banned

United States

2015-6-29
Use props
brycerichert
lvl.3
United States

vu.q.le@outlook Posted at 2015-6-30 15:35
Since your IQ is more than two digits, please tell me what it is then if it's not wifi. Please educ ...

I'd like to know as well. It's using 2.4... So why the increased distance? We know it hops, but so does 'house' wifi...
2015-6-30
Use props
alansworld
Second Officer
Flight distance : 27434 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Since your IQ is more than two digits, please tell me what it is then if it's not wifi. Please educ ...

Although Lightbridge uses the same frequency range as wifi, 2.4 GHz, it isn't wifi.  As I'm sure you could have found out for yourself if you could manage to use something called Google.
2015-6-30
Use props
aburkefl
Second Officer
Flight distance : 78612 ft
United States

At the risk of devolving into a graduate-level discourse on radio communications.....

For several years, the RC (remote control) community - mostly planes until relatively recently - became immersed in FPV - First person View. This has been accomplished mostly by the following:

2.4 GHz spread spectrum for control of aircraft - the spread spectrum technique permits many, many users to operate all at the same time in the same area without serious interference. Interference is not impossible, just an incredible reduction in its likelihood.

5.8 GHz analog video to transport the video signal from the craft back to the controller. Unlike the 2.4 GHz spread spectrum (see above) these analog signals are limited - you can't have a great deal of them before they each start "stepping on" each other. You cannot arbitrarily increase/decrease frequency for greater bandwidth - you quickly end up in regions licensed for other operations. You are also somewhat limited in the broadcast bandwidth of the accompanying video signal. Systems like FatShark (just to pick an example) do NOT provide 720 HD signals - it is significantly lower in resolution. Keep in mind, its original purpose was to give the pilot a view of what's pretty much directly ahead of his/her craft. Recordings of these signals make for a pretty crappy movie.

Some FPV systems (and some not-so-FPV systems) utilize WiFi. Without enormous amounts of power, the typical WiFi (there are a number of variations here I'm not going into) works indoors up to about 150 feet. Outdoors, we can essentially double that to a - insert raucous cheer here! - whopping 300 feet. And to further add insult to injury, let's don't get too deep into latency issues. If your WiFi network is right next to you, the latency (delay of transmitted signal) is still amazingly obvious. The further apart the two devices, the more serious the latency. A quick aside here.

The Blade 350 QX3 uses a WiFi system for its camera. You can use a smart phone or tablet to start/stop video or take photos and frame the picture. That's about it. Even from just a couple of feet, the latency is enormous. The gimbal/camera is providing the WiFi and it has a delayed signal from only a foot away! That's unfortunately not uncommon with WiFi video. Back to our theme.

LightBridge (apparently a DJI creation - every reference I find to it shows "DJI LightBridge" - stays pretty much in the same 2.4 GHz area as the controlling signal - NOT up in the 5.8 GHz range like "standard" FPV signals. Additionally, it's digital, not analog. And that's primarily what gives it that gorgeous (relatively speaking) 720 HD picture. Also, unlike our outdoor WiFi (remember that 300 feet rule of thumb?) DJI Lightbridge is "spec'd" at 1.7 km - many users have reported far greater distances, but the DJI published numbers are officially (if I remember correctly) at 2 km - 1.2 miles.

Apparently under semi-ideal conditions - good line-of-sight - no radio frequency interference - proper orientation of antenna to Phantom - no overheating of portable device, etc. - This provides enormous benefits over just about any WiFi configuration.

It's my understanding that the 2.4 GHz LightBridge signal is NOT utilizing spread spectrum. Frankly, I'm not sure what happens to video if spread spectrum is attempted. Consequently, there is not an unlimited amount of room for very many people to operate at the same time in the same place. Can't for the life of me figure out what's going to happen if 15 people are all in the same place with their Phantom 3!

In an FPV "meet" the organizers typically assign frequencies/channels a block at a time - a limited number of people can fly at a given time. This was essentially how frequencies were controlled in the "good old days" - before spread spectrum.

One last note - spread spectrum. An interesting and formerly trivial - but not any more - note about spread spectrum. One of the original patent holders was Hedy Lamar! At any rate, the technique consists of "binding" a given transmitter (your controller) with a given receiver (the receiver in your plane/quad/heli/car). That receiver will now recognize ONLY the signals coming from your transmitter. The technique involves "frequency-hopping" but it takes place so quickly it appears to be spread all over the spectrum - hence spread spectrum. It initially held great promise for stealth transmissions (like by the armed forces in wartime) because the individual frequencies involved are not used by much power and for very short periods of time - I think in milliseconds, so the "jump" from frequency to frequency is very frequent. If you tune across the dial with even a sophisticated radio it doesn't sound like there's any "intelligence" there.

Now it's your turn to entertain me for a while!
2015-7-1
Use props
vu.q.le
Banned

United States

2015-7-1
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules