868 9 2020-12-5
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Hummingbird.UAV
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 27489951 ft
  • >>>
Canada

Last series post for flying the new drone. Got a little disoriented at the end and did a tail slide into some trees. Hard to believe how fast this machine is.  At half throttle it will be going 93 kph. (26 m/s)
Onboard video recording failed again. Will format it in the air unit and hope it solves the problem.

2020-12-5
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Oops.
Besides  that last shot, it looked great!
2020-12-6
Use props
Hummingbird.UAV
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Canada

Montfrooij Posted at 12-6 12:15
Oops.
Besides  that last shot, it looked great!

Some guy on another forum said I most likely had a motor desync and pointed me to a video on how to tweak the programing of the ESC to avoid this.  Finished it and now hoping for one more nice day to test it.
2020-12-6
Use props
SzczechzCzech
lvl.4
Flight distance : 708661 ft
Czechia

Thanks for doing this. As for issues with SDCARD recording, I have much success with using external 12 V BEC from Diatone to power up the AirUnit (instead of connecting to VBAT or 9V pad on FC). Ever since I went into this way of powering it, the recording always completes till the end of the flight. Perhaps that solves the problem for you and many others as well.

BG link - not affiliate
2020-12-6
Use props
Hummingbird.UAV
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Canada

SzczechzCzech Posted at 12-6 13:27
Thanks for doing this. As for issues with SDCARD recording, I have much success with using external 12 V BEC from Diatone to power up the AirUnit (instead of connecting to VBAT or 9V pad on FC). Ever since I went into this way of powering it, the recording always completes till the end of the flight. Perhaps that solves the problem for you and many others as well.

BG link - not affiliate

Thanks for your feedback.  When the recording fails I got the message that the card was slow.  I am using a SanDisk Extreme 3U card. It worked fine until the 5th flight which made me think it was fragmented.  Didn't help when formatted on my computer and now I've formatted it on the air unit but haven't had good weather to test it.  Cannot power my air unit with a BEC as it plugs directly into the FC with a ribbon cable.
2020-12-6
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

Hummingbird.UAV Posted at 12-6 13:17
Some guy on another forum said I most likely had a motor desync and pointed me to a video on how to tweak the programing of the ESC to avoid this.  Finished it and now hoping for one more nice day to test it.

RTF is a bit different than FPV I believe!
2020-12-6
Use props
Hummingbird.UAV
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Canada

Montfrooij Posted at 12-6 23:24
RTF is a bit different than FPV I believe!

This is true but this kit was very easy to build. In my way back days I built from scratch.  This video is of one of my popular machines.  I drew the drawings too.  17K views.
2020-12-7
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

Hummingbird.UAV Posted at 12-7 07:36
This is true but this kit was very easy to build. In my way back days I built from scratch.  This video is of one of my popular machines.  I drew the drawings too.  17K views.https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ce99kjC_370

Oh wow, nice work!
2020-12-7
Use props
spikestabber
lvl.2
Canada

SzczechzCzech Posted at 12-6 13:27
Thanks for doing this. As for issues with SDCARD recording, I have much success with using external 12 V BEC from Diatone to power up the AirUnit (instead of connecting to VBAT or 9V pad on FC). Ever since I went into this way of powering it, the recording always completes till the end of the flight. Perhaps that solves the problem for you and many others as well.

BG link - not affiliate

There's some truth to this, can't get either of my 5" quads with onboard FC 9V BEC to air unit to record more than a few mins before the slow SD error, however my little geprc rocket that has an air unit directly connected to vbat can record entire flights every single time. If the 9V BEC's integrated on FC's are inadequate then why did they decide on 9V and not 12V? Well that's because they still want to support 4S configurations and need sufficient dropout voltage, one needs 6S to safely run a 12V BEC.
2020-12-8
Use props
Hummingbird.UAV
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Canada

spikestabber Posted at 12-8 07:03
There's some truth to this, can't get either of my 5" quads with onboard FC 9V BEC to air unit to record more than a few mins before the slow SD error, however my little geprc rocket that has an air unit directly connected to vbat can record entire flights every single time. If the 9V BEC's integrated on FC's are inadequate then why did they decide on 9V and not 12V? Well that's because they still want to support 4S configurations and need sufficient dropout voltage, one needs 6S to safely run a 12V BEC.

I have found my air unit is recording full flights after reformatting the card in the air unit.
2020-12-8
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules