Monument to the Battle of the Nations
455 14 2020-11-30
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fanscc989da6
lvl.3
Flight distance : 26260 ft
Germany

Notice the horizontal alignment of the gimbal, it isn't quite right, isn't it? The horizon shouldn't be tilted, right?

2020-11-30
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there. Thank you for reaching out and for posting this amazing video you have filmed using your DJI Mini 2. Great work and keep on flying. .
2020-11-30
Use props
GaryDoug
First Officer
Flight distance : 1264639 ft
  • >>>
United States

At first look, it seems like the horizon is tilted. However the monument structure looks perfectly level so perhaps the actual horizon is tilted geographically and not a problem with the camera angle.
At a second look at the video, the monument starts out tilted but later becomes level, So I can't answer that.

2020-11-30
Use props
Suren
Captain
Flight distance : 13498560 ft
  • >>>
New Zealand

Very nice video
2020-11-30
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Very nice video!!
2020-12-1
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

PS, I subscribed to your channel via 2 channels .
Mine are http://www.youtube.com/c/tricksandtipsnl
http://www.youtube.com/c/PeterMontfrooij
2020-12-1
Use props
A J
Captain
Flight distance : 13926112 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Excellent footage
2020-12-1
Use props
Cients
Second Officer
Flight distance : 5537369 ft
Portugal

Great video!
Congratulations.
At start there is a notion that the horizon line is not leveled with the visual axis of the camera.
If you notice, at minute 1:20 , the horizon gets leveled with the visual axis of your camera.
Probably, the downwards sense to the left in the beginning of your video is due to atmospheric, light and visual distortion, far away. It can be corroborated with a lot of fog in the initial phase of the footage that is not uniformely distributed.
It means, probably is only a visual distortion related to the scene and the specific time of the day when you shoot, and not due to problems in the Mini 2 camera.
Congratulations, very nice footage!  
2020-12-1
Use props
Cients
Second Officer
Flight distance : 5537369 ft
Portugal

Montfrooij Posted at 12-1 00:29
PS, I subscribed to your channel via 2 channels .
Mine are http://www.youtube.com/c/tricksandtipsnl
http://www.youtube.com/c/PeterMontfrooij

Great!
You love trains and trucks?
2020-12-1
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

Cients Posted at 12-1 05:00
Great!
You love trains and trucks?

Also
I have multiple channels!
2020-12-1
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

Initially the horizon does seem to not be level but as the footage progresses it appears level.  So not quite sure if there is a problem.  What I do know is the footage is impressive.  
2020-12-1
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Nicely done.    
2020-12-1
Use props
fanscc989da6
lvl.3
Flight distance : 26260 ft
Germany

Thank you all for the nice responses. I'll continue to practise smooth and uninterrupted flying movements. The flight you saw in the video was completey done in sport mode but I reduced the rotational speed in the advanced gimbal settings to handle these curves better, but still need a lot more practise.

When it comes to the tilted horizon, yes, it's hard to explain completely. Have to look for that during the next flights. When I put the Mini on a flat surface indoor, it's aligned properly. I can live with that, as long as it doesn't tilt more.
2020-12-1
Use props
A J
Captain
Flight distance : 13926112 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

fanscc989da6 Posted at 12-1 08:48
Thank you all for the nice responses. I'll continue to practise smooth and uninterrupted flying movements. The flight you saw in the video was completey done in sport mode but I reduced the rotational speed in the advanced gimbal settings to handle these curves better, but still need a lot more practise.

When it comes to the tilted horizon, yes, it's hard to explain completely. Have to look for that during the next flights. When I put the Mini on a flat surface indoor, it's aligned properly. I can live with that, as long as it doesn't tilt more.

You're very welcome
2020-12-2
Use props
Akirasho
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1622238 ft
United States

My local terrain sometimes makes it difficult to judge the horizon.
2020-12-2
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules