4hawks vs alien tech
3221 4 2020-12-6
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fansd3e6ab70
lvl.3
Flight distance : 493553 ft
United States

Does anyone have any experience with either for the 5.8ghz dji products and weather they really do increase the range and signal reliability in the higher WiFi areas where there is lots of interference
2020-12-6
Use props
djiuser_6MKMpv06I6Te
New

United States

I've had both Raptor XR and Alientech Dual 5.8 & 2.4 (Amplified version). I'm surrounded by 3 cell towers in a 2 mi radius and a regional airport 4 mi away. The regular controller was useless with stock antenna. I first tried Raptor XR and got very minimal gains - went from 100ft to 200ft before signal dropped. Then I finally switched to Alientech Dual 5.8/2.4 Dual - and I now get over 2 mi range with HD Signal & no interruption. I've yet to fly beyond 2mi - but don't anticipate any signal issues - only battery running out if I go that far.
2020-12-9
Use props
fansd3e6ab70
lvl.3
United States

djiuser_6MKMpv06I6Te Posted at 12-9 15:07
I've had both Raptor XR and Alientech Dual 5.8 & 2.4 (Amplified version). I'm surrounded by 3 cell towers in a 2 mi radius and a regional airport 4 mi away. The regular controller was useless with stock antenna. I first tried Raptor XR and got very minimal gains - went from 100ft to 200ft before signal dropped. Then I finally switched to Alientech Dual 5.8/2.4 Dual - and I now get over 2 mi range with HD Signal & no interruption. I've yet to fly beyond 2mi - but don't anticipate any signal issues - only battery running out if I go that far.

What are you flying fcc or ce? I have the fcc mini would would need the 4hawks sr witch I did hear was better bigger antennas. And the alientech booster model with only 5.8ghz cost more then what I even paid for mine. It’s just hard to pull myself towards that one
2020-12-9
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there. Thank you for reaching and for these information you have posted. Since this is a 3rd party accessory for your DJI Drone. I hope that you will get the best recommendation from our fellow DJI co pilots who have experience in using the said range extenders. Just a friendly, reminder that DJI does not recommend you to your 3rd party accessories like antennas or range extenders on your DJI Drones or modify your DJI product. These 3rd party accessories might affect the said DJI drone when in use. Actually, there is a possibility that these 3rd party accessories will be able work. However, since it's not optimized and tested by DJI we cannot guaranteed the stability of the said 3rd party accessory if it will work all the time with no issues and might void the warranty of the said DJI product. Thank you and have a safe flight always.
2020-12-9
Use props
fansd3e6ab70
lvl.3
United States

DJI Stephen Posted at 12-9 23:51
Hello there. Thank you for reaching and for these information you have posted. Since this is a 3rd party accessory for your DJI Drone. I hope that you will get the best recommendation from our fellow DJI co pilots who have experience in using the said range extenders. Just a friendly, reminder that DJI does not recommend you to your 3rd party accessories like antennas or range extenders on your DJI Drones or modify your DJI product. These 3rd party accessories might affect the said DJI drone when in use. Actually, there is a possibility that these 3rd party accessories will be able work. However, since it's not optimized and tested by DJI we cannot guaranteed the stability of the said 3rd party accessory if it will work all the time with no issues and might void the warranty of the said DJI product. Thank you and have a safe flight always.

I under stand that. But how would using third party antennas even cause I fly away when the drone it self has home point locked in by gps? And why does dji not pair with a 3rd party for these products or make them there selfs to help there customers?
2020-12-10
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules