1710 29 2020-12-7
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Nivu03
lvl.1
Flight distance : 113428 ft
  • >>>
Finland

When I'm filming in 4k at 60/30fps the video bitrate is only around 60mbps. I have the battery saver mode turned off and I have fast V30 sd card. Has anyone had the same issue?
2020-12-7
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there Nivu03. Thank you for reaching out and for these information you have posted. may we know what is the model of the mobile device you are using please for us to be able to isolate the said issue? Thank you.
2020-12-7
Use props
Nivu03
lvl.1
  • >>>
Finland

DJI Stephen Posted at 12-7 19:12
Hello there Nivu03. Thank you for reaching out and for these information you have posted. may we know what is the model of the mobile device you are using please for us to be able to isolate the said issue? Thank you.

DJI pocket 2
2020-12-7
Use props
Ray-CubeAce
Second Officer

United Kingdom

Check you do not have beautification mode on as that may smooth and reduce resolution.
2020-12-7
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Do you have the 'do it all handle' on?
2020-12-7
Use props
Nivu03
lvl.1
  • >>>
Finland

Montfrooij Posted at 12-7 23:36
Do you have the 'do it all handle' on?

No I don't have do it all handle.
2020-12-7
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

Nivu03 Posted at 12-7 23:37
No I don't have do it all handle.

Ok, it does affect some video settings from what I have heard.
But in this case, that rules it out.
What video mode are you in?
Raw video?
2020-12-7
Use props
Nivu03
lvl.1
  • >>>
Finland

Montfrooij Posted at 12-7 23:43
Ok, it does affect some video settings from what I have heard.
But in this case, that rules it out.
What video mode are you in?

I'm using the normal video mode in 4k at 30/60fps. I have the high quality and pro mode turned on. Is there some kind of different RAW video mode?
2020-12-8
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

Nivu03 Posted at 12-8 01:59
I'm using the normal video mode in 4k at 30/60fps. I have the high quality and pro mode turned on. Is there some kind of different RAW video mode?

I don't own a P2 (not yet) so I can't test, but I assume you can set a picture profile that makes for raw output.
Maybe some other P2 users can step in!
2020-12-8
Use props
Tom899
lvl.2
United States

I'm filming at 4K 30fps. I seem to average 80mbps. I tried both Battery and High Quality, Normal Color and D-Cinilike. I was hoping to have 100mbps option.
2020-12-8
Use props
chasg
lvl.2

United Kingdom

Montfrooij Posted at 12-8 02:30
I don't own a P2 (not yet) so I can't test, but I assume you can set a picture profile that makes for raw output.
Maybe some other P2 users can step in!

Just fyi: I'm afraid that there is no raw video option on the Pocket 2, but (under most circumstances) there is the somewhat flat Cine-like colour profile (not really close to raw video, but it's a step in the right direction for those who like to grade their own footage :-)

There _is_ an option for raw stills photos though.
2020-12-8
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

chasg Posted at 12-8 04:38
Just fyi: I'm afraid that there is no raw video option on the Pocket 2, but (under most circumstances) there is the somewhat flat Cine-like colour profile (not really close to raw video, but it's a step in the right direction for those who like to grade their own footage :-)

There _is_ an option for raw stills photos though.

That is what I'm referring too indeed.
Flat profile.
Or 'raw' output (I know it is different, but the closest we can get with most small sensor cameras)
And probably the closest you want to get because the true 'raw' output will probably look bad.
2020-12-8
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

Tom899 Posted at 12-8 04:04
I'm filming at 4K 30fps. I seem to average 80mbps. I tried both Battery and High Quality, Normal Color and D-Cinilike. I was hoping to have 100mbps option.

Is there noticeable artifacts from compression in the footage?
2020-12-8
Use props
Nivu03
lvl.1
  • >>>
Finland

Montfrooij Posted at 12-8 05:06

I switched to d cinelike and the bitrate is now around 80mbps but still not around 100mbps like on the pocket 1.
2020-12-8
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

Nivu03 Posted at 12-8 05:08
I switched to d cinelike and the bitrate is now around 80mbps but still not around 100mbps like on the pocket 1.

That is strange. But do you notice any artifacts?
2020-12-8
Use props
Ray-CubeAce
Second Officer

United Kingdom

High quality mode is noise reduction to use at high ISOs. It will soften the image and use less bits.  Use battery saving mode and try that.
2020-12-8
Use props
Tom899
lvl.2
United States

Montfrooij Posted at 12-8 05:06

I didn't notice artifacts in my short test, but wasn't looking either. I think it's best (at least for now) to use "Battery Saver" mode for best image quality, because, "High Quality" is processing high ISO noise (at least that is what we are being told?) DJI, please set us straight if this is not true? I personally do Not want in camera processing (at least in "High Quality" mode). I would rather deal with high ISO noise myself in post processing. I was hoping "High Quality" mode would do just that, increase high quality by increasing MBPS to 100, but it does not. I would like to please request an option to increase MBPS to 100 in the future.
2020-12-9
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

Tom899 Posted at 12-9 02:52
I didn't notice artifacts in my short test, but wasn't looking either. I think it's best (at least for now) to use "Battery Saver" mode for best image quality, because, "High Quality" is processing high ISO noise (at least that is what we are being told?) DJI, please set us straight if this is not true? I personally do Not want in camera processing (at least in "High Quality" mode). I would rather deal with high ISO noise myself in post processing. I was hoping "High Quality" mode would do just that, increase high quality by increasing MBPS to 100, but it does not. I would like to please request an option to increase MBPS to 100 in the future.

That high bitrate is only useful when there is enough data to work with.
I doubt that is the case with the P2.
Otherwise it is just extra storage and processing power that you need.
But if you get artifacts, it is needed.
2020-12-9
Use props
Tom899
lvl.2
United States

Montfrooij Posted at 12-9 03:08
That high bitrate is only useful when there is enough data to work with.
I doubt that is the case with the P2.
Otherwise it is just extra storage and processing power that you need.

Good points, maybe the P2 package is not really cabable of a higher bitrate quality than 80. If that is the case, it is at it's limits with 80. Seems strange though, the P1 had 100?
2020-12-9
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

Tom899 Posted at 12-9 04:07
Good points, maybe the P2 package is not really cabable of a higher bitrate quality than 80. If that is the case, it is at it's limits with 80. Seems strange though, the P1 had 100?

Maybe they have concluded that they did not need 100mb..
Just a thought of course.
I have no insight information from  the DJI kitchen
2020-12-9
Use props
Tom899
lvl.2
United States

Montfrooij Posted at 12-9 05:03
Maybe they have concluded that they did not need 100mb..
Just a thought of course.
I have no insight information from  the DJI kitchen

Could be! It's worth while to bring it up though, maybe we will find out and maybe we won't.
2020-12-9
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

Tom899 Posted at 12-9 05:14
Could be! It's worth while to bring it up though, maybe we will find out and maybe we won't.

It is not very common that details about these things are revealed.
Those days are long gone unfortunately.
(unless there is a major bug everybody is complaining about)

As long as they don't advertise something, there is no 'need' to be clear about tech specs.

In the past (3 years ago or more) there used to be some inside admins here on the forum that would give information about why certain choices were made.
I remember video quality issues on the MP (1) that were discussed here where some admins clarified the choice between available bitrate and compression needed.
But those admins are no longer here unfortunately.
2020-12-9
Use props
Blellow
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1311056 ft
  • >>>
United States

That stinks.
2020-12-9
Use props
chasg
lvl.2

United Kingdom

Montfrooij Posted at 12-8 05:03
That is what I'm referring too indeed.
Flat profile.
Or 'raw' output (I know it is different, but the closest we can get with most small sensor cameras)

Oh, I don't know, I would think that, if the Pocket 2 were capable of it, raw video would be awesome! I shoot raw video on other cameras and, just like a DNG still, you can pull so much more info out in post. Only problem: raw shooting requires a lot of in-camera processing power, and hugely fast storage media (XQD, CFast or an SSD). Hard to do with such a tiny machine (it would probably melt :-)
2020-12-9
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

chasg Posted at 12-9 07:07
Oh, I don't know, I would think that, if the Pocket 2 were capable of it, raw video would be awesome! I shoot raw video on other cameras and, just like a DNG still, you can pull so much more info out in post. Only problem: raw shooting requires a lot of in-camera processing power, and hugely fast storage media (XQD, CFast or an SSD). Hard to do with such a tiny machine (it would probably melt :-)

So maybe they have downgraded to prevent overheating.
2020-12-9
Use props
chasg
lvl.2

United Kingdom

Montfrooij Posted at 12-9 07:27
So maybe they have downgraded to prevent overheating.

forgive me, but I think we're talking at cross purposes here. I hope you don't mind if I clarify what I'm talking about.

Raw video, for example, from the Sigma FP (smallest raw-video-capable camera that I know of), results in Cinema DNG files being created at 24-30fps, and, for top-quality 12-bit 4K, requires HDMI output to an external recorder like an Atmos Ninja (because 4K raw is a _lot_ of data!). That's raw video: every frame is a raw photo (other cameras work similarly). This is why I joked that the Pocket 2 would melt if it offered raw video: no way can it produce, and store, 24 to 30 DNG files per second :-)

Good (if somewhat technical) post on raw video formats here: https://www.hdvideopro.com/workflow/capture-workflow/formats-explained/

The pocket 2, at best, gives us a video file with a flat profile (Cine-like). It's better than nothing for those who like to grade their video, but to use the term "raw" to describe it would be incorrect. None of DJI's consumer/prosumer products have ever been able to shoot raw video, to the best of my knowledge (happy to be corrected). But I assume that their higher end drones can carry cameras capable of raw video.

I  hope you'll forgive me for being pedantic, but, since we're communicating by text, I feel it's important that we get our terms right  :-)
2020-12-9
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

chasg Posted at 12-9 08:07
forgive me, but I think we're talking at cross purposes here. I hope you don't mind if I clarify what I'm talking about.

Raw video, for example, from the Sigma FP (smallest raw-video-capable camera that I know of), results in Cinema DNG files being created at 24-30fps, and, for top-quality 12-bit 4K, requires HDMI output to an external recorder like an Atmos Ninja (because 4K raw is a _lot_ of data!). That's raw video: every frame is a raw photo (other cameras work similarly). This is why I joked that the Pocket 2 would melt if it offered raw video: no way can it produce, and store, 24 to 30 DNG files per second :-)

Very true!
This camera won't do true raw. It does not have the hardware to process this amount of data.
But also, the high bitrate (100) might be too much, so they might have downgraded to 80 to prevent overheating.
2020-12-9
Use props
Papierflieger
lvl.2
Flight distance : 472329 ft
Germany

Like the other already said, use battery saver mode. High performance dose not produce better quality. Here is another Topic were we talked About that klick
2020-12-9
Use props
chasg
lvl.2

United Kingdom

Montfrooij Posted at 12-9 08:12
Very true!
This camera won't do true raw. It does not have the hardware to process this amount of data.
But also, the high bitrate (100) might be too much, so they might have downgraded to 80 to prevent overheating.

Agreed (sorry to get so far off the original topic of this thread!)
2020-12-9
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

chasg Posted at 12-9 08:47
Agreed (sorry to get so far off the original topic of this thread!)

No problem at all.
2020-12-9
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules