Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Upside down screen smartphone mavic mini
4080 13 2020-12-7
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Diego Vieira
lvl.1

Brazil

Friends, this week I tried to use my Mavic mini and I couldn't cause when I plugged in controller the screen on my Redmi note 8 was upside down and didn't back to normal...still today is like this. I removed the app dji fly and installed again but it's the same issue.......do you know what can I do? I'll travel now in december, want to use my MM, but like this is impossible, or at least very difficult. Thanks
2020-12-7
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there Diego Vieira. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. Upon checking the said mobile device ( Redmi Note 8 ) that your are trying to use on your DJI Mavic Mini and with the DJI Fly application. I am sorry to say that the said mobile device is not recommended for the said drone and with the said application. We would suggest using a recommended mobile device for the DJI Mavic Mini and with the DJI Fly application for compatibility and reliability purposes. There is a possibility that the Redmi Note 8 will be able to work on the DJI Mavic Mini and with the DJI Fly application. But however, since it's not yet optimized with the said drone and with the said application we cannot guaranteed if it will work all the time and if it will be able to run all the functions of the DJI Fly application while using it on the DJI Mavic Mini. For reference I will post a link where in you can check the recommended mobile devices for the DJI Mavic Mini ( https://www.dji.com/mavic-mini/downloads ). Thank you.
2020-12-7
Use props
GaryDoug
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1264639 ft
  • >>>
United States

Does the device screen adjust normally when you tilt it in any other usage? If not, check the device settings.
2020-12-7
Use props
Diego Vieira
lvl.1

Brazil

DJI Stephen Posted at 12-7 19:37
Hello there Diego Vieira. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. Upon checking the said mobile device ( Redmi Note 8 ) that your are trying to use on your DJI Mavic Mini and with the DJI Fly application. I am sorry to say that the said mobile device is not recommended for the said drone and with the said application. We would suggest using a recommended mobile device for the DJI Mavic Mini and with the DJI Fly application for compatibility and reliability purposes. There is a possibility that the Redmi Note 8 will be able to work on the DJI Mavic Mini and with the DJI Fly application. But however, since it's not yet optimized with the said drone and with the said application we cannot guaranteed if it will work all the time and if it will be able to run all the functions of the DJI Fly application while using it on the DJI Mavic Mini. For reference I will post a link where in you can check the recommended mobile devices for the DJI Mavic Mini ( https://www.dji.com/mavic-mini/downloads ). Thank you.

Thanks friend. It was working ok until this week. I really don't know what happened. I'll try to reset the phone.
2020-12-8
Use props
Diego Vieira
lvl.1

Brazil

GaryDoug Posted at 12-7 19:50
Does the device screen adjust normally when you tilt it in any other usage? If not, check the device settings.

Yes, you can adjust, but now is blocked and it's just with the app Dji Fly, so maybe the new version of the MIUI created this bug. I think I'll try to reset the phone.
2020-12-8
Use props
Donut
lvl.4
Flight distance : 42415 ft
United States

Do you have screen lock on ( rotation.r
2020-12-8
Use props
Diego Vieira
lvl.1

Brazil

Donut Posted at 12-8 21:40
Do you have screen lock on ( rotation.r

No, my rotation was free. All the apps worked normally, just the dji Fly. I don't know is it was a problem from the app or the smartphone
2020-12-9
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Diego Vieira Posted at 12-8 13:08
Thanks friend. It was working ok until this week. I really don't know what happened. I'll try to reset the phone.

Hi there Diego Vieira. Thank you for the reply and for the additional information you have given. If you have any other inquiries or concerns with DJI. Please feel free to post it here at DJI Forum. We are all here to help and support you.
2020-12-10
Use props
JJB*
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 12225059 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Diego Vieira Posted at 12-8 13:09
Yes, you can adjust, but now is blocked and it's just with the app Dji Fly, so maybe the new version of the MIUI created this bug. I think I'll try to reset the phone.

Hiya,

I use multiple android Xiaomi devices.

My latest is running on MIUI Global 12.0.4 (QJGEUXM)  and the FlyApp works great on this device.
[ android version = 10 QKQ1.200512.002 ]

cheers
JJB
2020-12-11
Use props
colorado kid
lvl.1
South Korea

DJI Stephen Posted at 2020-12-7 19:37
Hello there Diego Vieira. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. Upon checking the said mobile device ( Redmi Note 8 ) that your are trying to use on your DJI Mavic Mini and with the DJI Fly application. I am sorry to say that the said mobile device is not recommended for the said drone and with the said application. We would suggest using a recommended mobile device for the DJI Mavic Mini and with the DJI Fly application for compatibility and reliability purposes. There is a possibility that the Redmi Note 8 will be able to work on the DJI Mavic Mini and with the DJI Fly application. But however, since it's not yet optimized with the said drone and with the said application we cannot guaranteed if it will work all the time and if it will be able to run all the functions of the DJI Fly application while using it on the DJI Mavic Mini. For reference I will post a link where in you can check the recommended mobile devices for the DJI Mavic Mini ( https://www.dji.com/mavic-mini/downloads ). Thank you.

yes this IS so frustrating! when i bought my mini last year, no problems. then back in oct (?), i updated firmware. suddenly, controller upside down. no matter what i tried, couldn't get it to rotate to proper landscape mode. i resorted to flying it upside down for about ten minutes, but it was terrifying and potentially dangerous. so i landed my mini and went home. occasionally, the remote control will correct itself after about 15-20 min. but, this is not something i can always expect to happen. please help! i am using an iPhone SE2. i will travel again soon and really want to be able to use drone, but if i can't solve this issue, what is the point? very frustrating and disappointing. and yes, i've checked auto rotation. thanks in advance for your help!
2021-1-16
Use props
Fireguy 2018
New

Bermuda

DJI Stephen Posted at 2020-12-7 19:37
Hello there Diego Vieira. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. Upon checking the said mobile device ( Redmi Note 8 ) that your are trying to use on your DJI Mavic Mini and with the DJI Fly application. I am sorry to say that the said mobile device is not recommended for the said drone and with the said application. We would suggest using a recommended mobile device for the DJI Mavic Mini and with the DJI Fly application for compatibility and reliability purposes. There is a possibility that the Redmi Note 8 will be able to work on the DJI Mavic Mini and with the DJI Fly application. But however, since it's not yet optimized with the said drone and with the said application we cannot guaranteed if it will work all the time and if it will be able to run all the functions of the DJI Fly application while using it on the DJI Mavic Mini. For reference I will post a link where in you can check the recommended mobile devices for the DJI Mavic Mini ( https://www.dji.com/mavic-mini/downloads ). Thank you.

Hell DJi Stephen,  I was wondering if you can help.

I have the exact same issue as Diego Vieira but  I am using the Samsung S8, when I first purchased my mavic mini air version 1,  last year I had no issues whatsoever. I cant resolve the issue.
2021-5-13
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Fireguy 2018 Posted at 5-13 16:32
Hell DJi Stephen,  I was wondering if you can help.

I have the exact same issue as Diego Vieira but  I am using the Samsung S8, when I first purchased my mavic mini air version 1,  last year I had no issues whatsoever. I cant resolve the issue.

Hi there Fireguy 2018. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. Can you please try to uninstall and reinstall the DJI Fly application from this DJI link ( https://www.dji.com/mavic-mini/downloads ) to see if the issue will still persist? Kindly please keep us posted for further assistance. Thank you.
2021-5-14
Use props
David Ayoola Ogundimu
New

Nigeria

Please am having a similar challenge.

My Nokia 4.2 has been working well with my Mavic PRO RC before but now the screen is upside down.

I have tried restarting several times , all to no avail
2021-5-14
Use props
Mashroomhut
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2760791 ft
Poland

Hi, everyone!
My first idea would be to get a longer cable to make it possible to rotate the mobile device.
2021-5-14
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules