1351 5 2020-12-6
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans888bab41
lvl.2

Israel

Hello droners,

I'm deveoping for Mavic 2 Enterprise with Android mobile SDK 4.13.1
Somethimes when the drone is flying in a waypoint mission it stops due to an obstacle along the way (e.g. tree).
When it happens the drone stop flying and just hover. I tried to capture this stop event using WaypointMissionOperatorListener but it doesnt work.

How can I captute this event?

Thanks a lot,
  Guy
2020-12-6
Use props
Super pilot
lvl.4
Flight distance : 174905 ft
Russia

Action listener mission finished at this point fire or nothing?
2020-12-7
Use props
fans888bab41
lvl.2

Israel

Super pilot Posted at 12-7 00:14
Action listener mission finished at this point fire or nothing?

Action listener mission is still active and listening for events but no events are fired.
2020-12-7
Use props
Super pilot
lvl.4
Russia

fans888bab41 Posted at 12-7 00:51
Action listener mission is still active and listening for events but no events are fired.

Then this is a flaw in the SDK code. From a logical point of view, the mission should be stopped and the mission finished listener should give the error "Mission stopped due to an obstacle in the flight path". The mobiled SDK still needs a lot of improvements. There are many ideas.
2020-12-7
Use props
Super pilot
lvl.4
Russia

In theory, listeners
addListenerToExecutionEvent: (id) listener
                           withQueue: (nullable dispatch_queue_t) queue
                            andBlock: (DJIWaypointMissionOperatorExecutionEventBlock) block

and
addListenerToFinished: (id) listener
                     withQueue: (nullable dispatch_queue_t) queue
                      andBlock: (DJICompletionBlock) block

must handle all possible scenarios of the drone's interaction with the environment during the mission and issue accurate messages, but in practice this is not the case.
There is something to strive for.
2020-12-7
Use props
fans888bab41
lvl.2

Israel

I'm happy to update that I received the following answer from DJI that solved the problem:

You can use setVisionDetectionStateUpdatedCallback to monitor how far the obstacle is with you. But it does not including bottom which means you cannot monitor how far to the ground. The bottom obstacle avoiding system will help you avoid crash during your waypointMission. You can disable this system by doing setLandingProtectionEnabled(false), but you need to be careful with that this may lead to a fatal consequence. To secure this, you can use getUltrasonicHeightInMeters to see the distance between ground and drone to avoid the crash. Please be careful that the ultrasonic readings will only be valid when the drone's height is within 5 meters.

https://github.com/dji-sdk/Mobile-SDK-Android/blob/master/Sample%20Code/app/src/main/java/com/dji/sdk/sample/demo/flightcontroller/FlightAssistantPushDataView.java
2021-1-15
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules