Ronin-M roll issues
7296 12 2015-6-29
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
grant
lvl.1
United States

My Ronin-M is constantly having roll issues. I balance the camera, auto-tune, and then usually have to set the roll trim to -4 because it is never level at 0. It works for a minute or two and then the roll gets way off balance and won't return unless I re-tune.

I've updated firmware/IMU to latest version and still no luck.

Am I the only one with this issue? Do I have a defective Ronin-M?
2015-6-29
Use props
DJI-Cathy
lvl.4

Hong Kong

Set the Deadband of Roll axis to 90 to see if it helps
try "System Calibration" in the APP several times and power on again wait about 1-2 minutes to see
2015-6-29
Use props
markopatrick
lvl.2
Flight distance : 2188 ft
  • >>>
Austria

it works with Roll Smooth Track - ON

Roll Axis 15  
Deadband 90
Accel 0
2015-6-30
Use props
kta.rex7
lvl.1

United States

markopatrick@gm Posted at 2015-7-1 01:44
it works with Roll Smooth Track - ON

Roll Axis 15  

This only works for about 15-30 minutes and then it starts drifting in the roll.  Turning off and on will get it straight but then in 15-30 minutes it starts doing this again.  Original firmware did this and so is the new firmware released in June 2015.
2015-7-24
Use props
roonin
lvl.2
Flight distance : 776306 ft
  • >>>
Canada

kta.rex7@gmail. Posted at 2015-7-25 07:59
This only works for about 15-30 minutes and then it starts drifting in the roll.  Turning off and  ...

same here, especially when inverted.  the roll drift on this thing is terrible
2015-7-24
Use props
DJI-Cathy
lvl.4

Hong Kong

kta.rex7@gmail. Posted at 2015-7-25 07:59
This only works for about 15-30 minutes and then it starts drifting in the roll.  Turning off and  ...

Did the Roll drift to one side or either side? Did you try "Calibrate System"?
check the StiffNess of the Roll axis, If you still have  the issue, please send your email to support@dji.com, THX
2015-7-25
Use props
DJI-Cathy
lvl.4

Hong Kong

roonin Posted at 2015-7-25 08:18
same here, especially when inverted.  the roll drift on this thing is terrible

To switch to Upright mode from Underslung mode, turn the Ronin-M so the front faces toward you. Flip the gimbal over to bring the camera closer to eye level for a higher perspective.
Be slowly and pay attention to the way you switch, set the roll axis stiffness a little higher to see
2015-7-25
Use props
haimeyrolle
New

United States

How do you determine what stiffness you need for you're camera light the camera lighter the stiffness? or stronger on the stiffness?  Im using BMPCC And Rokinon 16mm With metabones Adapter and my roll always goes out.
2015-7-25
Use props
ezbzpop
lvl.2
  • >>>
Canada

I am having the same issue, with light  (GH4) and heavy (Red Epic ) setups, i tried everything , 10 min max and it starts to roll,
does original Ronin, not M has the same problem? cuz i am thinking to replace M with Ronin
2015-7-26
Use props
markopatrick
lvl.2
Flight distance : 2188 ft
  • >>>
Austria

DJI Support Reply
-----------------------------
Dear sir,

If it's Ronin M you have, there's no downgrade available right now.

You may try " system calibrate" for several times, or wait for a new firmware.  :@

Regards
Frank
------------------------

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!WAIT FOR A NEW FIRMWARE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Is that a joke?
2015-7-29
Use props
kabir81
New

United Kingdom

I'm having the same problem .... Roll balance starts ok and Within a min it's gone off centre. This is impacting on my shoot as I'm in the wedding business and don't have time for 10 takes while I restart. I can't believe this issue doesn't have a resolve!!!!!
2015-8-3
Use props
keenraven
lvl.2

United States

kabir81@hotmail Posted at 2015-8-4 01:01
I'm having the same problem .... Roll balance starts ok and Within a min it's gone off centre. This  ...

Same boat here. Constant roll axis issues requiring reboot / re-calibration every 10-15 minutes.
2015-8-4
Use props
ezbzpop
lvl.2
  • >>>
Canada

keenraven Posted at 2015-8-5 01:45
**** The author has been banned or deleted automatically shield ****

new firmware same thing, so i just calibrate system every time i start Ronin, there is no other solution  that works for me
2015-10-22
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules