1748 3 2020-11-30
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DGBarar
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Hello:
I recieved an OSMO 3 yesterday to use with my iPhone 8 operating under iOS 14.2.  At that time of receipt of the OSMO 3, I downloaded MIMO application and installed latest OSMO 3 firmware version V01.00.00.80  In any case, I unable to launch active track (to recognize my face) with one press of the trigger on the out facing camera.  It always works finding my face on the in-facing camera.

What can I do to get one press active track to find my face on the outfacing camera?

I need this functionality because 1) gestures are unreliable to start/stop autotrack for the outfacing camera and 2) gestures decrease battery life.

Sincerely,

Don Barar

2020-11-30
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there Don Barar. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. When using ActiveTrack 3.0, move the joystick to adjust the camera view. The  ActiveTrack 3.0 has been optimized for tracking human subjects with a head and shoulder model along with face detection using deep learning algorithms. The subject will remain in the center of the camera view. The default position is the center of the camera view. You can also adjust the camera view manually. There are three ways to use ActiveTrack 3.0:
a. Drag a box on the screen in the camera view in DUI Mimo. A green box around the subject indicates ActiveTrack 3.0 is successfully enabled. Tap the X icon on the top corner to stop tracking.
b. Enable One-press ActiveTrack in DJI Mimo, and press the trigger once to start or stop ActiveTrack 3. 0.
c. Enable Gesture Control in DUI Mimo, and then perform a palm or V gesture for one to two seconds when facing the camera. The back camera will detect the nearest head and shoulders and start to track the subject. The front camera will detect the nearest face and start to track the subject.
In addition I will also post a DJI tutorial video on How to Use ActiveTrack 3.0. Thank you.

2020-11-30
Use props
DGBarar
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Hi Stephan:

On line B you wrote the following: "Enable One-press ActiveTrack in DJI Mimo, and press the trigger once to start or stop ActiveTrack 3. 0.".  From some of the on-line videos I have viewed they show "Enable One-press ActiveTrack" in the video section of MIMO.   But it is no longer there!  I have searched other menus but can not find it.  Where is it now?

As I have written, there are no issues starting active track using the trigger with the in facing camera.  My goal is to use the trigger to activate active track of me in the out facing camera but have had interrmitant success.   Being able to use the trigger to start active track on the out facing camera is critical to me. I would like to avoid gestures as 1) Gestures are unreliable to start Active Track and 2) Gestures Active consume more iPhone battery.

Please note, that I have no issues starting Active Track 2 using the trigger on the out facing camera of my iPhone 8 and Ronin SC.  Not sure why I should have difficulty with Active Track 3 and an Osmo 3.

Don Barar

Also, please note that I have set up the Osmo 3 in front of a mirror so that I can see the out camera.  I have manuevered myself in such a way that it is impossible for the out camera to not see my face. But I still have difficulty launching active track with the trigger on the out facing camera.

2020-12-1
Use props
DGBarar
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

DGBarar Posted at 12-1 06:05
Hi Stephan:

On line B you wrote the following: "Enable One-press ActiveTrack in DJI Mimo, and press the trigger once to start or stop ActiveTrack 3. 0.".  From some of the on-line videos I have viewed they show "Enable One-press ActiveTrack" in the video section of MIMO.   But it is no longer there!  I have searched other menus but can not find it.  Where is it now?

Hi All:

After more experimentation I have the following observations:

1) The manual is incorrect.   It is no longer necessary to activate in MIMO "Enable One-Press Active Track".  A single press of the trigger is always enabled similar to Active Track on the Ronin S/SC.
2) One press of the trigger to enable Active Track is optimized for the in-facing camera.  For the out-facing camera, the object must be more than than an arms length away from the camera to be reliable.  Hence, the Active Track implementation on the OSMO using a single press of the trigger is not suitable for an individual standing in front of the out-facing camera.  One must rely on gestures to start/stop record with the out-facing camera.

Hope this helps others.

Don Barar
2020-12-2
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules